I.

July was long over

 

I.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
{ JONGIN'S POV }

 

 

After 3 more hours of peaceful sleep, I left the comforts of my bed. I sat up and stretched my arms. I rubbed my eyes and trudged to the bathroom downstairs. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I stayed minutes more in the bathroom, looking at myself, adoring my features and smiling at how perfect I am. I laughed goofily at the realization that I was just being a conceited narcissist. I walked out, yawning. I felt my tummy grumble. I needed something to eat, I thought. It was almost time for lunch. I opened the fridge but closed it as soon as I saw it was empty. I couldn’t cook, even. If only Kyungsoo was with me, I thought, I’ll be able to ease that pain in my tummy.

 

“Kyungieee~” I whined. “Why do you have to leave with the others and leave me here dead hungry!”

 

“So you’re finally awake.” a familiar voice responded from the living room.

 

“Yeah. I had a good slee — Kyungie?!” I ran to the living room and saw Kyungsoo watching home living channel on the television. Kyungsoo glanced up at me and gave me a sweet smile.

 

“Yes. You had a good sleep.” Kyungsoo chuckles as he nods to himself.

 

I jumped at the sofa and excitedly sat beside Kyungsoo, grinning like a child. “I thought I was gonna be alone!”

 

Another grumble left my tummy as we were watching TV. Kyungsoo just stared at me, expressionless. I scratched my head in embarrassment and gave him an awkward smile. I then gave him my best puppy dog eyes. He wasn’t even blinking and just stared at me.

 

“Bbuing bbuing~” I sing-songed as I pulled off my best aegyo. He finally cracked up and laughed at me.

 

“Fine, fine. What do you want?” He asked, putting the pillow he was holding down and standing up, fixing his shirt’s fabric down.

 

I put an index finger on my lower lip, pushing it intentionally and biting them as I think of what I want. “I want…. spaghetti!” I gave him a big, wide smile.

 

He nodded and went to the kitchen and started chopping some garlic and onions. He took some ground beef from the freezer and a pack of tomato sauce. I happily skipped to where Kyungsoo is. I gently put my face on his shoulder and my arms on his sides, humming happily while I watch him cook. I looked up at Kyungsoo and sweetly smiled at him.

 

Kyungsoo’s cheeks blushed and he couldn’t move a limb. My touch sent shivers down his spine, I thought as I giggled to myself. “You can go watch TV while you wait.” he stuttered, not looking at my direction.

 

“Hmmmm~” I whined. “I’m fine with this.” I sulked as I turned to look at him again in the eyes. I sweetly smiled as I put my arms all over his body, back-hugging him. “I missed you, Kyungie.” I mumbled.

 

Kyungsoo turned into a darker shade of red. His eyes grew even larger in shock and suddenly pushed me back away. He splashed water on his face and pressed himself over the kitchen counter, breathing heavily, looking down on the floor.

 

I was shocked and worried. What happened, I asked myself. “Is everything alright?” I stuttered.

“Yes.” he closed his eyes. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” he mumbled, still breathing heavily, now looking at my direction, his face still flushed and uneasy.

 

I just nodded and turned away, looking down the floor. “You didn’t miss me.” I mumbled to myself as I walked to the living room. I angrily jumped at the sofa and watched some comedic variety show, which, for the first time, failed to make me flex my face muscles up and laugh at its jokes. A frown never left my face. I felt hurt and irritated.

 

Minutes after, Kyungsoo finished cooking and brought a plate of spaghetti in the living room, handing it to me. “Eat it before it gets cold.”

 

I didn’t care to glance up at him and continued flipping though the channels. “Ain’t hungry anymore.” I lazily mumbled.

 

“What?” he asked, his face full of shock.

 

“I said I’m not eating.” I stood up from the sofa and went upstairs, passing by Kyungsoo without even looking at him.

 

I closed my door and jumped on my bed, trying not to mind how hungry I already am. It figures that he didn’t miss me back. He didn’t even smile with the thought of me missing him. He ignored me. He hated me. 

 

I sulked in my room and dug my face down the pillows, ignoring all the pain I feel.