Partner From Hell

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Weekend passed by with no trouble at all. EXO didn’t come back in the club except for Sehun who just waited for your shift to be over. He kept his promise of carrying Sungmin home and even dropped by the following day to hang out.

“Hyung! Let’s play again next time, okay?” Sungmin said after walking Sehun to the door.

“Sure!” he ruffled his hair and left.

----------

Sehun and DO waited outside the apartment building and decided to join you and Sungmin on your way to school.

“Hyung! This is Sunmi and that’s her brother, Sungmin.” he pointed.

“Annyeong haseyo. Do Kyungsoo imnida but you can call me DO.” he bowed to you and Sungmin after.

“Cool! Another hyung!” the little one beamed making you all laugh.

“Off to school! Gaja!” says an excited Sehun.

DO and your brother walked ahead and he would hold Sungmin’s hand when crossing the street while you and Sehun trailed them and he always moved to the danger side when crossing.

“I told you my friends are nice.” he whispered while watching DO and Sungmin poke each other.

“He’s just one person... Dude, cmon?!” and he just shook his head.

The three of you reached school and dropped Sungmin off in his class first. “Have fun today and stay out of trouble.” and he nodded.

“Sungmin-ah. If there’s trouble, call us and we’ll teach them a lesson.” DO said and Sehun agreed

“Neh!” he replied and entered the room.

“Yah! My brother is not a delinquent like you guys.” you scoffed.

“Ouch!” DO pouted and clutched his chest pretending to be hurt.

Kai saw you went in after their friends dropped you off while Kris shook his head and forced out a chuckle when he saw you with them as well. ‘I am the best wingman for crying out loud but I can’t even get the only person that I want for myself.’

You were all smiles and radiant that even Hyuna’s make up stricken face didn’t level to it. But it all disappeared when you saw Kai and was reminded of the heated argument that took place. The hate keeps building up every time you see him. He was like your kryptonite. He makes you weak. His mere presence pisses you off, and felt like he could kill you anytime soon. ‘Gotta stay away from him. I have to. I need to.’ and you looked away.

On the contrary though, Kai couldn’t stop thinking about you ever since he saw you at the club. ‘You were right… I’m hopeless… But not until I found you.’

How can someone so normal affect his life in an instant? You hardly talk. You fought and bicker a lot. He wants to stand up and fight for you, make everything easier. But all he did was make things harder. Kai kept staring at you until the teacher came in for Literature.

“Class! Listen up! I’ll be assigning you a project…” and the room is filled with boo’s. “… and will be doing it pairs!” then the boo’s became cheers.

“I’m gonna call out the Roman or Greek Myths that you’ll be discussing and the pairings after. So listen carefully.”

You sat on your chair calmly thinking that the odds of being paired to one of the two people you hate the most is like winning the lottery while Kai and Kris could almost beg all the angels and saints so they can have you.

The teacher started calling out names but you started to get nervous when almost half of the people in the room have already been paired except you, Kai, Kris, Hyuna with the rest of the class.

“The next pair will do Perseus and Medusa and it’s gonna be Wu Fan and…” you held your breath “Kim Hyuna.” you blew out a huge air while Kris slammed his fist. “Damn it!” he hissed and Hyuna automatically snuggled beside him.

“Any problems Mr. Wu?” the teacher asked.

“Anyone but her, please? Or I’d rather work alone.” he bravely said.

“How about failing this subject?” Kris weakened on his chair and the teacher continued.

“The next topic will be Orpheus and Eurydice which will be discussed by Kim Jongin and Oh Sunmi.”

“MWOH???” you suddenly stood for a protest. “Seonsaengnim, anyone but him please?” you pleaded while Kai’s face lit up with the biggest smile on his face.

“Yah! What’s up with you guys about the pairings? Mr. Wu complained! Then you complained! How about you two pair up instead?” Kris suddenly came back to life while Kai grew worried.

“Not him either!” you pleaded.

“Then you’re stuck with Mr. Kim!” you dropped on your chair and sunk your face in between your arms on top of the desk.

Your seatmate suddenly pokes you and handed a post it. ‘I’m looking forward playing with you! XD’

“URGGHH!!!” you crumpled the paper and hurled it to your seatmate while Kai snickered in his seat. ‘See why I can’t get enough of you? You’re just too cute!’

The bell rang for lunch and you quickly stomp your way out of the room, meeting Sehun by the door.

“Woah, easy there. What’s wrong?” he asked.

“My partner in a project just happens to have horns and a tail!” you nagged while he laughed. “It’s not funny!”

Sehun placed an arm around your shoulder while you walk through the corridor. “Jongin, isn’t so bad. He’s just too playful.”

“There you go again with all this crap. Yah! The last time he was being playful, he tried turning me into one of his . So I hope you get the idea that I don’t like him at all!”

“Okay! Fine!” he rolled his eyes.

“Let’s just have lunch instead. I made you a lunchbox as well.” you beamed.

“Now that’s more like it! But can we eat somewhere else, please? Just for today?”

“But where?”

“I know just the perfect place.” he then wiggled his eyebrows while grinning at you. In the back of your mind, you didn’t trust the way he looked at you but you brushed it off.

Sehun kept his arm around your shoulder as you approach an unfamiliar place. You have never set foot in this part of the school. No other students were around and only a few teachers pass by. Sehun suddenly opened the door and walked in, now holding on to your hand.

The room is located on the second floor of a separate building, stylish and elegant with floor-to-ceiling windows overseeing the classrooms on the ground. The interiors were arranged like that of a fancy restaurant. There are three tables and each have four chairs. A variety of food is laid out in a separate long table and a butler stood in a corner.

You suddenly stopped upon seeing the rest of EXO eating together then you realized where you are.

“You gotta be kidding me Sehun! This is your ing lounge. I’m gonna kill you!” you panicked and was about to go out when he pulled you back.

“Uh! Uh! Uh! You’re not going anywhere.” he said and called out the guys. “Yah! How can you start eating without me?” he told them and EXO turned to face you both.

“Sehun-ah. I feel like I’m in a lion’s den.” You whispered and gripped his hand tighter.

“Don’t worry I’m the one who tame those lions!” he giggled “Seriously, I got you. No one hurts my Oh Sunmi.”

‘MY??? Cheesy but sweet…’ you pressed your lips together trying to hold out a smile.

“Sunmi-ah!” DO squealed and left his seat. “What are you doing here?” he added.

“To eat of course!” Sehun replied.

“Eh? But I have my lunchbox?” you softly spoke to him.

“Don’t worry we’ll eat that of course.” He then faced DO. “We just wanted to try a different location for a change.”

Sehun took two lunchboxes from your backpack but DO swiftly snatch it away and sat on an empty table. His eyes twinkled after opening it and was about to drool. “Hyung, leave some for us. I’ll just introduce her to the guys.”

Sehun pulled you while approaching the rest of EXO who stopped eating. Kai never left his gaze on your linked hands. 'I'd kill to be Sehun right now!'  while you met eyes with Kris. As much as he wants to stare at you for a long time, Sehun had to interrupt him.

“Guys, I want you to meet my girlfriend…” he said and all hell break loose. “MWOH???” Chanyeol yelled. DO who just had his first bite, choked. Suho and Baekhyun dropped the chopsticks they were holding. Kai and Kris was too minded to react that they became pale and you could’ve sworn Kris almost made an attempt to stand and punch Sehun.

“HA HA HA! You should see the look on your faces. You guys are hilarious. I was just kidding. Sunmi is very much single.” he is already holding his tummy from laughing too much.

EXO heaved a sigh and after Sehun calmed down, he started introducing you to them. He pointed each of them one by one even if you already know their names. You lightly bowed to all of them and forced a smile to Kai and Kris.

“And since it’s done, my girlfriend and I will now eat.” you pushed him away and joined DO.

"Sunmi-ah, this is really good. So much better than what the chef makes.”

“Komawo!”

The lounge is now filled with a sweet aroma from your lunchbox. It was too inviting and delectable that Suho and Chanyeol now joined your table.

“Here. I’ll trade my food for your share.” Chanyeol then gave you his plate.

You looked on the other table and saw the remaining boys were eating silently so you nudged Sehun.

“Tell them to come over and join these two tables together so it’s not crowded.” and he happily obliged.

“Hyungs! Let’s all eat together!”

Kai, Kris and Baekhyun stood and joined all of you.

You sat in between DO and Sehun, right across you is Kai who is seated in between Kris and Baekhyun, while Chanyeol and DO sat on both ends.

“You guys should try this! Sunmi made it.” Sehun shared his lunchbox to them filled with eggrolls and cutely decorated rice balls.

Everytime you prepared your lunchboxes, you always made sure to do it with extra care and attention. At least that's how your mom taught you. It may not be the most expensive dish but every bite gives a feeling of happiness and contentment.

They all enjoyed the lingering flavors in their mouth while you waited for their reactions since you can hardly tell fom their poker faces.

“Komawo…” Kris said with a soft voice and you just stared at him in surprise that Sehun had to nudge you. “Y-you’re welcome…” you stuttered.

Awkwardness was about to start but Sehun was fast enough to break it off. He talked non-stop with the rest of EXO while you tried to eat even if Kai is stealing glances at you.