Chapter 7

Where the Light Gets In

Luna

I wasn’t drunk, as least not as drunk as Luhan thought I was. He helped me forget though, in between the kisses and sweat and skin that I didn’t have a home to go back to.

“Thanks.” I muttered afterword, my eyelids were getting heavy.

“For what?” he replied, trying to catch his breath.                                                                                  

“Nothing.” I said, not minding as he slung an arm over my waist.

 

Kai

My eyes shot open at the delicious smell coming from the kitchen. I peeked around the corner into the kitchen to see Kyungsoo, clad in childish flannel pajamas, at the stove leaning over a frying pan. His shoulders were shaking, his arms limp at his sides.

“Hey. You okay?”

He turned his head, pale cheeks splotchy, eyes wide and b with tears.  He immediately wiped his face on his sleeve and smiled.

“You scared me. You hungry? Want some-“.

 I didn’t understand why he was putting up a sorry front, he hardly had anyone to impress. Not me, anyway.

“You don’t have to smile if you don’t want to.”

“What? O-oh.” His smile faded, attention focused back on the eggs.

“I used to make breakfast for my sisters every morning, they couldn’t cook for , they used it as an-“ his voice cracked, “I’m sorry,” he said, “You don’t have to listen-"

I hoped he didn’t mind being hugged by complete strangers. I grabbed him, he stiffened up a little but then relaxed into my arms and clutched into my t-shirt. And he cried.

Who knows what he went through yesterday - hell, who knows what all these people went through yesterday. Maybe all it took was a little alcohol and a few hours of sleep to realize that I have no idea what the were doing here.

We somehow found ourselves on the kitchen floor splayed over the cold tile. Kyungsoo’s small frame sat in between my legs. He was absentmindedly making small circles on my knee, effecting me more than it should.  

“I wished I would have died with them.” he said.

“I wish I could say stuff like ‘its only temporary’ and ‘it will get better’ but I don’t know.” i replied. I was kinda failing at the comforting words part.

“Why? You’re not my psychiatrist.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Then what do you want me to say?”

“Nothing.” He turned around to face me and sat on his knees.

“Thanks for, you know, comforting me.” He said, flushing a light pink. “But can we keep it’s a secret between the two of us?”

“Wha-“

“Look at me; a small guy that cooks? Can it get any less manly than that?

Manly? I burst out laughing and Kyungsoo blushed a deeper pink. “how old are you?”

“19” *

19? this cute looking bastard is older than me.

silence settled over us, and i leaned back and rested my head on the cabinet. "What the hell are we doing?"

He shrugged. "I don't know but  the eggs are going to burn.” He hopped up and switched off the oven.

 

 

 

 

*going by international age.

 

A/N: i love kyungsoo's and luhans chronic baby faces. haha

Kaisoo feels. I tried. I really really tried to not protray kyungsoo as the delicate flower boy like he always is and he may come off as one now  but be prepared for manly kyungsoo to emerge in future chapers. thanks for reading. :)