Shattered

The Rest is up to You

 

It has been 5 years since I last saw her. 5 long years. I longed for Taeyeon, and I blame my dad for having us move to the US.

 

After leaving her, my life turned in a mess. I didn’t want to admit it, but it became so obvious that some of my friends started leaving me. I didn’t even bother to try to change. It didn’t matter anyways. She wouldn’t be here to see it.

 

Everyday it was the same routine. I would wake up early, go to work, go to the bar, buy groceries and then go home. I am usually out for most of the day.

 

Today I started the day by waking up in the morning and started to get ready for work. I went to the washroom, brushed my teeth, washed my hair and got dressed and headed out the door. I usually skip breakfast, and that led to my drastic change in weight. I looked really skinny now, but not too skinny that my bones would show.

 

I started to head to the bus station and sat down waiting for the bus. As I sat down waiting for the bus, I pulled out my wallet and searched for the coins I use to pay for my bus fare. I pulled out a few coins and a piece of paper fell out. I bent down and reached for the piece of paper. Curious about why I had such a small folded paper in my coin wallet, I unfolded it to take a look at what it was.

 

I froze as soon as I caught a glimpse of what was on that paper. I wasn’t just paper, it was an old photo Taeyeon and I took together on my birthday, my last birthday I had in Korea before I came to the US.

 

We looked so happy. In the photo, I was wearing a pink tiara and a necklace that Taeyeon got for me. I had a huge smile on my face and Taeyeon also smiled at the camera as she poked my cheek.

 

What a dork. I thought My adorable dork

 

“My adorable dork” I mumbled to myself again as a lone tear made its way down my cheek.

 

Looking upon the photo, many memories of Taeyeon and I cam rushing into my mind.

 

However, before I could cry anymore, the sound of the bus snapped me out of my sad memories.

 

I got on the bus and handed him my bus fair and took a seat as I firmly held the photo of Taeyeon and I in my hand.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Work seemed to have taken longer than usual.

 

I worked at a café as a waitress. Everyday was a boring as the one before. Nothing special ever happened at this café.

 

As I ended work, I started to head to the bar across the street to hang out with my friends.

 

As soon as I got there, I could see the Yulsic couple and the Soosun couple waiting for me. They all looked so happy, teasing each other and happily making plans for the next date they would have.

 

I used to be like that too. Taeyeon and I, we used to spend everyday with each other. Taking each other on dates and having the occasional vacation together too. But that all changed when my dad said that we had to move to the US because of his job. I tried to beg my dad to let me stay, but he didn’t trust me. I was so heartbroken.

 

I could bring myself to tell Taeyeon about this, but I knew I had to. So on a breezy summer day, I told Taeyeon the whole story. Surprisingly she took the news very calmly. I was glad, I couldn’t bare to see my dorky soulmate sad and crying.

 

She said she understood and that she promised me that she would come to the US to find me some time. We pinky swore, and then spent the rest of the day enjoying our moments together.

 

-In the bar-

 

I sat myself at my usual seat and ordered a beer. Strangely I didn’t feel like drinking a lot today. So I went over to tell my friends that I would be leaving early, they didn’t seem to mind.

 

I went back to my own seat and continued drinking.

 

Halfway through my second cup of beer, “Stickwityou” by the Pussycat Dolls started to play.

 

I smiled. I remembered the time I sang this song for Taeyeon. She loved the song so much she even bought the CD to listen to it everyday.

 

I continued to drink my beer and sing along with the song until it finished.

 

As soon as the song finished, I decided to head home.

 

I’ll skip grocery shopping today, I can do that tomorrow I thought as I walked home.

 

I guess I wasn’t paying much attention to my surroundings as I walked home, because after about 30 mins of walking, I was pulled by an unknown force into a dark alleyway.

 

I was going to scream, but the stranger covered my mouth before I could even open it.

“GIVE ME YOUR MONEY AND VALUBLES NOW!” the stranger said as he pulled out a knife.

 

“O-o-o-okay, just don’t hurt me” I stuttered

 

I gave him the little amount of cash I had in my wallet, my watch and my earrings. But appearently, he was still not satisfied.

 

“GIVE ME THE NECKLACE TOO” he shouted as he held the knife up to my neck.

 

“P-p-p-please no, this necklace means a lot to me. Let me keep just this one thing” I stuttered again as I held firmly onto the necklace that Taeyeon gave me.

 

“GIVE IT NO…..”

 

The robber was about to finish the sentence but before he could, a person pulled him from the back and started to fight him.

 

The person’s movements were so fast that even I could barely keep up with the punched he was throwing at the robber.

 

And in just a minute or two, the robber was laying on the floor unconscious. As my saviour walked up to me unscathed.

 

I slowly looked up to meet the person’s eyes.

 

I gasped. I look deep into the familiar onyx eyes that was on this GIRL’s face.

 

“T-T-T-Taeyeon!” I stammered in shock.

 

Taeyeon looked at me in confusion. She had not changed one bit. She looked exactly like I remembered.

 

“Its me! Tiffany Hwang! Hwang Miyong!” I said in excitement

 

Taeyeon turned her head to the side and finally said

 

“I’m sorry, but do I know you?”

 

And that was when my already fragile and weak heart shattered into a trillion pieces.

 

 

YOOOO FIRST CLIFFHANGER IS UP!!! I hope you like it. REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! THNX

-shadow out-