Chapter 3 - 운명의호출 - It Called Destiny

운명의호출 - It Called Destiny

"Urrgh," Dongho moaned softly when he was awakened by the ringing sound of the alarm from his cellphone. It was at 5:30 in the morning, but it seemed that the sun had shown its gleam. That was may be because it was summer at that time. Dongho stretched his hand out and did some light stretching on his bed before he actually got up and washed his face and then went to work.

How’s that woman?

He rose up from his bed, opened the bathroom door and with full astonishment he saw the woman was still sleeping soundly, with the opposite position from the last time he saw her last night before fell asleep. Not interested in waking her up because he had to leave at six o’clock, he hurriedly brushed his teeth and washed his face in the sink and then changed his clothes.

He went backto check the bathroom and realized that the unpleasant smell had already spun aroundon the entire bathroom. Wiggling his hand, he opened wide the bathroom door, then opened his room window, tying the curtain so that the air could freely enter and replace the bad smell in this room. Then he opened the drawer where he put his medicine supplies and fortunately he still had the stock of the hangover medicine. Put it at the dinner table and set aside a clean glass and a pitcher of water. Then he left that girl, and hoped that when she woke up she would take the medicine.

"Ouch!" Jiyoung groaned when her foot accidentally kicked the outskirts of the hard bathtub. She grimaced in pain, and it made her came to her sense and then woke up. At first she wasn’t aware that she slept in the bathtub, even her eyes was still sticking to each other, her both eyebrows meshed indicating the pain and her resentment because she had to get up on the situation where her head was spinning so fast and the urge for vomiting. And especially: the bad smell.

Her long and curled up hair wasn’t unvarying anymore, popping up to the front and sideways, and she still did not want to bother to straighten it up. Slowly her eyes opened.

Blurry. 

But dazzling.

Where’s this?
  
She rubbed her both eyes in order to work perfectly. Once—twice and then she looked around again.

She was in a bathtub.

Jolted,she realized that she was in the bathtub with the still full but messy clothes and there was a dirty spot in the front part of her blouse. Her hand quickly touched her face and then her hair, er ... messy. Then she stood up. Still questioning where she was.

A bathroom that was...uhm ... a hundred times worse than her own bathroom (she grimaced) with light cream-colored paint and white tiles around the walls. Then she the sink and wondered if she should wash her face first or not.

And she decided not to.

A box placed above the sink, it seemed like a place to store the toiletries. She opened the box and she saw a cup, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and shampoo also the other items that she didn’t know. Behind its door there was a mirror, Jiyoung immediately checked on her face and hair with that mirror.

"Ewh, I look like a mess." And she closed the door. Not interested, she tried to get out of the bathroom and checked the other room. As soon as she came out of the bathroom she found a bed and a cupboard, maybe a closet, beside the bed. Then there were the dull-brown colored cabinets, colored with the same color as the cheap wallpaper in that room. A short round table located between the bed and thetv shelf. Some books decorated the tv shelf. There next to it, there was a shelf again, for God’s sake how many racks that Jiyoung had seen already.

She approached the last rack before the partition that separated the room with another one. Three picture frames were located there; one of it was the man that she met yesterday at the station.

Station.
 
Station.
 
Oh my gosh!

Jiyoung grabbed that frame as fast as a lightning, trying to remember again the person that she had met with the image printed on the photo in that frame. Ah, right! It was the same person, was it possible that... 

...this was hishouse?

And Jiyoung remembered again that she had thrown up on that boy right in his jacket and threw up on her own clothes, and since then she didn’t remember anything. Realized that she threw up on her own clothes, she re-checked the dirty spot on her blouse. And spontaneously smelled the stain and ended up feeling like vomiting. She should take a bath. But that time, her spreading thirst made her forget that she had to take a bath.

She went over behind the partition, and of course as expected she found a kitchen. Glance at the dinner table she found an empty pitcher and glass—and the medicine. She took the medicine and read the words written on it.

"Hangover medicine?" Jiyoung wrinkled her eyebrows. Not because she didn’t understand the writing-she grew up in Canada, anyway. She knew that was the medicine that you should take after you woke up from the drunken condition. Jiyoung never took that medicine for all her time in Korea or in Canada. She moved to Korea after she got the permission to drink alcohol and yesterday was her first drunk after twenty-four years of her life. Nah, she never took any medicine like that. But after some time of thinking, she better tried it; because she felt that this boy who had helped was just trying to help her feel better after drank it. Mean completely woke up and to not get sick. Probably.

Jiyoung drank it out along with half of the content of the pitcher that was available earlier. She was really thirsty. She wiped the tip of water that was dripping from her lips, after that ... she didn’t know what to do, and she remembered that her purse was still in the bathroom.

Trotted away to the bathroom, she took her purse and opened her cell phone.
 

20 missed calls.

Omma. 

Omma.

 

Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. Omma. And all the missed calls were from her mother. None of it was from her father, and it wasn’t important. Her father was a busy man and she never cared whether her father worried or not.

Well, not because their relationship wasn’t good. It was just that she and her father were both not that type who liked to worried over something excessively.

Jiyoung pressed the message button and sent a message to his mother: 'I'm sorry, mama. I'm fine, don’t worry okay. 20 missed calls? I'm not a kid anymore. "

And...sent.

Well, then what to do? Ah yes, bathing. But, she didn’t bring any clothes ... uh then what to wear? Her clothes were really smelly. Jiyoung racked her brain and her eyes stopped on the wardrobe over there.

Aha.

===

 

 

 

"I’m going home," said Dongho while slung his bag over his shoulder, said goodbye to his friend who would take over his shift. Currently it was pass twelve o’clock; few hours had passed since he left that girl alone at his home. He wondered if that girl really wouldn’t wake up.

But just imagined it himself, made it look scary. Then his cell phone rang, he answered the call.

"YA! SHIN DONGHO YOU BETTER GO HOME QUICKLY! "Saehyun shouted from the other side of the phone.

"W-what happened?" Dongho asked panicly.

"Ah, don’t keep asking questions, go home now. It’s disaster! "Saehyun shouted and then ended the call before Dongho could ask for more explanation. Out of curiosity he quickly went home.

================

 

Author's note:

if you like this story, please hit the subscribe button ^^

and it'll be nice if you all kindly leave some comments, even if it's a criticize it's okay ^^

thank you ^^