Part Two: We've Made of Mess of Things

Triage (Four-shot Sequel to Everything's Alright)

 

"Thanks for coming to visit me." Luhan said, as he pulled out a seat for her.
 
Mingyu gave him a skeptical look, but sat down in the chair none-the-less, and allowed him to scoot her in toward the table, before sitting down across from her.
The restraunt he'd called her to meet eat lunch at was rather fancy. Packed with middle and upperclass businessmen and groups of wealthy house wives.
The place was bustling, despite the quiet at their table, as Luhan watched her, watching everyonelse.
 
"How have you been?" she asked suddenly, breaking the silence.
 
The older male smiled at her, "I've been well. What about you? How is Taipei treating you?"
 
"Taipei's wonderful. I thought I wouldn't like it there, at first. But, the company put me up with a really great condo, and my office has the most wonderful view." she answered honestly, even though she knew that cathcing up wasn't the real reason he'd called her here.
 
He nodded, pausing awkwardly as he quietly tried to think of another question, "What did you really call me here for, Luhan?"
The older frowned, "Do I have to have an alterior motive? Is it impossible for me to simply have wanted to see you while you were in town? It's not often you visit Guangzhou."
 
Mingyu shook her head, "No, but we both know you have somethingelse you want to say."
 
The older sighed, but nodded, "Have you been to see Kris?" Just as she thought this would be about.
 
"No, I haven't." she told him sternly.
 
"Will you see him before you go back?"he questioned.
 
"No." Luhan frowned, and reached across the table to touch her hand.
 
'It's been a year, Ming Ming." he said quietly, "You should at least talk to him."
 
She knew he was right, that Kris deserved that much, after leaving him like she had.
But, she was content. No more fights, no more tears. She'd focused on her work, picked up her life, even made some friends in Taipei.
And, she had no intention of returning to her former life, no matter how much she missed Wu Yifan.
"I've moved on with my life."
 
"I know that he doesn't deserve you, Ming." Luhan said, giving her fingers a light supportive squeeze, "But, he's a mess without you."
 
She hadn't needed to here that. She hadn't wanted to. And, she was clear to make that known to her friend.
He tried to make her stay, but she would hear none of it.
"At least call him, Mingyu!" he called after he, as she left the restraunt.
 
She didn't want to see him. Because she knew if she did she wouldn't be able to go back to her new life in Taipei.
Because she missed her dearly, and wanted him back. But, she'd become stronger enough to know the difference between her wants and her needs.
 
 
Several nights later, she was having dinner with her siblings when her cellphone rang, Luhan's number flashing across the screen.
"Wei?" she awnsered, in the background there was alot of noise, like people bickering.
 
"Mei mei, it's Luhan Ge." he said loudly, as to be heard over the noise, so loud that she had to move her ear away from the receiver.
 
"What's going on?" she questioned, there was an awful lot of racket on his end, and she was sure she could hear Yixing and Zitao arguing in the background.
 
"Can you come to the hospital?" he asked in a rush, behind his voice the noise grew louder and then vanished completely, the steady beeping of a monitor replaced it.
 
"The hospital? For what?" What could he possibly be doing there?
 
"It's Kris." And, that was all it took to have her running out of the restraunt for taxi that would take her to Guangzhou Can Am International Medical Center.