Expert On Children

We will meet again, someday.

I stared at him for a few good, long moments before the reality of the situation  finally set in.

I was in my pajamas with only a coat over the top, my hair probably looked like a cow had a snack on it, Jung Yunho was standing right in front of me asking my advice on children's manga, and he even recognized me from the time we met once years ago.

"Not...not Fruits Basket," I choked out.

"You think so?" He looked at the books in his hand skeptically.

"Positive," I replied.

"....What?" He suddenly turned to me after a pause. "You're looking at me as if you caught me red handed buying ."

That was my cracking point. I let out a loud guffaw, then quickly clamped my hand over my mouth, realizing that most people from two blocks away probably heard that.

"Yah! And this manga is for my five year old niece!" He defended.

"No I believe you," I said with a poker face as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"You need to help me out here, you look like you're good with this kind of stuff," He pointed to my pink, bunny printed pajama bottoms with a laugh. All the blood in my body rushed to my face as I tried to think of how to better reply to that remark.

"I bet you secretly have six toes," I huffed. He blinked at me, then let out a good natured laugh. The snores of the cashier and the hum of the refrigerator filled in the noise in the background.

"How'd you know?" He wrinkled his nose.

"What?! Seriously?" 

"Ahh, I told the media to keep quiet about it," He pinched the bridge of his nose, seemingly distressed.

"Er...I didn't know," I replied, giving him a quizzical look.

"Pft, I was kidding," Yunho chuckled while finally sliding the Fruits Basket volume back on the rack. "So you say I shouldn't get this, right?" 

"NO, never. Don't ever. Meanwhile, I say you should buy more than one volume of Chi's Sweet Home. Whoever you're buying this for will want a longer story if she finishes the book quickly." 

"Oh, good idea!"

I observed him shifting through the other manga novels in search of the second volume. I noticed a flash of light blue as a book slipped down in the very back. Catching it, I brought it up for him to see. 

"That's the one!" A bright smile illuminated his face as he took the book from my hand. "Thank you, and here, I'll buy you something in return. You came here for something, right?"

"Eh? No, don't, but in return try to forget my bunny pajamas," I waved my hands around in protest.

"I will never forget your pajamas, but I can buy you hot chocolate," He flashed me a beautiful, satisfied smirk which I had the strongest urge to wipe off his face.  

"Don't," I frowned, disapproval clear in my voice.

"It only costs 1500 won, plus I can bet anything you forgot your wallet." 

My jaw dropped to the floor, because now that I thought about it, he was right. I stood by the counter silently, watching him pour the warm, brown liquid and topping it with whipped cream and marshmallows. 

We walked over to the cashier, who was snoring even louder now and a pool of drool was threatening to spill out of his mouth. 

"Um...Ahjussi..." I nudged the man's shoulder in hopes of getting him awake. This guy was as good as dead.

"Let's not wake him up, I'll just set the money here," Yunho pointed to the cash register with his chin because his hands were full. "Take this," He handed me my drink. I mumbled a thanks in reply and Yunho pulled out a few bills, wedging them in between the cash register's buttons. "This should do it," He grinned.

"Thank you," I said again and bowed to him, clutching my drink to my chest.

"No problem, maybe we'll see each other again," He laughed and waved at me, leaving through the glass doors of the convenience store. I could only nod in reply.