It Just Doesn't Seem Right

The Runaway (Hiatus)

 

“Ugh. It’s even raining…” I said as we walked up to the cabin, “Hurry up and go in.”

“Wait… it looks like there’s someone in there.” He peeked through the little window.

“Well then knock!” I yelled. How long is he gonna just stand there? It’s December, it’s raining, and it’s freezing! When he just kept looking, I brushed past him and knocked quickly.

After waiting a good 3 minutes, a short guy came to the door, “May I help you fellas?” he said. I cleared my throat and spoke up.

“Neh. Uh…. Me and my friend here, we ran away from our orphanage and we need a place to crash for… a while.” He stared me emotionlessly, before closing the door. TaeMin gasped and stuck his foot out, stopping the door. I knew exactly what he was up to.

Let the innocence begin. I thought with a smirk. I saw TaeMin put on his pout face and walked closer to the door.

“Please, ajusshi? My back hurts from sleeping on the pavement… my tummy hurts from eating rotten food.” He said while his lower lip quivered and he rubbed his stomach. I gotta admit… this kid is good. “and look at my arms! It’s so cold. I have goosebumps! Please let us stay, ajusshi, huh?”

“Y-yah! Who are you calling ajusshi!? I’m 19!”

“You’re nineteen? But you look so old…” TaeMin said, in a strangely high voice.

“No wonder we thought he was an ajusshi.” I whispered to TaeMin, who giggled.

“Aish, you brats! Hurry and come in!” He said over exaggeratedly. I gave TaeMin a quick thumbs up, before walking inside the cabin.

The warmth hit me like a ton of bricks. It felt amazing after spending hours in the cold lost with an idiot.

“So you said you guys ran away?” the guy said, gesturing us to the small wooden couch while he sat on a stool.

“Yeah, from our orphanage.” He stuck out his bottom lip and nodded.

“Why?”

“It’s a long story…” TaeMin responded as he played with the odd cloth covering the couch.

“In case you two haven’t noticed, I’ve got time. So spill.” I looked over at Tae, who looked back and nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Me and TaeMin spent almost an hour telling this stranger about our past. He seemed to listen well and had sympathy for us.

“Wow… and I thought I had it bad.” He said looking down.

“What happened to you? If you don't mind me asking.” TaeMin asked politely. Keep up the cuteness TaeMin, and then maybe he’ll feed us.

“I ran away, just like you guys.”

“Oh…”

“My name’s JongHyun by the way.”

“This is MinHo,” TaeMin said before I could introduce myself, “Don't talk to him too much or you’ll get yelled at.” He snickered.

“And this is TaeMin. Don't ask him for directions.”

“Yah!” he raised his little hand to hit me, but was interrupted.

“Um…” JongHyun began, “You two should try to not be so… violent to eachother. It’ll only cause trouble in your travels.”

TaeMin slowly put his hand down and apologized to JongHyun.

“Nuh-uh. Not to me. Apologize to your little friend there.” TaeMin pouted before turning his body towards me.

“I- I’m s-sorry Min-MinHo….” He stuttered through gritted teeth.

“That wasn’t so bad, now was it?” I asked teasingly.

“I will kill you…”

“With what? Those noodles you call arms?”

“Aish!” He raised his hand and smacked me on the back of my head. I would’ve been mad, but it’s not like it hurt anyway, “You’re always teasing me! Stop it, will you!?”

“I’ll stop when you stop giving me so many things to tease you about!” The presence of JongHyun seemed to be long forgotten. Just like anybody else would be when we have our ‘daily arguments’.

“I’m serious MinHo! One day, you’ll go over the deep end! One day you’ll push me so far away and I won't just sit back anymore! It’ll be so bad you won't know how to deal with it!”

“I don't know how to deal with you now!” he bit down hard on his lower lip, small little pools began to form in his eyes.

Uh oh.

“I hate you… I h-hate you so much! I’ve helped you out countless of times, an endless amount of times, and I never even heard ‘Thank you’ come out of your mouth.” Tears, they spilt heavily from his eyes and down his plump cheeks. His tears always leave me frozen. I can't move or speak or anything. I can only sit here and feel like a complete jerk for being the cause of it. “All I ever hear is ‘TaeMin you're stupid,’ ‘TaeMin stop being an idiot’ or ‘Why did I even tell you t-to come with me, TaeMin.’! Do you really dislike me that much?” he sobbed. I just sat there like a log while JongHyun dashed over to the crying boy and pulled him out of the room.

Once he came back, I was already mentally kicking myself in the for this. Just like after every argument.

He always asked me that at the end of every argument!

‘Do you really dislike me that much?’

And it’s always that one question that makes me rethink everything. After all me and TaeMin have been through, it just never seems right to hate him.

He’s my family.

He’s the best family I’ve ever had because he actually cares about me.

My real family gave me away before I was even old enough to remember what they look like. They didn't want me.

But TaeMin does. Otherwise he wouldn’t have stuck around. He wouldn’t still be here. And yet, here I am pushing him away.

I just can't help it though! I've been neglected all my life! My parents left me, the few friends I had made at the orphange still thought I was a jerk, and Mother Sunny hated me! I guess I don't know how to respond to his type of affection.

No. That's a lie. I know how to respond, I... I just can't. When I see TaeMin, I see a small little wet defenseless innocent kitten. Yeah it's cheesey, cliche, all that . I know. But for some reason... out of my control, I don't know what to do around this kitten. He's annoying, but great to talk to. He can be slow, but he's really smart. I know he's depressed, but he always smiles.

I don't understand him.

That's no excuse though, huh? Because I don't understand a person, I constantly make them cry? There's no sence in there at all, is there?

I know it, but I don't know what to do. It's not fair to him, I guess. It's doesn't feel right.

Why am I constantly hurting the only family I’ve got left?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JONGHYUN HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING! He has a major role as a person who helps Tae and MinHo get on their feet and build a better friendship. Yay!

And MinHo is coming to a cross-words about TaeMin. Of course, it's not like 'liking' TaeMin or anything. Just how he treats him. The whole 2min togetherness stuff is still many chapters away.

Those who are wondering about OnKey, wait like about 2 chapters and they will enter as well ^^

Be very excited~!

 

Oh! And this cute guy in my math class acknowledged my existence today!! xD He walked past and patted my back and said hi. Then when he passed back, he started asking about the stickers of the bands I have on my binder (SHINee). I told him a little bit about it and he said 'They're korean? Like PSY? That's cool.' Then he laid his hand on mine for like a split second! A WHOLE SPLIT SECOND! Omo omo omo! I was dying! Though on the outside I was like this:

On the inside I was all like:

Seriously I love Maths now. No lie.

 

Anyway, Love Ya Lots!

See you next update~!