The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 9

Most Important Person In The World

 

I left the church quickly. I had to get away from all of this mess. When I got outside, there were a lot of fangirls and fanboys. I covered my face because a lot of them had started taking pictures, and my face was probably caked with tears and ruined makeup. 

I went ran straight back to SM. No car. Just in my heels. I was holding my dress while I ran. I think WU YI FAN still had my veil, but I didn't care about that at the moment. I kept running. Runaway bride, I thought bitterly. Except that I wasn't. My wedding was no longer a wedding. A lot of people on the streets stared. 

Oh my gosh, is that KAREN?

Whoa, that's crazy.

I ignored everything. Blocked out all of their words. When I got to SM, I ran upstairs, tears still running down my face. I coughed and wiped the tears away. Then I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was still perfect, like it was taunting me. I didn't want to look perfect. 

I yelled loudly. "I HATE YOU, WU YI FAN!" A loud sob came out. "I hate you....." I gripped the sink tightly. When I looked in the mirror, the pretty bride stared back at me. I washed my face. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." I hated myself. I took a step back. That only made the mirror reflect more of me back. I screamed in anger and started messing up my hair. 

I felt crazy. I went back to my room and ped my dress. It was like it was haunting me. I threw it down, then got dressed in all black. It described my mood. I didn't want anyone to bother me. Tiffany, from Girls Generation poked her head in through the doorway. "Hmmm.....I thought you were supposed to be getting married at the moment?" She smiled at me. What was that smile?

"Please leave me alone."

She shrugged. "Whatever. I was just trying to help. You don't have to get all y at me." She got up and left.

I wasn't trying to be y. My wedding was ruined. I was sad. What else should I feel, happy? The tears started coming down again. I picked up my pillow and threw it at the door, even though Tiffany was already long gone. 

The manager came in. "What happened? I was going to have a photographer take pictures at the wedding. That would be a perfect modeling shoot."

I shrugged. At this point, I didn't even care about my modeling career at SM. The manager kept looking at me. "Well, I'm giving you a day off. Tomorrow, I better see you back at the shooting room." He left.

 

* * * * * 

 

HALLEY came in silently at night time, looking at me every once in a while. "Wow, that must have been hard, right?" she asked silently. She peeked at me.

I sighed. "I still don't get it. Why, of all people, did it have to be WU YI FAN?"

I kicked my blanket off my bed. "WHY?!"

She stayed silent. 

I was so angry, that I planned something. I knew I had to do something. Quick. I waited until HALLEY was asleep.

 

* * * * * (HALLEY's POV)

 

When I woke up, the room was almost vacant. KAREN's bed, empty. The closets were all open. Empty. What was going on? I looked around the room.

"Good morning," KAREN said. She came out the bathroom smiling at me.

"What the-

"I'm going back to New York. I don't belong here, don't you see?" She asked. He happy smile was now gone. Instead, her whole face had become sad, a really hurt look. "I should have known better. I mean how could I had been so stupid, thinking I could just go ahead and marry LAY like that? I lived here for two and an almost half years. I don't regret it, there were a lot of fun times. But I'm 20 now, I can make my own decisions. I'm going back to New York, to get away from this. I need to forget WU YI FAN. He was someone who mattered to me once, but I can't take it anymore. I lost my wedding with LAY, and I need to get away from all of this drama. Will you come with me? My flight leaves at nine." 

"What? NOW?! I'm not leaving. I finally get settled in with EXO. And now you want me to leave? Please. I think you're just stupid. You should stay. Besides, you think there won't be paparazzi in New York? I'm famous, I won't leave. I'm with SEHUN now."

She nodded. "I see. I understand. Then I won't be taking up much of your time. You have to model in thirty minutes. Goodbye."

I watched as she grabbed her suitcase and leave the room.

I looked around the room, now empty. Silent. Then I saw her wedding dress, the beautiful dress that she'd worn just the day before, in the trash. 

I didn't have such a good feeling, watching her leave the room like that. Something about that goodbye made it sound so final.

 

* * * * * (Still HALLEY POV)

 

7:30am. I started getting dressed in the short shorts they had just given me. Then I put the shorts down. "Excuse me for a moment," I say to the lady putting on my makeup. She gave me a weird look and then put the eyeliner pencil down.

Most of EXO was still sleeping when I got to their room. XIUMIN and CHEN were the only ones awake. Their practice time was 8:00am. LAY had his face down, in the pillow. I shook him. He didn't budge. "Wake up!" I yelled. He didn't move but a lot of members woke up. BAEKHYUN woke up. He yawned and stretched. CHANYEOL got up and rubbed his eyes. I didn't want to notice, but KRIS got up too.

"Hello? LAY, KAREN left for the airport thirty minutes ago! You're not going to wake up? Not even to see her leave?!" 

He got up. "What? She's leaving?" Then he lay back down and put his face in his pillow again. "Whatever. It's not like we're together anymore," came a muffled reply.

KRIS didn't look sleepy at all. "Where is she now?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

KRIS went into the bathroom, brushed his teeth, washed his face and went to get dressed. That seemed to get LAY annoyed. "You're not going to make her happy."

KRIS looked at him briefly. "I still love her." Then he turned and ran out of the room.

LAY got annoyed. "I love her too," he said silently, then he fell back on his bed. I saw tears sliding down his face. He took out a ring. The ring he was going to put on her finger right before KRIS objected. He looked at it and held it to closely to his chest. "Why did it have to turn out this way?" he whispered. He kissed the ring. "I love you."

I left the room, no longer able to take all the sadness.

 

WU YI FAN's POV -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I got to the airport at 8:50. Found her. 

"Do you know what you're doing to me?" he asked. He hugged her tightly.

She turned around. "Do you know what you did to me?! YI FAN, you have no idea! No idea how happy I was." She started crying. She pushed me. But I didn't let her go. I held on to her tighter.

The announcer announced that the flight was about to leave. 

"Let go of me! You stupid-

I kissed her. 

The announcer announcer that the flight was taking off.

But I continued to kiss her. A lot of people were watching, but to me, we were in our own little world.

She pushed me. Then she fell to the ground. "YI FAN.....!!!!! You ruined everything!!!!! Why do you have to make everything worse..." She hiccuped and cried harder. "You have no idea how unhappy you're making me..."  She hit the ground with her fist.

It hurt me so much to see her like that.

 

* * * * * (Still WU YI FAN POV)

 

I sat with her. We sat together silently. We watched her flight leave from the window. She wouldn't look at me.