Chapter 2

Be A Man

 

I entered the school and made my way to the office. I saw boys at their lockers and such. The atmosphere was so different from Seoul High. I sighed and opened the door.

I cleared my throat and tried to make my voice as low as possible.

“Excuse me. I'm a new student here. Can I have my schedule?”

“Your name?” The secretary asked.

“Park ___--I mean Park Jason.” [a/n totally in love with 'Dream High' right now. Jason/Wooyoung is <333]

She handed me the paper and I made my way to the dorm building.

 

“Dorm Building B...Room number one...” I read.

I walked back outside and looked for the room buildings. I saw 3 big, identical buildings. They were about 5 stories high. I walked up to the one in the middle and read the sign. 'Dorm B'

I walked in and I saw a tiny office, and nurse's office.

“Are you the newstudent?” A guy asked me.

“Yeah.”

“You're in room one. I'm Hyungshik, you're dorm adviser.” [a/n sorry...couldn't help myself. :D]

We shook hands. “Wow...you have soft hands...” he told me.

“Uh..thanks?” I realized my voice became higher and I quickly changed into a deeper voice. “Thanks.” I repeated.

He nodded and pointed down the hall to where the staircase was.

“Take the staircase there and your room should be the first one on the right. This story is where my office, nurse's office and storage room is with all the furniture and things. So if you break a lamp or something, there's more here. I'm pretty sure there should be a bed and stuff ready for you in your room already. If not, then let me know. If you have any questions, just contact me.” he said.

I nodded, and he gestured me to follow him.

I struggled with my bags while going up the stairs.

A hand helped me. It was Hyungshik.

“You know...for a guy, you're pretty weak.” he told me while carrying my bag.

I glared at the back of his head.

 

Once we arrived at the room he knocked on the door. The door opened and a tall guy answered it.

“This is your new roommate.” Hyungshik said.

The tall boy eyed me up and down before nodding and opening the door more to let me in. Yah...what are you looking at? I said in my mind.

“This is Sungyeol. He's one of your dorm buddies.”

Hyungshik placed the bag down inside the dorm and left.

“Thank you.” I said, hoping he heard.

 

The door closed and I turned around awkwardly to meet with 7 boys.

Two were lounging on the couch, one was leaning on the door frame of his room, one was eating a bag of chips, two were throwing a football back and forth and Sungyeol was standing with his arms crossed.

I looked around the dorm and it was quite large. Large enough to fit 8 boys. Well...7 boys and one girl...

There was a living room with a flat screen tv, kitchen, and small space with tables for dining. There were 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom had bunk beds, so it could fit 2 people. And enough space for their belongings. This school made Seoul High look ghetto.

 

“Uh...annyeong. Let's be friends...” I awkwardly said.

“You're little.” the guy leaning on the door frame said.

“What!?” I asked, slightly offended.

“Cute too.” he added and walked up to me.

Someone scoffed. “Don't like him already.”

“Sungjong, shut up. You're not the only cute thing in this world.” another boy said.

“Nam Woohyun. Looks like we'll be roommates.” he took out his hand and I shook it.

He led me to our room.

“I call the bottom bunk if you don't mind.” he said.

I shook my head and told him it was fine.

Once he left, I put all my clothes into the drawers provided. Woohyun had taken the closet. I didn't mind. It was actually better. It's easier to hide my girl stuff...

 

Woohyun came back in.

“Is there no school today?” I asked him, noticing he wasn't wearing his uniform.

“No there was, but it ended early because of conferences.” he told me.

I nodded and sat on the ground.

“Aren't you going to learn their names?” he asked, pointing to the door.

“No...they scare me...” I mentally slapped myself for saying that.

He chuckled. “Stop being such a girl...come on. It's lunchtime.” he said and pulled me up.

He had no idea how ironic that sentence was.

 

I sat down in a chair and stared at the rice.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Normally, I'm so confident and stuff. But now, I feel like a turtle in a shell.

Oh yeah...I forgot. I'm a whole different person now...

“Yah...do you have a name?” someone asked.

I looked up and nodded. “Jason. Park Jason.”

I read his name tag on his uniform. He was the only one still wearing his. Jang Dongwoo.

“So you're a foreigner?” the older looking boy asked.

I shook my head. “That's just my name. I did go to America for a couple summers though.”

He nodded. “I'm Sunggyu. This is Myungsoo.” he pointed to the boy sitting next to him.

Myungsoo looked at me weirdly before putting a spoonful of rice into his mouth and saying, “Annyeong.”

I made a face. That's gross. Living with boys will surely be an adventure.

“I'm Sungjong.” The pretty boy said quite arrogantly. He reminds me of me. Well...the old me.

“This is Hoya.” Sunggyu said patting the said boy on the back.

Hoya just looked at me.

“Don't worry...he'll open up to you one day. He's hard to get out of his shell.” Woohyun whispered.

I nodded.

 

As we were eating, I tried my best to keep my mouth shut. But when they talked to me, I made sure to keep my voice low.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar song. I turned to the TV.

Teen Top came on the screen.

I squealed and ran to the TV.

“Oh my god! Chunji's so cool. Ricky looks so handsome with his new hair, don't you think? L.Joe is starting to grow on me too!” I absentmindedly said out loud.

I froze realizing the situation.

.

I slowly turned my head and everyone was giving me 'wtf' faces.

I chuckled awkwardly. “Uh...I was just imitating one of my friends...”

They raised their eyebrows and continued eating.

I face palmed.

I need more self control...

 

=================

you meet the boys! it's kinda hard to tell who's the love interest now...but you'll know as the story unravelssss.

there was hints...wonder if you caught them.