Chapter 5

When Righteous Turns Foul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n - Okay, honestly, I thought I already updated this chapter x.x (Like how Beachee said!) But I am not exactly sure, so I will update chapter 6 tomorrow or the day after, because you all need at least a full day to enjoy this chapter xD So yeah, update 6 either tomorrow or the day after if I'm too tired tomorrow :) Enjoy this one! (again..? ㅠ Stupid AFF had trouble ㅡㅡ) Comments are loved ^^ I also posted a short one-shot here, feel free to read ㅋ it's a little weird though ;>

 

★«´¯`•.¸¸.°.¸¸.•´¯`»★
Chapter 5

Sungmin woke up early in the morning. Even though for today everyone in Osis was given a free day to prepare for the big party that started later in the afternoon, Sungmin was that used to getting up early, that even if he was allowed to sleep till late he just couldn’t.

And maybe he was just too worried about tonight that sleeping felt like such an unimportant thing to do.

Jongwoon is a target too. When Kyuhyun had said those words, it had struck Sungmin like a sudden unexpected bolt of lightning. He had always been okay with planning an attack on the King, because the King had done Ordova wrong; Sungmin could still remember how he and his family had to hide in different hideouts throughout his youth because Osis made another attack on his city.

But Jongwoon was different.

Sungmin had hung out with Jongwoon for 5 years now, and even though he might be lazy, and an occasional , he was not bad. And he had never done Ordova nor her people wrong. Cursing him as well would be unfair.

At least, that was what Sungmin had thought about when Kyuhyun had said those particular words and had dashed off and locked himself in his room. After a rather sleepless night, Sungmin had had enough time to think it over. If the King would get hurt, Jongwoon would be the new King. And if Jongwoon would be King, he would most likely continue the attacks on Ordova just like how Osis has always done ever since the emerging of the Red River. Jongwoon would be just as bad, and maybe it was indeed better to eliminate him as well before any of that would happen.

“Stay focused, Lee Sungmin,” Sungmin mumbled to himself, as he noticed how he started to hesitate again. “You are doing this for Ordova. It’s them, or us.”

To get his thoughts off of things, Sungmin made himself a nice breakfast. He made some extra for Kyuhyun to eat later on, but knowing Kyuhyun, he would still be in an extremely moody mood, and he wouldn’t have forgiven Sungmin yet for his lack of response. So the chances of Kyuhyun actually eating something that Sungmin had made were practically nil.

Being undercover sure was hard. They basically only had each other to rely on. And now that tensions were getting high, it would have been nice to have a few more of their people around.

A sudden creak from a door being opened made Sungmin look up from his breakfast. Kyuhyun slowly shuffled out of his room, and sat down at the table Sungmin was seated at as well.

Kyuhyun gave a small nod as he noticed Sungmin staring at him, bewildered, before he grabbed some of the breakfast Sungmin had made for him and started eating. Sungmin was extremely surprised, but in no way felt like complaining or making a big deal out of it, so he said nothing about it.

“You are dressed nicely, going somewhere?” Kyuhyun asked nearly thirty minutes later, after both of them finished every single bit of the breakfast that could have easily filled the stomachs of four people instead of just two.

Even though Sungmin didn’t feel like ruining the friendship-moment between the two of them, not answering wouldn’t solve anything either. “Ryeowook is picking me up at 8 for a morning walk.”

“Ah.”

“You can join if you want,” Sungmin offered, feeling the air between the two of them thickening by the second.

“Nah, I don’t want to ruin the romantic date,” Kyuhyun replied, sarcasm dripping all over his sentence, “You might want to clean up the mess before he comes, though. It’s his first time coming to our house, isn’t it? You know, for good first impression’s sake.”

Kyuhyun looked aside into the living room at a particular part of the floor, and Sungmin slowly followed Kyuhyun’s line of sight. On the floor were the pieces of a vase he himself had gently broken last night when Kyuhyun had failed to do so. The view of it made Sungmin remember all of his worries, and his stomach instantly produced an overflow of acids; he made an ugly face as the taste of those acids wasn’t too good.

Kyuhyun then stood up, placed a few plates in the kitchen sink before returning to his room, ready to sulk a few more hours in his bed before getting ready for the party.

Sungmin hastily placed the remaining few plates and cups in the sink and cleaned up the vase’s shards when a knock on the door was heard and he ran towards it. Ryeowook’s smiling face greeted Sungmin as soon as he had opened the door, and Sungmin placed a small kiss on Ryeowook’s lips as his hello.

“KYUHYUN! I’LL BE BACK SOON!” He yelled behind him, knowing that Kyuhyun probably didn’t give a when he would be back at the moment, but Ryeowook didn’t know about the fight and so they had to seem as if they were still on perfect terms.

Ryeowook playfully covered his ears as Sungmin yelled towards Kyuhyun, and released them as soon as Sungmin was done. “Has Kyuhyun turned deaf overnight?”

“He always has been a little deaf, have you not noticed?” Sungmin replied cheekily, and Ryeowook smiled at how Sungmin playfully went along with his joke.

“So, where do you want to go?”

“We could go to the plaza and see how the decorations turned out, or Brarnur fields, or …”

“Or the ponds?” Ryeowook hopefully added. The ponds of Atlaia were the place to go for couples, and as Sungmin was Ryeowook’s first real relationship, he had really looked forward to taking Sungmin there.

“Oh, sure. But then I have to tell Kyuhyun that we are taking a little longer than planned,” Sungmin replied thoughtfully, and he tried to turn around to walk back to his cottage, but Ryeowook stopped him.

“I’m sure Kyuhyun can go without you for a while, I bet he already fell back asleep,” Ryeowook mentioned, seemingly insulted that Sungmin seemed to be more interested in keeping Kyuhyun happy than Ryeowook himself. Seeing the look on Ryeowook’s face made Sungmin agree and he continued his walk towards the eastern gate which led to the ponds. Ryeowook had to feel special to make the relationship seem real, after all.

  ★«´¯`•.¸¸.°.¸¸.•´¯`»★  

“Hyung,” Donghae groaned, as Hyukjae kissed Donghae passionately while he stood rather uncomfortably pushed up against a tree which had an uneven and painful bark. Hyukjae mistook the groan for something positive, though, and he took the opportunity to stick his tongue even further down Donghae’s throat.

Donghae’s painful back instantly stopped hurting.

A sudden Atlaia butterfly circling around the two of them caught Donghae’s attention and he roughly pushed Hyukjae away. Hyukjae looked at Donghae with a pained expression, and Donghae smiled apologetically before pointing at the butterfly still circling around them and the tree.

It is said that the butterflies of Atlaia are capable of sensing true love. If a butterfly circles around two people, these two are meant to be. That is why many marriages are done at the ponds of Atlaia. It is also why many marriages get blown off at the ponds of Atlaia, as the butterflies don’t just fly around people every time true love walks in on them. It is a rare happening. People can still be meant together, even if no butterfly flies around you, but people often forget about that.

The pink butterfly circling around them slowly flew towards Donghae’s extended finger and sat down on the tip. Donghae smiled even wider and was too scared to even breath because the butterfly might fly away again. Hyukjae smiled lovingly at Donghae, not saying a thing either because he didn’t want to ruin Donghae’s special moment with the butterfly.

Sudden loud laughter, however, startled the pink beauty and she hurriedly flew away.

“Aww, I guess people finally found out that this is a perfect place to date too, other than only for marriages,” Donghae sulked, and Hyukjae wisely said nothing as this was already a known place for dates. People just don’t all date at the exact same date and time.

They tried to look through some bushes towards the path to see who had come to join them, and saw none other than Sungmin and Ryeowook brisk walking their way as if they wanted to reach the ponds in a rush, because it might be gone when they would arrive a mere minute later.

“HA! I win!” Ryeowook exclaimed, as he reached a certain tree befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter