chapter 08

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I had never seen such a wicked grin on an angelic face. And yes, I admit that Oh Sehun was quiet fine-looking.

“Very well then” he said as he opened his locker, revealing a stack of books. He tossed them at me, one after another, until they reached my jaw. They were pretty heavy.

“Go turn these to the library” he waved his hand, dismissing me. My jaw was practically hitting the ground as I stared at him in utter disbelieve.

“Are you insane?! My class starts in two minutes. Do you have any idea where the library is?”

“Yes I do, and it will take you approximately ten minutes if you walk slowly, but I’ve been told that you’re a pretty fast runner. If you make a run for it now, you’ll get to class just in time”

 

Before I my heels, I caught a glimpse of his triumphant smile. That bastard.

Putting my fast legs into use, I ran all the way down to the first floor, bumping few students on the way out of building A.

 

The school was one of the largest in Seoul; it had four buildings, and each building had three floors. The indoor gymnasium was located behind the buildings, next to it were the outdoor playgrounds. The headmaster’s office along with the nurse’s office, teacher’s offices, the meeting hall, and the library were in building D.

 

I ran as fast as I could, my hair flying everywhere and constantly whipping me in the face. Colorful profanities left my dry mouth as I made it to the library. The lobby was large, with marbled floor and mahogany reception desk. I was surrounded by rows and rows of different books, which made me want to gag. I was never fond of books. Behind the desk sat a boy, his nerdy glasses stuck to his nose as he typed something on his laptop and checked the book in his hands, flipping the pages.

 

Without wasting time, I jogged towards him and cleared my throat “Excuse me? I came to return these”

“Wait a minute” he spoke absently, not even glancing at me. My blood was boiling and it took me all self control not to take his ridiculous glasses and snap them.

“Hey!” I slammed the books on the desk, startling him, “I came to return these, and I don’t have time to wait” I viciously scowled at him and ran out the doors before he could reply.

God had blessed me with long legs, and I scurried rapidly to the first building as I noticed that the hallways became gradually empty. Sweat trickled down my spine as I realized that I was the last student to set foot into the classroom. Namji sagged in relief as she saw me.

 

“Where were you? You know Mr.Yang won’t let anyone in after he closes the door” she whispered as I took a seat next to her. I wiped my forehead with my sleeve and let out a long shaky breath.

“Your … cousin” I struggled to take a breath, “I’ll kill him” and that was where our conversation ended before Mr.Yang ordered us to quiet down.

 

 

“What did you mean when you said you’re going to kill him?” Namji asked as she put her tray on the table and sat next to me. I sighed heavily and contemplated if I should tell her or not. Heck, they’re going to notice anyway.

“He’s blackmailing me to be his slave” I muttered darkly as I stabbed the food in my tray with the chopsticks. The last word made me hate that cruel monster even more.

 

“A slave?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened twice their size.

“Ooooh that sounds ual” kai said with a smirk and I flushed a record shade of red. I was about to poke his eye with the life-threatening spoon in my hand, but the devil appeared and sat right next to me.

“Not in that way you , she’s not even my type” he said nonchalantly as he drunk some orange juice. Somehow, I felt offended.

“But why? What did you do?” Chanyeol’s eyes rounded as he demanded.

“Remember the day when I asked for your help?” he nodded, I sighed “H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter