Regrets

Too Late for Everything : Regrets

 

I’m on my way now to his concert. I hope I can talk to him after his show. *sigh*

 

*ring ring*

I answered the phone.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Where are you now?”

“On my way. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. “ She hung up the phone.

________________

 

I reached the concert area. Wow! I can see and talk to him now. I really hope we can.

“Ara!” I heard my name.

“Oh. Hyelim-ah!” I ran towards my friend.

“He’s so famous now, right?!”

“Yeah. I know.” *sighs*

“Why are you sighing?” She asked me.

“I wish he still remembers me.” I said.

“For sure!”

“I don’t think so.” I shrugged.

 

“Waaaahhh!!!”

“Omo!!”

“Oppa!!”

I heard fan screams. I bet Yong Guk is already here.

As he passed right in front of me, I remembered everything. 

 

-flashback-

We’re just in highschool

“Ara! What’s up?” I my back to see Yong Guk approaching me. I looked around to see if someone is looking at us.

“Wae?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing.”

“So how are you? Are you busy later? Maybe we can have some snack.” He asked while rubbing the back of his neck. He looks so shy. I blushed.

“Yong Guk-ah, it doesn’t suit you to be shy. Haha.” I giggled.

“Yeah. I know.. But, what’s your answer? So it’s a yes?” I nodded. “See you later.” He winked then blew a flying kiss in the air. I blushed once again.

 

“Hey.” Hyelim-ah snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Neh?” I asked still a bit absent-minded.

“You’re thinking about him again?” I just nodded. She snapped her fingers in front of my face.

“Hey Ms. Yoo! The two of you don’t suit together. He’s such a jerk for someone as perfect as you. You two don’t match. DON’T DATE HIM.”

“Yeah.. She’s right.” My other friends agreed with her.

“But why?” I frowned.

“You have an image to preserve, remember?” Nara answered.

“But still. .I don’t get it.” I shrugged.

“We just don’t like this guy for you. He’s not good enough for you”

“Fine.” I sighed.

“And, he’s not the perfect one for you.” She added.

 

“Mianhe oppa. We need to break up.” I said while looking down. I don’t want oppa to see me crying.

“W-wae?” he asked. I can feel he’s going to cry any moment. Like me.

“Mianhe.” I said, still looking down.

“Because they don’t like me? Because you don’t want others to say that you like stupid guys like me? Because you don’t want negative opinions from others? Is that your reason? What is more important, what people say about you or me?”  He finally cried. I also burst into tears. “What? Is that your reason?”

“Mianhe oppa b-but –“ He kissed my lips. I closed my eyes. I don’t want to be affected by his kiss. I pulled away immediately.

“Ara.” He looked at my eyes. I quickly looked away. “Are we just going to stop this because they don’t like me?” I cried harder. “Please, let’s don’t stop this. I don’t want to stop this. Now that I love you. I love you Ara.” I was surprised by his words. By the look at his face, he too is surprised.

“I love you too oppa.” I suddenly touched his cheek and caressed it. I tried to stop crying and wiped my tears. “Sorry. But I need to go oppa.” I my back. I pretended to be strong. When I heard him crying, I wanted to look back. But I shouldn’t. I cupped my face then tried to stop myself from crying.

-end of flashback-

 

“Yah! Let’s go inside now.” Hyelim poked me and pulled me inside.

 

We watched the show. I was just staring at him the whole time. He was still as handsome as he is before. He still have the same look. The only different thing is that he’s not just an ordinary guy. He’s famous now. He has many fans. Unlike before that he only have 5 friends.

The concert was near to its end. I saw him went down of the stage and got someone from the crowd. When I saw the lucky girl’s face, she was familiar.

“Isn’t that Jieun from Secret?” Hyelim asked. I just nodded. I’m wondering why she’s with Yong Guk.

“Hello everyone! I know that you all know her, right? She’s Song Jieun of Secret.” Everyone screamed and cheered. “I just want you all to know that…” He held her hand. I was so surprised. He raised it up. I never did expect that he’s going to say this.

She’s my girlfriend.” I looked around. I can see everyone’s mouth opening. It seems that thet are all cheering. But why can’t I hear them.

 

 

“She’s my girlfriend.” 

“She’s my girlfriend.”

 

 

That is all I can hear.  Thos words keep on repeating on my mind. Tears blurred my vision. I know that I’m going to cry now.

 

“Gwenchana?” My friend asked. I ran to the restroom. I cried.

“You’re Ara right?” A girl asked me. When I looked at her, it’s Yong Guk’s girlfriend. I just nodded.

“He used to tell me about you.” I was shocked.

“What d-do you m-mean?”                 

“He loved you so much, Ara. If you only knew how much he loved you.” I can’t believe what she said. “But he loves me now. If you just accept him and didn’t care of what others will say before, you two might still be together today. I really know how much he loved you before. He’s so caring and loving. He’s so—“

“Thank you Jieun-ssi.” I left the rest room. I saw him outside.

“Ara? Is that you?” He asked. Again, tears blurred my vision. “Long time no see.” He said cheerfully. “How are you?”

“I missed you.” I whispered.

“Me too.” He looked away. “Oh Jieun!” I saw Jieun came out of the rest room and wrapped her arm on Yong Guk’s waist. He wrapped his arm on her shoulder. “So, I guess I’ll see you around.” He smiled then turned his back.

“I used to love you too oppa.. Oh.. No.. I still love you oppa. Mianhe.” I looked down then cried. “Now, it’s really too late for everything. I regret everything now.” I cried harder.

 

 

*It’s really too late to say I love you to you oppa. Too late for you to know that I still love you. Too late for everything.*