II. A Night of Escapades.

The Hound

 

II. A Night of Escapades

 

 

[ Nothing lasts forever,

Nothing really matters ] 

 

 

 



 

 

“How is she?” was the first question that escaped his lips as a subordinate enters his private office.

 

He had mandated the latter to be one out of the Privates to secretly watch one of the heiresses not assigned to them. He was anxious knowing that she has returned home and once again treated as a prisoner.

 

He played with his fingers. Hands clasped together with thumbs rolling one over the other. He looks at the man in front of him calmly even if his eyes tell otherwise. He was trained to hide his emotions, his reactions. However, this situation seems an exemption. He could not calm down knowing she’s back in the place she dreaded the most. Albeit knowing how she had changed drastically, the fear of losing her rationality lingers on him. And it’s eating him up inside knowing he could not do so much for her. Just for now. Just for now she has to endure everything.

 

“I talked to one of the maids and they say that surprisingly, the woman has not yet shown any sign of restraint” the man who looked older for his age answered calmly as he opens his mini tablet and scans the note he had written on it. He was wearing casual clothing – leather jacket, black jeans, a plain white shirt, and a pair of black Nike sneakers.

 

“She also said that the heiress was eating on time and was even following her timetable that a private family instructor had created for her. She has her piano lessons on Mondays and Tuesdays around three in the afternoon which lasted for an hour or so. She also has her etiquette class on Wednesdays and Fridays that run three hours long. It’s been said that the dreadful class was her punishment for running away and was heavily mandated that she attend every class” he continued, browsing the tablet on hand once again.

 

Leeteuk, who was seated on his swiveling chair behind his desk, turned to the other side, back facing the other individual. His elbows were leaning against the armrest as his head was leaning against his clasped hands.

 

Leeteuk could only stare into the void as he listens intently to the other speaking. He knew now that there was nothing to worry, yet. He could not hide the fact that a small smirk had crept on his face as he process what thoughts might be occurring on the heiress’ brain. He felt proud of his girl. She certainly did mature.

 

The rest of his companion’s word became blurry in his hearing. He could no longer comprehend everything that he was saying. None of those matter now, after he had heard what he wanted to hear. He only mandated this freshly appointed Private to make sure that she will not lose her rationality and do something illogical. That was his only intention, and after making sure she’s right, every other information isn’t needed. Jessica is a tough woman, that he’s very well sure now. Jessica would be alright by herself because…

 

“Last night though, the maid informed me that Miss Jung was put into the basement for she answered one of their family colleagues during dinner as the man insulted the young heiress and accusing her for her sister’s death” Jiwon, the person Leeteuk asked to guard Jessica and make sure she’s alright ended his report.

 

“That was all”, Jiwon waited for Leeteuk to speak but to his disappointment only silence had engulfed them. He shifted uncomfortable on his position, thinking maybe the information he had gathered and reported for today was useless. Even he, himself, could not pick something significant out of these reports. But what can he do? These were the only facts he could garner for now.

 

Slowly and apprehensively, Leeteuk rotated his chair and face Jiwon again. His face was fabricated by the mask he was used to wear, too used that it actually became part of his being. Leeteuk was emotionless, expressionless. All the more that Jiwon’s body slightly trembles with fear.

 

Leeteuk was known not only as a senior who strictly abides the rule regardless of who the person is, but a person who was also feared because of his stoic face. Rumors spread around that Leeteuk, when it comes to work, rarely shows expression.

 

“You say she was put into the basement after the dinner, right?” Leeteuk asked calmly as he nodded his head before the latter could answer.

 

Jiwon nodded stiffly, diverting his attention back to the table on his hand, browsing the content of his report to make sure.

 

“And it only happened last night, right?”

 

“That what was written in here, Sir. And these reports were according to Hwang Minyoung, Miss Jung’s personal maid” Jiwon clearly stated, boldly this time. He knows that he has to be confident with his own report, if not; it will not appear to be valid.

 

“Very well then, you can now leave. Thank you for a job well done. I’ll call you once again if I needed another report regarding Jung Sooyeon” Leeteuk casually told Jiwon to leave.

 

Jiwon bowed politely before leaving the room, silently opening the door and silently closing it. As he turned to face the alley towards the main lobby, someone grabbed him to the side.

 

 

::::

 

 

She cracked the egg for the fifteenth time, to no success. Pieces and pieces of egg shell still go into the bowl. Exasperatedly and helplessly, she threw the cracked shells and the unmixed egg. She leaned herself against the counter and look at the kitchen mess she had made herself. A sigh escaped her lips. She could not adjust yet to her new life; she could not yet forget what had happened. No, she simply cannot.

 

She closed her eyes and intake a large amount of air. She forced herself to part her eyelids, though she would much prefer if they stay closed forever. Picking up the broom on the floor and the rag she had thrown on the floor earlier, Yoona then decided to clean her own mess.

 

“Donghae should be back” she muttered under her breath as she glances at the clock attached on the wall of the kitchen.

 

The sun had almost set down, yet Donghae has not returned home. Usually, the man would be back before twilight, but she guess today was an exemption. She had wanted to go out and buy some dinner but he restrictedly prohibited her to go out of the house without his companion.

 

Yoona sometimes feel suffocated inside the house and it hasn’t been a week yet since the two of them live together under one roof. It was decided then the moment she escaped the Privates’ headquarter. She was also supplied by the knowledge that half of Privates Class A department was on duty to look for her.

 

Yoona knew of the trouble she had inflicted in all of them that is why she could not really complain. No, she knows she has no right to complain. However, whenever the topic is about Private Jung, Donghae could not give her definite answers and it bothers her.

 

For the past four days, after escaping PSS headquarter, Yoona has not heard anything from the Private. She said she would help her solve this case, solve this mystery. But where was she when Yoona needed her the most?

 

Yoona is not complaining though, but she could not hide her disappointment. Private Lee has been good with her and so was Private Park who even helped her escape and mandate Private Lee to look after her. Nonetheless, Yoona was only comfortable with Private Jessica. Somehow, the woman emits some aura she could not put into words. Yoona was drawn into her and she trusted her. And she still does. But fear overwhelmed Yoona every time she’ll think of the Private, afraid something bad had happened to her because she tried saving her.

 

Yoona had just dumped the trashed into the bin when the front door creaked open. Wiping her hands on her apron, Yoona tried plastering the warmest smile she could produce for the meantime.

 

“I’m home!” Yoona could hear his voice ricocheting throughout the small apartment house. She could smell food that he had probably brought from a nearby store.

 

“Welcome back” Yoona beamed as she watch the man remove his shoes upon entering the house. “I tried making rice but…” her voice trailed off and she sheepishly rubs the back of her neck as her gaze fell on the floor.

 

She heard a soft chuckle coming from Donghae and her pinked cheeks turned into a higher shade of red out of embarrassment.

 

“Figured, that’s why I made sure to buy some too” He ruffled her hair as he walked passed her and into the dining table. He placed the plastic bag on top before washing his hands.

 

Yoona followed suit, grabbing bowls and chopsticks from the kitchen. “I noticed you’re home quite late this time. Anything that matters in work?” she tried to sound casual, she doesn’t want Donghae to think that she’s prying and invading his personal life.

 

“Nothing really, I just talked with Director Park” Donghae answered as the both of them sat down with Yoona placing all the foods into different bowls.

 

“Any news about Private Jung?” Her head snapped directly at Donghae’s direction. Her eyes were pleading for anything new about the said woman.

 

Donghae could not do anything but to sigh. “Director Park said she was put into the basement by her father for retaliating one of their family colleagues during a dinner last night. He said that he feared Private Jung might lose her rationality again if she’s back there” there was so much worried and fear in Donghae’s voice that Yoona almost dropped the bowl on her hand.

 

Shudders and chills went down her spine. She could not understand everything about Private Jung. She might not know her history beside that stoic exterior. But she knows and understands one thing: Private Jung needed to be saved.

 

As if reading her unspoken thoughts, Donghae answers, “Director Park said we should not break into the Jung’s manor and rescue Private Jung. That would be quite difficult”

 

“But –“

 

“I know you cared. I care, too. Private Jung was the one who told us to be here. She was the one who told us to work together. I don’t know her that well but one thing’s for sure; Private Jung could defend and protect herself. She maybe a woman from the outside, but she’s Goliath in the inside” Donghae flashed an assuring smile, a smile that could not even reached his eyes.

 

Yoona knows than to rebut more. They know how this world runs better than she does, best even. All she could do is to pray for everyone’s safety. She felt useless, she felt like the ultimate burden.

 

Donghae flashed another smile before handing her a bowl of rice. “Eat, you’ll need it. Tomorrow we’ll go somewhere”

 

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

 

He threw the cards out of frustration, it had been thrice in a row since he had lost the game and it was not like him. Having enough of his bad luck, he pushed all his remaining money into the center of the table and called it quits.

 

He grabbed his jacket and swiftly wrapped it around his shoulders as he fished out a box of cigarette from his jeans’ pocket, arrogantly grabbing a lighter from one of the customer in the place and throwing it back to him.

 

He walked towards the exit, not bothering to take a glimpse at the es who were now circling around him, trying their best to seduce and grab his attention.

 

He simply smirked at them and shoved them away that go without touching their asses as he coldly made his way towards the exit. He saw some of his friends standing by the door, entertaining themselves with the filthy s the place has to offer.

 

“Let’s go” he simply but firmly stated, bumping his shoulders against one of his peers’. He cocked his head outside and without any more words coming out from his mouth, he leaves the place. His friends followed suit, although grunting at how he ruined their fun.

 

Once outside and into the chilly night, they all walked towards their own motorcycle. His cigarette still on his hands as some also followed his action, lighting their own.

 

Puffs of smoke can be seen around that desolated area. The night was dead silent without anyone walking around. The rain had stopped, and it was obvious it had rained for a while since the whole street was damp. Silence was also bestowed upon them and none of them have the desire to break it. The silence was comfortable though, and they all share the same thought.

 

“Have you got the money?” The man who was seated on his motorcycle asked as he threw his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it to kill the fire.

 

“Who do you think I am? Of course I have it.” The man who was across him with flaming red hair answered proudly. He pulled something out of his leather brown jacket and tosses it to him.

 

The man who was wearing a normal black shirt and an oversized jacket caught it. Immediately, he opened the white envelope and counted the amount. “Nine-hundred, fifty-seven thousand – “

 

“Eight-hundred seventy Won. No more, no less”

 

“I’m impressed, Kai. You have improved” Another man with a very deep voice spoke. His baritone voice was very much audible in a silent night. He threw a bottle of tequila to the man whom he called Kai.

 

Kai caught it and instantly opened it, grinning at his friends who all shook their head.

 

“But still, it’s not enough” The man who holds the money frowns as he secured it in his pocket. “We need more” he said which earned a displeasing growl from the latter.

 

“Oh come on, Luhan. Give me a break. I just got you your money. Don’t worry, more will come. But let me just party for tonight, aye?” Kai rolled his eyes before walking his way towards the said man. He lazily wrapped his arms around the latter’s neck which he immediately remove.

 

“You’re no fun!” Another man, who was the shortest among them all stated as he grabbed the bottle from Kai’s hand.

 

Luhan send the two men a glare, which they both shrug as they walked towards Kai’s motorcycle. Luhan eyed the both of them with livid glare.

 

Kris, who was beside him patted his back comfortingly as he said very deeply, “Relax, let the kids enjoy for once. I’m sure Kai will get your money before the deadline”

 

Luhan sighed. Kris was right. It was not these kids fault. None of his friends was at fault. It was his own doing that they’re doing this and he should be thankful instead. Luhan patted Kris’ shoulder before hopping onto his own motorcycle and igniting the engine to life.

 

“Where are you going, hyung?” Chen, who was with Kai sharing that one bottle of tequila asked as he glanced at his hyung’s back.

 

“Somewhere” was Luhan’s brief answered before he darted off into the road.

 

His jacket was now fully wrapped around his body as the cold breeze of Seoul night whipped through his bare face. He muttered a curse under his breath, muttering how an idiot he is for forgetting his own mask and bonnet.

 

He knew that he will need all things he could get to cover his face, to hide his identity. But he could not mind those right now. All he could think of was the task at hand.

 

And tonight, Luhan is only sure of one thing…

 

Tonight’s going to be a long, long night.

 

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

 

“Unnie… p-please…”

 

“Help me, please… unnie”

 

“I wanted to die… Unnie, please…”

 

“Unnie, I…”

 

She shot her eyes open, cold tears streaming down her face. She leaned her back against the cold wall, pulling her legs closer to her, wrapping them securely with her petite arms.

 

The darkness was endless and the coldness of the place was deathly. Her bare feet were numb against the cold tiled floor and her body shivers from the lack of proper wardrobe. But those, those little matters do not matter for now.

 

Past flashed through her mind like a live flashback, like a movie was playing in front of her. And she hated it, oh she does. If there’s one thing she tried removing from herself was the guilt. She knew she was at o fault, but the responsibility as a sister was too devastating that she could not help but blame herself for something that had happened.

 

Jessica tried pushing the past away. No, she could not be weak. Not now; not later; not tomorrow. No, she cannot be weak, ever. But despite reminding herself that countless of times, the Sooyeon inside her is still there. Locked up in the depth of her being but nonetheless, still and will always be there.

 

Jessica sighed. Her own breath sending chills down her body. She closes her eyes to calm herself. Sooyeon is panicky, but Jessica is rational and methodical. She pushed aside her fear and the fears that were lingering on her, creeping on her entity to away her sanity.

 

Jessica’s eyes suddenly became cold and blank, all emotions voided in her face. She knew it was a façade, a fabricated mask she grew used to wear with or without anyone around. It was a lie, the strong her. That was a lie. A lie she grew used to put up every time.

 

Somehow, that mask was her only sense of sanctuary. The force of unknown strength she had within her. She needed it, like she always does.

 

She closed her eyes, inhaling a large amount of air.

 

Right now, she needed a plan, a strategy, and a theory. She needed to escape, alive and well.

 

Tonight… tonight will be a very long, long night.

 

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

He was awakened by the vibrating and ringing of his phone under his pillow. He shrugs it off, thinking it was a fragment from his unfinished dream. But the ringing continues, bombarding his good night sleep.

 

Lazily and quite annoyed, he fished out his phone underneath his head and groggily answered, “What the ?”

 

“She escaped” was the brief message from the other line.

 

He needed no more words to have his mind working properly. He clearly knew what the person on the other line meant.

 

Immediately, he jolted out of his bed and grabbed his car keys and a jacket, not minding if he’s still in his pajamas, hair messy as hell.

 

“How?” he breathlessly asked, closing the door to his room quietly.

 

He spares a glance towards the opposite door towards his right, contemplating whether to wake her up and share the exhilarating yet anxious news to her. He knew she would be delighted to hear something new about the woman. But now that things aren’t clear, he knows he should not. The woman would suffer severe mental breakdown if something unexpected happen. And that was the least he wanted.

 

Heaving a sigh, he opened the front door and went over to his car. Without further ado, he turns the engine into life and dashed into the dead night.

 

“Where was she?”

 

“Somewhere near the Hello Kitty café in Eoulmadang-ro, Hongdae. You heard of the café?”

 

“Yeah. I’m on my way” He ended the call. Both hands tightly holding the steering wheel as he stepped on the accelerator.

 

The highways were spacious with only few cars. He couldn’t be bother by the speed limit, not when it’s three o’clock in the morning.

 

Leeteuk’s last word before he ended the call rings on his head and the images of Yoona’s disheartened face flashes on his mind.

 

Save her… the damsel in distress needed to be saved.

 

 Save her… we need her.

 

With that in mind, Donghae doubles up his speed.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

Hot sweats run down his face albeit the cold breeze. He couldn’t turn back and run to his motorcycle. Damn, escape would be a lot easier with transportation. But he knew he can flee from this chase. He’s very nimble, very agile, and very swift. All he has to do is to lose his chaser and the hound shall end right then and there.

 

But the man behind him was very eager to have his head. Barging into that door was the worst mistake he has ever committed. Who would have thought that the bastard would be there? If he knew, he wouldn’t of course walk in to death.

 

But death seems friendly with him and fate seems on his side. For numerous occasions, death had let him slip off its hands and fate had always been there to rescue him. Thinking that this time it would be the same thing, a smirk had crept on his face.

 

Until twelve men block his way ahead and there’s no turning point.

 

Uh-oh… the point of no return.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

She walked cautiously around the same area for the umpteenth time. She could not leave the play or stray somewhere else. She had informed Leeteuk her whereabouts and knowing that a flock of the Jung family personal bodyguard is roaming around in Seoul looking for her, she could not wonder easily.

 

Her hand was empty. Her stomach was empty. Heck, even her pocket’s empty. She was only able to contact Leeteuk for a kind woman had agreed to her request to borrow her phone to contact someone. With Leeteuk’s private number memorized by heart, Jessica was able to inform him her whereabouts.

 

But she knows Leeteuk could not come to her, he could not rescue her. Leeteuk is (although completely free of charge) being watched by lower rank Privates and he knows it.

 

Jessica knew Leeteuk could not be seen anywhere near her, if not, they’re whole undercover would be put into vain.

 

Her only hope was Donghae.

 

While turning another right, through her peripheral vision, Jessica caught something her eyes shouldn’t. There was something going on in the other alley, the one opposite to her. Her entity was blending with the shadows the building is emitting. Only a sole street lamp was lit that she was able to notice it despite the lack of light.

 

Jessica knew she should not bother somebody’s business especially if she doesn’t have anything to do with it.

 

But Jessica is still a kind woman. Nagging herself that she’s the one delaying their time, Jessica crosses the street.

 

Without anything to protect herself and the victim, she darted over the ruckus.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

His hands were clasped together, trembling. He was still in his private office, spending the night inside the headquarter. His blood was boiling but his entire being was drenched with cold sweats.

 

She had escaped. Jessica had told him she had escaped. But she didn’t tell him how. He was astonished that she managed to flee out of the place by herself with nobody’s help. Leeteek knows that the Jung had doubled up, if not triple up, their security and the guards who were twenty-four seven guarding her.

 

But despite the news, Leeteuk knows that he cannot do anything for her as of now. For now, all they can do is to rely on Donghae, pray that he would find her before its too late.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

 

She clasped her hands together as she stare outside the window. It hadn’t been an hour since he left but panic rise up to her. She could not stay still. She could not even feel the exhaustion from standing too long.

 

She was never a light sleeper but somehow she could not find sleep tonight. Her eyes flung open as she heard the front door opens and then closed.

 

She knew it has something to do with Private Jung because as discreet as his actions are, Yoona can sense anxiety on Donghae. His aura lingers on the wall and it still does, all the more freaking the hell out of her.

 

Yoona can only pray for their safety. She can only hope that Donghae will return safely accompanied by Private Jung.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

 

He flinched in his position, cussing himself with the lack of weapons. Three guns were pointed at his direction – two on the front; one on his back.

 

Oh... How lovely his death would  be.

 

He smirks although he shouldn’t be. He knows his condition was pathetic. The situation itself was pathetic. But still he could try, he could try to stall time and find an escape route – which is pretty impossible with the high walls on his both sides.

 

Slowly, the men started walking towards him, guns still pointing. They did not lower their weapons which were pointed on his body – one on the head, one on the chest, and one on the foot.

 

1…

 

2…

 

3…

 

Ah… death has come at last…

 

 

 

 

Bang. One shot.

 

 

 

 

Bang. Two shot.

 

 

 

 

Bang. Three shot.

 

 

 

Bang. Four shot.

 

 

He opened his eyes and saw that the men who were holding guns were lying on the ground – cold and still. He immediately scanned the surrounding with his eyes, thank goodness for his very admirable eyesight, he could still see clearly even in the dark.

 

The remaining men started panicking, now that their aces were dead on the ground, drenched in their own pool of blood.

 

A bulky man had stepped forward, ready to lunge an attack on him when a hand stopped the bat he was holding from hitting his perfectly sculpted face.

 

“Leave or I’ll have you all dead by tonight” the voice was menacingly soft, but very hazardous indeed. His eyes widened for a brief moment that it was almost impossible to catch before it turned into slits as a smirk crept on the contour of his lips.

 

Bloody hell, it was a very long night indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


[A/N] Hello readers =) I am back with a new chapter. I hope this one makes it up for the lack of updates for nearly three months. I've been very busy with school these past months and now that school's over, I think I could find more time to update this story. But I won't promise anything for promise is a very big word. Also, this chapter was not edited. I'll just come back again when the chapter three is posted and re-edit it. You can also point out to me if there are some typos and liguilistically wrong. I will edit it for sure. And I hope this satisfies you. I know it's not the best chapter and it's far from being well-written but I am happy that despite the wait and the lack of English proficiency, you guys still hold on to this story and bear with me. I'll make sure to give my best with every chapter though I'm still lacking hundred-folds =))). So well, COMMENT. Please really do because that's the only thing that inspires me to write. Thinking that only a few are enjoying this story, I am quite discourage to continue. SUBSCRIBE. To everyone (if there's any) that is new here, if you like the story and the characters in it, do not hesitate to susbcribe. And, last but not the least, UPVOTE, that only if you think it's worth upvoting for =). 

PS: No, there's no special relationship between Yoona and Donghae. They're still acquaintanes who are in the process of getting friends like 'friends'. If you can see, Yoona is only attached to Jessica for some unknown reason. The bond between them are mere courtesy and kindness, nothing deep. I can say that in the meantime, none of them are reallt that close, yet. But we will get there and I won't spoil you. I just feel like I owe you guys this explanation to avoid future confusions =).

That's all and thanks for dropping by =)

- Love: honey (isthathoneykid)