Chapter 4

When Righteous Turns Foul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - I still don't really get how to use AFF ㅋ I am used to LJ so I can reply to every single comment I get.. I don't know how to do that on here xP But honestly, all the comments are really highly appreciated and they make me happy ALL the time! :D Thank you so much again for reading and/or subscribing <3 You people make me go strong on this story. So here is chapter 4 for all my readers and subscribers, enjoy you guys! .. girls! <3

  ★«´¯`•.¸¸.°.¸¸.•´¯`»★

Chapter 4


“I can’t believe they are making us help you with decorating, on our free evening after working an entire day, only because you can’t do it by yourself,” Hyukjae mocked, as he grabbed a few of the decorating garlands and started attaching them to the front side of the stage. He had to admit, he had some fine decorating skills.

“He can do it himself perfectly fine, he is just too lazy to do so,” Donghae mockingly added, also not liking it one bit that after being loaded with work for the entire day, he still had to help Jongwoon with his tasks; he attached great importance to his free evenings. He turned to grab a large basket filled with colorful flowers and walked towards the side of the plaza to place it there.

“At least you guys had some fun this morning during your dragonbird-riderlessons, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and I had to actually work the entire day,” Sungmin complainingly threw the extra mile, grabbing another basket filled with flowers and leaving to put that on the exact spot on the opposite side of Donghae’s soon-to-be-placed basket.

“All you do is feed prisoners and make sure they are still in their cells, I, on the other hand, have to actually do hard work,” Kyuhyun mentioned, gesturing to his hand which he had managed to burn earlier that afternoon. After Sungmin had told Kyuhyun about his fake relationship with Ryeowook, and had allowed Kyuhyun to confess to Jongwoon, he had been a little absentminded and wasn’t paying attention to his hand when he pushed his nearly finished axe into the fire for the final time.

“Why are you showing us your burnt hand? That is not hard work, that is idiocy,” Sungmin retorted, earning a small chuckle from Ryeowook and Hyukjae who were standing near enough to hear it.

“Not to ruin your interesting discussion, but I am working on my free evening too, you know. I am a victim too!” Jongwoon managed to say before Kyuhyun could retort a witty answer back to Sungmin.

“Free evening? You did nothing the entire day!” Sungmin replied astonished.

“It’s still my free evening,” Jongwoon mocked, as he managed to tie a banner up and climbed down the stairs. That was enough work for today; climbing up a ladder was so much work.

“Now that we are all gathered here anyway, Sungmin and I want to tell you guys something,” Ryeowook said, loud enough so that even Donghae, who was still on the other side of the plaza, could hear him. Donghae hastily placed the basket he was still holding on the right spot and returned back to his friends.

They all made themselves comfortable on the side of the stage, and all eyes stared at Ryeowook and Sungmin expectantly. Kyuhyun tried hard to fake being curious, and he was doing a pretty good job if he could say so himself.

“We’re together!” Sungmin said straight to the point, and Hyukjae and Donghae instantly applauded loudly. Ryeowook obsessively turned to stare at his feet, while Jongwoon and Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook and Sungmin respectively. Jongwoon with utter surprise, Kyuhyun with utter worry but a fake surprised face.

“I’m so happy for you guys!” Donghae said enthusiastically, as he stood up and walked to Ryeowook and Sungmin to back-hug them simultaneously. Hyukjae joined in within a millisecond and soon the four of them were swaying on the stage like some village lunatics.

“Are you guys not happy for them?” Hyukjae asked worryingly, as he noticed that both Kyuhyun and Jongwoon weren’t half as cheerful and compassionate as they were and hadn’t even moved an inch since the announcement.

Sungmin warningly glared at Kyuhyun for a short second, making sure only Kyuhyun saw it and no one else, and Kyuhyun knew that he was acting too suspicious for now, and that he had to be “happy” for his two friends.

“I am, I was just surprised,” Kyuhyun lied with ease, and he stood up to join in on the hug. After a short hug with all 5 of them, they turned to Jongwoon, who was still blankly sitting on the side of the stage, staring at Ryeowook, who was still very interested with his own feet.

Everyone other than Ryeowook looked at Jongwoon in anticipation, eyebrows raised and with a smile that hid their worry only partly on their faces, and Jongwoon stood up slowly.

“So there’ll be two couples showing their affection for each other in front of me now?” he asked, and he saw how everyone’s worry disappeared. This was Jongwoon’s way of saying that he was happy for them.

“You know you love it, hyung,” Sungmin replied cheekily, before cupping Ryeowook’s face, making him look up, and kissing him on a way he had seen Hyukjae do to Donghae before. Hyukjae and Donghae did the exact same thing, and Jongwoon disgustedly averted his gaze. Kyuhyun felt rather out of place as well, and went to stand next to Jongwoon, staring at anything but his 4 other friends.

After making sure the whole gross display of affection had been finished, Jongwoon walked forward, grabbed Sungmin by his sleeve and pulled him away from the others.

“If you ever hurt Ryeowook, I will make sure it will be the last thing you remember and regret before you die,” Jongwoon said in a low threatening voice as soon as he and Sungmin were far away enough from the others.

Sungmin smiled contentedly in reply and patted Jongwoon on his shoulder. “Hyung, I will never hurt Ryeowook.”

Lie. 

“I love him.”

Lie.

“Trust me. You should threaten him instead, actually. There is a bigger chance that he will end up hurting me, than the other way around.”

Lie. 

Three lies in a row. Sungmin was proud of himself. Jongwoon seemed to be convinced though, because he patted Sungmin on his shoulder in return and led him back towards the others.

Ryeowook curiously looked at the two of them, and both of them smiled in reply to let Ryeowook know that there was nothing to worry about.

They then all decided that work had been done for today and left towards their usual favorite bar; ready to hang out till the late midnight hours, even though they all had to work again early in the morning, except for Jongwoon.

  ★«´¯`•.¸¸.°.¸¸.•´¯`»★


It was one more day for the 1000th celebration party where Sungmin and Kyuhyun were to make their move. The king would give a speech on the stage in the end, and it would be the right moment to strike. The whole town would be standing on the plaza, so everyone could see the whole thing happening.

That was their plan. If everyone saw the king’s suffering, they would lose control of themselves and Osis would end up in a vulnerable and scared state. That’s called tactics.

Kyuhyun was still battling with himself on how on earth he was going to do all of this. He honestly didn’t want to betray his friends, nor hurt Jongwoon’s father, but he didn’t want to let down his own parents and people back in Ordova.

‘Kyuhyun, have you had contact with your f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter