chapter 07

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Where is he?”

“In the rest room. Kyungsoo made sure he won’t leave easily” Chanyeol smirked and handed me the keys.

After I explained my problem to them, the three guys agreed to help me. Chanyeol was in charge of the whole mission; he was acting like a military leader with his fake stick. Kyungsoo’s job was to poison Mr.Kim’s food. Well, not really poison it, but causing him diarrhea with a light fever would be enough. Taehyun had to steal the set of keys hang in his belt loops while the gullible teacher (or maybe jailer, seeing how many keys he had) was talking to the vice-president about his endless nuisances.

 

“I’ll go in, you stay here” I said as I fumbled with the keys before finding the right one.

“Roger that” he looked around for any spies and I quietly walked in, hurriedly searching drawers. The last drawer had a stack of papers. Students’ papers.

I grinned mischievously and smoothly slipped my copy between two others. Just when I pushed back the drawer, Chanyeol came in with a frantic expression.

“! Hurry! He’s coming” he pulled me by the hand and we dashed from the class, running as fast as we could before Mr.Kim would catch a glimpse of us.

 

“Oh my god!” once we were out of sight, I started cackling like a mad hyena. Chanyeol’s laughter was not any quieter, and I thought he’d die from the lack of oxygen.

“Did you see how he was holding his ?!” the giant laughed more and wiped tears from his eyes.

“I owe you” I admitted and he patted my head as we headed to the gymnasium. The sound of a ball slamming on the ground reached my ears. From what I’ve noticed, the gymnasium was always empty on Monday and Friday morning, but apparently, someone was there.

 

The ball was dribbled back and forth between two legs, handled perfectly by whoever it was. Moving from left to right, right to left, pivoting on one foot, the player seemed like he was facing invisible opponents. Rushing to the free-throw lane, he jumped up high and shoved the ball into the hoop, slamming it with so much force that it sounded like thunder.

I stood there, awestricken by the remarkable dunk. Basketball had always been one of my favorite sports, and I wanted to join a basketball team so bad when I was a kid, but I gave up because the only thing I was good at with my hands was punching people.

 

“Nice dunk, Sehun” Chanyeol’s excited voice dragged me abruptly back to reality. He turned around and, for some unrecognizable reasons, I found myself blushing. He was wearing black sport shorts, grey sleeveless shirt, and gym shoes. His stoic expression was practically permanent on his face, and his sweaty, brown locks were perfectly disheveled. I hated how I was surprised every time we accidently met each other. It was uncomfortable, not to mention that he smirked in my face, like he was mocking me or something. I highly doubted that he was hiding something.

 

“I know you don’t like that kid. Just watch, Yuri, I’ll take him down for you” Chanyeol said jokingly before patted my hair and took of his dress shirt, standing proudly in front of Sehun in his beige uniform pants and white wife beater.

“One on one” I heard Chanyeol say with an excited grin as the ball bounced up in down. One thing I had to admit about Chanyeol was the fact that he was an attractive male, despite his overly excited eyes and smile, which resembled the Joker’s in Batman.

 

Sitting on the replacement benches, I watched the two males going through their ‘one-on-one’ challenge. I was so engrossed in the game that I hadn’t noticed the basketball flying to my face. The moment that I stood up, the ball hit me harshly in the bosom and I yelped. The two figures came running to me while I clutched my chest, waiting for the pain to subside.

“Are you okay?” surprisingly, it wasn’t Chanyeol who asked, but Sehun. He kneeled down to my level and, for the first time, I could see concern itching on his face. Seeing a new expression rather than his blank face was refreshing, and it made me forget about the pain momentarily. I was totally aware of the heat that was creeping up my face, and his intense gaze made it much worse.

“Guys…” Chanyeol cleared his throat, making me look up at him after I gulped down. Sehun averted his eyes and headed back to the basketball court.

“Does it hurt?” the taller one asked, I shrugged it of and said that I was alright, while clearly, a punch to the chest for a girl is as painful as a kick to the groin.

 

I hurriedly walked out of the gymnasium, leaving Sehun and Chanyeol inside.

The girls’ restroom was empty. I sagged heavily and pulled my hair back in a ponytail, and then I washed my face, trying to cool down the heat that was invading my cheeks. Looking up to the mirror, I saw a brunette with a puzzled expression and flustered cheeks. I blinked confusedly as I felt my heart flutter in my ribcage, my hand reached to my chest as it rose and fell when I took a deep breath. I knew that the reason behind my bizarre behavior is the image of the worried look a certain male displayed earlier.

Just what was it?

 

 

I sighed. The day passed by in a blur and I was already attending my last class, which was, by far, the worst, considering I had to deal with theoretical physics.

I was counting the seconds till the bell would ring, playing with the pen between my thumb and index, and suddenly realizing that the trees outside were much worthy of my time than a physics lesson.

A crumpled piece of paper bumped to my ear before landing on my lap. I unfolded it and read its content:

‘Meet me after school, in the park where you were hanging with that eye-liner dude’. I frowned hard and looked to the left, meeting Sehun’s gaze that was bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter