Letting Go

Reminiscing You

I walk on the dark chocolate-brown wood platforms. It hasn't changed a bit over 10 years.The cherry blossom trees that she loved were still here, unharmed. Its flowers already bloomed fully. New bushes and plants covered old decaying ones.The pond was still the same serene,beautiful place I knew. I gazed out the pond, memories emerging.I don't know why I came here, I know it would only bring me pain. Now that the memories come back, my heart is beginning to sting.  Her exceptionally beautiful face, her harmonious laugh, and her angelic smile came flooding back to me. Sadness diffused inside of me like a crowd of people exiting through one door. I still love her, I just can't let her go. 

I remember the first time I came here, it was with her. We were best friends, being the youthful and curious selves we were, we came across this pond. I could still remember her reaction.

 

"Wu Fan look!! It's amazing!!" she said while her smile stretched across her face like a rubber band. I looked around the pond, amazed by its glory and beauty. She lightly tugged me towards the wood bridge, stopping at the end. She sat down on the edge and let her legs swing freely. I followed her movements and sat next to her. We talked all throughout the day until the shining sun disappeared and the silver moon replaced it.

Ever since that day, we would go to this lovely pond and just talk about our feelings,problems, and concerns. She was always the best at cheering me up when I was buried deep in sadness. High school came and receiving high grades was a  strict rule with my family. Due to studies, her and I would only visit the pond about once a week. Sometimes we would even sneak out in the middle of the night, just to see each other and talk. She was the only one who knew me well, inside and out. She knew when I lied,or when I'm not okay, she was the only person I truly trusted. It was unknown to me before that I was developing feelings for her. Until one day we met at the pond at about 2 in the morning. 

Tears stained her face and water was about to drip out of her brown eyes. I wasn't sure what happened but all I knew was I needed to comfort her. I gently hugged her, afraid to squeeze her too hard. I looked into her face illuminated by the moonlight. "Sshhh, stop crying. Remember I'm always here to catch you when you fall," I whispered into her ear. She calmed down but we didn't move from our position. A weird warm feeling came over me, it was almost like a blanket of warmth embraced me. I hugged her more than once, but this hug feels different, nothing like the friendly hugs we gave each other.

The next day I realized why I was feeling that way. Soon I couldn't look at her normally, or even speak to her the same way. I would stutter and stumble on my speech. I would blush furiously when her skin made contact with mine. At last,I confessed to her on a balmy day at the pond.

We were walking hand in hand across the bridge, her hand holding onto mine drove me insane. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to tell her, I had to get it off my chest. Converging all the courage I had, I slipped my hand out of hers, gaining her attention. "I'm sorry, this might ruin our friendship but it must be said. ~~~~~ I think I'm in love with you." With that I swiftly cupped her face and kissed her gently. I wasn't expecting her to give the kiss back, but she did. The feeling when I hugged her that night came back to me, but more stronger, it was inviting and addicting.When I pulled away, I looked in another direction so I couldn't see her face. 

Suddenly I felt warm hands turn my face, I was looking straight into her eyes. "I-I love you too, I was just too shy to tell you. I always wished that you felt the same way, now that it came true--" She pressed her lips on mine, overwhelming me. We passionately kissed for about 2 minutes before our lips met again. Her lips were just irresistible, it was like I couldn't get enough of it.

I always remembered that day because it was my first confession to a girl and also my first kiss. We became boyfriend and girlfriend and all the smushy stuff that comes along with it. We understood each other, it was like reading a book. I cherished her and spoiled her and she did the same to me.Years passed and my love for her expanded, I would miss her every second of the day. She was everything to me.

I walked hand in hand with her in the all too familiar place,the pond. I decided to propose to her today. I stopped walking at the middle of the bridge and just stared into her glistening eyes. They were gorgeous, I could just imagine a baby girl with identical brown eyes. I bent down on one knee, still looking into her eyes. I pulled out the ring box, opening it and presenting it to her. "My beloved,sweet,perfect,angel will you marry me?" She was paralyzed, too shocked to even breathe. Then as fast as light she hugged me and squealed 'yes'.

The wedding came after and it was held here at the pond. It was perfect, the day of the wedding doves were released and out of nowhere two swans popped up on the pond.They swam together, like they were a couple. On a faithful day my wife announced she was pregnant. I was elated with joy, we went to the doctors monthly to check up on the baby. To be exact a baby girl, like I wished. 9 months passed with glee and happiness, soon it was time for the baby to be born. 

I was holding onto her hand tightly, trying to motivate her. Her screams and shrieks were ear-piercing. At one more push, my baby girl was visible.Even though the baby was covered with red blood, I could see its pretty eyes, matching to her mother's eyes. I was still holding her hand, I looked at her exhausted face. Slowly her eyelids dropped down, her breathing wavered. I watched her closely, the only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat, the only thing I could see was her face. Her usually rosy cheeks became colorless, I couldn't feel her pulse anymore. Her body didn't expand or compress anymore, she wasn't breathing. I was becoming delusional, she was gone but I couldn't believe it. 

I was going mental, she was my everything.She was officially gone, her spirit flying up into heaven.I was too depressed and doubtful that I didn't know my baby died too. After about a week, where I was once again calm, the doctors told me my wife's heart had failed. My baby died because its lungs wouldn't function. I lost my wife and my new born baby. Here I am visiting the place that started it all, the pond. I didn't notice I had tears running down the sides of my face. Today was the death anniversary of my wife and baby. With me I have my wife's diary from high school. I scanned through the pages and stopped abruptly at the end.

My end is near, I can feel it. Kris, I want you to always be happy. Even if I do go, I'll always watch over you, protect you, and love you. I want you to walk confidently with your shoulders held high after I leave you. If I leave you, that doesn't mean I left you because I don't love you anymore. I left because I had to, it was my time to go. Take care of yourself Wu Fan, always remember I'm with you every step you take, every breath you take, every time you think of me. You know where you can find me, in your heart. I will always love you. I'll meet you in heaven, I'll wait for you. Goodbye Kris, remember this,always.

                                    Love, your wife,girlfriend,best friend

More tears streamed down my face, now I noticed. *I promise to remember this and do as what it says......for you* I walked home, rain starting to fall. *I will always love you too you*

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N thank you for reading,subscribing,or commenting!!! ^^ Please comment what you think of the story :) it may not be that sad because it's my first try with that topic :P so sorry if this story was boring. Also please check out My Angel,a Kai and you fic by Sunstar ^_^