Sixth Cup

Coffee Shop (Elusive Hearts)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixth Cup (of my heart)

For brave hearts ready to fall

For a restless heart that comes unannounced

And for two beating hearts that now beat as one

 

 

The clock in the wall read 4:15 am and Yonghwa still couldn't fall asleep. It was just a couple of hours after he had dropped Seohyun but somehow he couldn't get her off his mind. Maybe it was because he missed her already and the sound of her voice in his head kept him awake. He wanted to tell her who he is, what he does, what his dreams were, his fears, strengths, and weaknesses. The fact that he wanted to come clean was keeping him restless. 

He knew confessing that he liked her were far too early and he didn't want to scare her off at most but at the same time, he also didn't want to keep her in the dark any longer. 

A moment later, his phone buzzes with a message and he reluctantly opens it, knowing who it came from.

From: Manager Hyung

The schedule came for this month. After the concert this week, you guys are off to Japan for the next three weeks.

He groaned loudly after reading the message. Another busy month meant not prolonging the chance of meeting Seohyun again and telling her the truth.

Making up his mind after organizing his thought, he stood on his feet and set out early with three things in mind on his agenda that day. 

1. Go to the gym

2. Get one concert ticket from their manager

3. Tell Seo Juhyun who he is

 

 

Seohyun sighed inwardly as she stood behind one of the cashiers, looking at the long line that reached through the entrance doorway. She was familiar with busy mornings and the usual crowd in her coffee shop, but somehow although the clock in the wall read past 10 am, which is usually considered late for customers, it still seemed busier than ever. Not that she minded very much, of course. Although she was lacking sleep because of her unexpected rendezvous last night, thanks to a certain someone, she was still able to follow her usual routine, only this time she felt this tinge of lightness out of nowhere. 

Fifteen minutes later, the line finally shortened into just a few for the two cashiers and she felt like she could finally breathe with the crowd almost gone and the shop seem peaceful again. 

She turned to her side and motioned for Cho Kyuhyun, one of her employees, to start tidying up some empty tables as she took over the rest of the customer's order. Her focus remained intact on the computer screen until a familiar voice was disrupted and suddenly she was dumbfounded. Her gaze automatically moved only to find a man wearing a hooded jacket with half of his covered with a mask and a very familiar pair of brown eyes. 

For a few seconds, all she could do was stare at him until she saw one of his hands move to remove his mask, revealing a smile. 

Jung Yonghwa stood in front of her with his usual smile in broad daylight and she didn't know why her heart suddenly started to race that she felt deprived of air and it almost feel like she was about to break into a sweat just because of his mere presence. 

"Did I surprise you too much?" 

She wanted to laugh at his question, except she was still in shock that she found herself doing a small nod in response. 

He chuckled lightly. "I apologize for coming unannounced then."

You always come unannounced anyway, was what she wanted to say except again, she still felt enabled to speak to him, so instead she waited for him to announce his purpose for being there in the first place plus the strange cover up as if he didn't want to be recognized.

"Uh... if you're not busy, um... I was wondering if we could, um... talk?" He pauses for a second. "I have something to tell you. It's important... It's about the answer to your question last night..." 

Question? Last night? She briefly scans her memories and finds the right one. She suddenly remembers the familiar strong thug in her chest the night before when he asked her if she really wanted the answer now as if asking her if she was ready to know who he really is. The question brought both panic and excitement. 

Was she really ready to know now, especially when everything came unannounced and unexpected? 

Did she have any choice?

 

 

"Someone's in a daydreaming mood again," Tiffany sipped her favorite strawberry frappe and smiled at her brightly with an eye smile and all. It made her cringe a bit. Her friend's smile always meant something. "Is that your new favorite hobby now instead of your usual?"

"Do I seriously look like the type to scowl every single day of my life?"

Tiffany laughed, "Of course not, but you know, you always have that boring solemn expression that most find unapproachable. Just being honest, Seo. You hate sugary stuff don't you?"

She shrugged, "Great, so everyone finds me scary and unapproachable. What else am I missing?"

Tiffany grinned at her, "Oh, just that deep dreamy eyes and your unusual absent-minded self. You're too obvious, Seo."

Was she really? Dammit. She felt like an open book all of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter