Chapter 2 - 운명의호출 - It Called Destiny

운명의호출 - It Called Destiny

“Sorry, sir. I’ve made you driving uncomfortably,” said that boy as the taxi that he rode stopped in front of his apartment.

“Never mind, boy. I’ve got used to this kind of situation, taking the people who smell like a hell from their own vomit, even there were some of them who vomited inside this car. Somewhat troublesome, but yeah I can’t do anything since it’s my job.”

“Ah, experienced enough. Then this is the fare,” that guy shoved a few thousand won just as much as the number that showed on the indicator and then went out of the car subsequently opened  the back door and pulled Jiyoung’s body. After closing the door, he carried Jiyoung on his back. “Thank you, sir!” he said just right before the car roared off to find other customers.

“Ya, Shin Dongho. Look, what you bring!” said one of the residents of the second floor apartment. His head came out from behind the window.

“A girl of course, Saehyun.” Dongho—that boy’s name— mumbled softly as he entered the five level apartment. His room was on the third floor, so it could say that he was ill-fated too. That girl was heavy enough, anyway. Went up all the way to the third floor while carried the girl was like an extra exercise.

Saehyun, who just greeted Dongho from behind the window, opened his bedroom door and found Dongho was in the middle of his way going up throughthe stairs toward the second floor.

"Who is she?"

"I don’t know, she was at the station. Drunk and almost died on the spot if I didn’t pull her from the edge of the railway line. "

“Really?”

Dongho gave a sharp glance toward Saehyun. "You can decide now whether it’s a serious thing or not."

"Ya ... you can get scolded by Wonhee if she finds out that you bring a girl into your house. "

Dongho stop at the first stairs to the third floor. He looked backward, toward Saehyun who only wore a singlet and a white colored boxer just like the color of his singlet. There were stares of anger, sad and telling Saehyun to just keep his mouth closed.

"Ah, I understand ..." said Saehyun when he saw the meaningful gaze and let Dongho went back to his room, felt a little bit uneasy himself.

Dongho put the still unconscious Jiyoung beside the door of his house; he put her there because he had to find the key of that door. His apartment was a cheap one, so don’t ever expect that you’ll see a door that has a password sensor or whatever it is.

After the door opened, he carried the girl, "Haiyo .. ah the smell .." while wrinkling his nose, the reek of vomiting earlier still attached on Jiyoung’s collar also around her lips. Everywhere, including on Dongho’s jacket.  Then he walked toward the bathroom. In the midst of his simple room apartment (there were only two rooms with a partition between the kitchen and the bedroom and one bathroom), he had a bathtub. Maybe his bathroom was the only place on his room that was pretty elite.

And he put the girl in the bathtub because it wasn’t possible to put her on his bed, right? It would troublesome because maybe later he had to clean the mattress and the other things. Acting like he had knew that girl he tried to take off her purple velvet colored high heels; it would be funny if he let the girl slept in the bathtub with her high heels, right? Moreover, there was no other choice. He only took off her shoes, what else should he open huh? Don’t make a negative speculation; Dongho is a good man after all.

After removing her shoes, he straightened his body up, started to feel stiff and ... his body still smell like the vomit. Ewh. But he couldn’t bathe here, right? What if the girl suddenly woke up and found him . Er ...

Disaster.

So, armed with towel and the other bath appliances and some clothes he headed downstairs to Saehyun’s room and took a shower there, leaving the woman who was snoring softly there in his bathroom.

Dongho knocked on the apartment door three times Saehyun. He didn’t want to wake the neighbors with pounding the door, it was half twelve o’clock for God’s sake and Saehyun was a kind of person who slept like a dead person.

There was no response; he knocked again for three times.

"Who’s there knocking in the midnight-Oh, Dongho. What's wrong?” asked Saehyun while surprised to see a towel slung over his shoulder.

"I want to take a shower."

"Eih, what’s wrong with your bathroom?"

"Can I go inside first? I can’t stand the smell. "

Saehyun winced smelling his armpits, "I’m not smelly."

"Is your nose broken or what huh? I’m the one that smelly. Tsk, even at a less than one meter  distance you can’t smell the vomit."

"You threw up?!"

Duh. Saehyun was really a stupid boy; he admitted it on his own. Dongho acquainted with him when he first moved into this apartment after deciding to work in Seoul when he graduated from high school to help his parents. Saehyun was somewhat like him, graduated from high school but with the lowest score.

Not me, stupid!" Dongho hit Saehyun’s head with his toothbrush, "Move." Dongho carved a way throughwhile Saehyun closed the door when Dongho was in the middle of removing his sandals into Saehyun’s bathroom.

“So, it was the women that you brought?”

"Who else."

"Then where is she now?"

"Of course in my room," Dongho took off his jacket and his shirt, threw it on the corner of the bathroom, "precisely in my bathtub."

"WOWOWOWO!" Saehyun’s shouts made Dongho turned as he took off his belt.

"Ya, don’t you dare to think about something else," Dongho squinted sharply at him, "I just let her sleeping there. I don’t want my bed to be smelly." After take off all his clothes and wearing only boxer, he went to the bathroom, and then closed the door.

"Then what will you do to her later when she’s awake?"

"What is she, a toy?" Dongho screamed a little because of the water from the shower pretty shut his voice.

"I mean, you don’t even know her name, where she lives, or anything else?"

"No." The short answer made Saehyun decided to stop asking and at that times it made Dongho thought: That was true, Dongho should had try to find out who she was, she carried the small bag after all that could be opened by him to search the information about the girl, then brought her back directly to her home rather than put her in the bath tub on his bathroom.

But the brief meeting that only lasted for about fourty-five minutes(counted all the time that they used to travel by the train and taxi as well) made Dongho had no time to think about it. After all, the girl was just like a dead person all the time.

Fifteen minutes or less after Dongho finished cleaning himself, wore his clothes and opened the bathroom door he decided to go back to his room. Returning his smelly clothes and put it on his own bathroom, leaving Saehyun who already fell asleep and didn’t even bother to wake him up. He knew that Saehyun should go early in the morning to his office for working. Yeah, although it was only a small job.

Back to his room, he made time to see the girl-who was curling up, sleeping with a bag on her head. It was pretty funny, because she still could turn her bag into a pillow and curled up so comfortably in the small bathtub. And by the way if the bag was used as a pillow, Dongho couldn’t try to find the information about her.

"Geez, whatever.” Dongho closed the bathroom door and decided to sleep. He had to arrive at the café early in the morning tomorrow and set everything up. There was no time to take care of the girl.

And he himself did not realize that he had forgotten this afternoon incident, when Wonhee asked them to break up. Forgetting his hurt, just because of this incident and fell asleep soundly.