003

Hidden Feelings

 

“Baekhee-ah… Please?” Jua whined, her hands balled up into fists and she puts them near her face, doing her aegyo. I rolled my eyes and tsk-ed, at her. “Aish. C’mon. I’d wait for you if you were me.” Sighing, I grabbed my bag, sling it on one shoulder and stood up, suprising Jua who have been leaning against me the whole time.

“Kaja.” I said, pretending to be squinting my eyes at the school’s field. Jua, delighted by my agreement to wait for her until her book report presentation is done, grabbed my hand and start dragging me off to the study hall. I felt myself smiling at her antics. Jua’s cute, bubbly and funny, its no wonder boys are usually attracted to her. We stopped in front of the study hall and she told me to wait outside quietly and that it would only take half an hour.

“Yah. Cha Baek Hee.” I turned to the sound of my name mentioned and waved at Chungji and Rinae. “Are you here to do your presentation?” It was Rinae who asked.

“Nah. I did mine already. I’m just here waiting for Jua.” I said a matter-of-factly. I glanced at them and at the stack of files in their hands. “Where are you guys going with all those stuff?” I asked, pointing out to what I meant.

“Ah. We’re helping Mrs Jung to rearrange the shelves in the library and we’re just delivering these to the filing room.”

“I see. Well, you’d better get going. I don’t want to delay you from your charity work.” I waved them off towards the filing room.

“Arasso. See you later.” Rinae smiled and walked away, stopping to adjust the stack of files in her arms.

“Bye Baekhee.” Chungji, being the little kid she is, skipped off, wanting to be ahead of Rinae. I could hear Rinae shouting at Chungji from a distance as they got further away. I glanced at my watch. Twenty-five more minutes till Jua’s presentation is over. Not knowing what to do, I glanced down on the ground and noticed one of my shoelaces came undone and crouched low to tie it.

Just as I was putting one loop into the hole, I felt someone tripping over me and water splashed on my head. Shocked, I wiped my face of the water and stood up, straightening my stance.

“Yah. Watch where you’re going!” I shouted furiously, and swept at my uniform’s sleeve of the parts that got soaked. And to think that I was the clumsy one. The other person’s hands were hesitating near my shirt, not knowing whether to help me dry them or what. I waved the person’s hands away and continued adjusting my uniform, frustration building inside me. I finally looked at the person and it was Kai.

He was biting his lower lip, the bottle of water he was holding was still opened and left with one eighth of water in the bottle. At that moment, I didn’t care if he has a pretty face or not, I gave him a look that was meant to be a glare and that was expecting an apology. I could hear his breath hitched at his throat and managed out a murmur.

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes. “Its okay. Accidents happen,” I said simply and left him standing there as I went to the gym to change my shirt to the extra that I had in the gym locker. Taking off the wet shirt, I grabbed the dry one and opened the buttons when I heard a loud gasp from behind. Instincts, I used the wet shirt to cover my body and glared at the intruder. It was yet, again, Kai. “What do you want?” I hissed through clenched teeth.

“Y-You dropped your purse..” His right arm covered his eyes and he was holding out my purse in the other. Cautiously, I reached towards it and snatched it from his hold. “I’m sorry..” He paused. “Again.” Flustered, he ran out through the doors. I wore the shirt quickly, who knows who else might come barging in? I tossed my purse into my bag and folded my wet shirt, putting it into my bag nicely. I walked out and continued on back to the study hall. I glanced at my watch again; 5 more minutes. I sighed in relief seeing how I won’t have to wait long.

Bored, I sat on the floor cross-legged, and took out my phone.

                To : Muhwa

                From : Baekhee

                                Could you make me ramen? PLEASE? I’m hungry.. TT

 

I pressed send and toyed with my phone, waiting for her reply. After a while, my phone beeped.

                To : Baekhee

                From : Muhwa

                                OK! Your cousin’s here. He says he wants to take you out to the theme park later.

 

My heart skipped in excitement upon hearing that Chanyeol is there. I felt a broad smile appear on my face and I jumped up as the doors to the study hall opened. Jua came running out and into my arms, hugging me tightly.

“You’re still here!” She squealed excitedly.

“Of course I’m still here. What were you thinking?”

“Ah..never mind. Hey, why did you change your shirt? And your hair is all wet.” She stated, tugging at the bottom of my shirt as we walk away from the study hall towards the main entrance. How the heck did she know that?

“Some guy tripped over me when I was tying my shoelaces, spilling some water on me.” I explained, thinking about Jaerin’s brother. Now that I thought about it, I don’t seem to remember his face anymore.

“Ooh. Is he cute though?” Jua stared at me wide-eyed in anticipation.

“Yeah, I guess he is. If I’m not mistaken, I think it was Jaerin’s brother.” I informed here. fell open and her cheeks had a hint of pink on them.

“Kai? Omo. He is the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen in these 16 years of my life. You’re so lucky.”

“How. How am I lucky? I got dumped with water.” I stared at her in disbelief. “I didn’t know that Jaerin had a brother until I bumped into them yesterday at the bookstore.”

“Omo. Cha Baek Hee. You are one lucky girl.” Jua sniffed and pretended to be crying tears of joy.

“What?” I was utterly confused. We had continue walking until we reached the school’s front steps and I came to a halt there and stared at Jua.

“Most girls here are dying to get their hands on Kai. Yeah sure, Kai is super friendly and getting it good with Jaerin help win some pointers too. Getting on the good side of Kai and stuff. Oh well, maybe you’re not one of those girls..anyway, my mom’s here. Bye!” Jua ran towards a silver car, and as it drove away, gave a loud honk. I waved and started my walk home.

                “You are one lucky girl.”

                                “Maybe you’re not one of those girls.”

Jua’s words replayed in my head as I walked home. I thought about it and decided not to get too interested in guys just because…Just because. Sure, I dreamt of having a boyfriend. But I’m not those type to get so lovey-dovey in public. My ideal guy would be the one who would treated me both as a best friend and a lover. Something like my cousin, Chanyeol. Too bad he’s my cousin though. I would probably have feelings for him right from the start. But then again, I doubt I could even developed feelings for anybody just yet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY! Another update~

So now we know a little bit of Baekhee's personality.

What do you think might happen?

OH AND CHANYEOL'S APPEARANCE. LMAO.

Are you Chanyeol lovers happy?

6 SUBSCRIBERS AND 141 VIEWS!

I know it isn't much but still.

KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!

Anyway, so far I got only one comment. 

COMMENT MORE PLEASE!!

oh and to subscribe too~^^

- heartofseoul

 

namputz : thanks for subscring~^^ and you're the first to comment!! //sniffs// saranghae~