Who Is He?

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

It’s Friday once again so it’s hella busy in Club Seoul especially that there’s gonna be a show. Since it’s a special night, Alex, Mino and you manned the bar. The whole place is packed and EXO is present as always. Sehun stood on his favorite spot and waved at you.

“That boy is head over heels for you.” Mino nudged your side while you waved back to him.

“No he’s not! He’s just naturally sweet and nice…” you then handed a beer to a girl across you.

“Riigghttt…” he rolled his eyes and went back to his post while you shook your head laughing.

Teddy suddenly came and went in the bar. “Sunmi-ah, Jiyong is gonna perform tonight. You know how it is right?”

“Oppaaaa… Not tonight please?” you pleaded with palms clasped together.

“Wae? What’s the difference? You’ve been doing this for the last five years and most of the people here, know you already.” he then placed his hands on his waist and saw EXO after looking around. “Aahh! Is it because of them?”

You blushed and nodded your head shyly. “NO! You’re still doing it. Go to my office and be ready… Mino! Alex! Cover Sunmi for a bit.” he told them.

“Neh!”

You stomped your way to the back of the club and started to get nervous. Jiyong or better known by his stage name, G-dragon is one of Teddy’s protégé. He is a talented rapper and is trying to make his way into the entertainment business. He has been performing in different clubs especially in Club Seoul to garner interest and one of his acts includes a duet with you.

Every time he’s on stage, it’s a given that you two should perform. But you just don’t have the strength to do it tonight and clearly because of EXO’s presence.

You opened the door and saw him playing with Sungmin. “Sunmi-ah!” he squealed. GD quickly stood and ran up to you. “Oppa! I miss you!” and hugged.

“Aigooo~ How’s my dongsaeng? You’ve grown up to be a pretty lady.” he pushed away from the hug and glared at you. “Yah! Do you have a namja chinggu already?”

“NOO! The only boys in my life right now are in this room.” Sungmin and Teddy both smiled at you after.

You wrapped your arms around his back after he hugged you once again. “I may not be here all the time but you do realize how much I love you and Sungmin, right?” he whispered.

“I do, oppa and I’m really thankful!”

GD was like your older brother. Always being there when you couldn’t bear the weight of the world on your shoulders.  Giving his last piece of bread when you and Sungmin have nothing to eat. He would rather walk and give every cent he has so you can buy clothes.

Sungmin walked up to you both and tugged GD’s pants so he lifted him up. “Hyung! Don’t worry because when you’re not around, I got other hyungs to look after us.”

“Eh? You found a replacement for me already?” GD . “Yah! What is he saying?” he now asked you with a pout.

“Of course not! You’re still my no. 1.” Sungmin then sunk his face on GD’s shoulder.

“My friends at school.”

“Nice! You actually made friends before Senior year ended. Good job!” and you lightly punched his arm. “But of course, I’m not the school’s biggest , y’know! Tch!”

Teddy then left his laptop and approached you two. “Okay, that’s enough catching up… The show is about to start. Let’s do this!”

“Do I really have to?” you nagged.

“YES!” Teddy growled.

“Wae yo? I din’t know you have stage fright?” GD added.

“She doesn’t… She’s getting all shy and mushy coz her friends are here.” Teddy then cupped your face. “Do it for us, please? Don’t mind them and just enjoy what you do best. Okay?”

You heaved a sigh and gave in to his pleading. “Fine!”

“That’s my girl! Now go get ready.” Teddy left and GD handed you a huge box. “This is for you. I want you to wear it tonight.”

Your eyes sparkled after opening his gift. “OMG oppa! This is pretty!”

“It will be a lot prettier once you wear them.” he kissed your head and left.

“Sungmin-ah, look away while I change.”

He covered his face with a cushion while you took out a royal blue strapless mini dress and slipped in it. It hugged every curve of your body and you tried pulling down the hem but you have to pull it back up since the chest line gets lower. “Aish! Jiyong oppa sure does not really know how much I’ve grown…” you muttered.

You then slipped in the black high tops that came with it and pulled your hair down. “What do you think?”

He removed the cover and looked at you from head to toe. “Wooow! Noona you look like a smurfette.”

“Yah! Sungmin-ah! You’re not helping at all… And is that even a compliment?”

“But I like smurfette! She’s cute and shek-shi…” he grinned.

“Okay then… That’s good enough.”

----------

Teddy and GD have already started working up the crowd. The club is in a trance that no one is left bored. Everyone danced to the music and bobbed their heads to the beat.

Sehun and Baekhyun stood by the railings while watching the crowd. “Damn, he’s having the time of his life!” Baekhyun pointed Chanyeol who is busy grinding with a girl.

“He sure does… Wonder where Sunmi is, though?” he pointed at the bar with only Mino and Alex.

“Maybe took a break!”

“Dude, it’s been an hour since she left her post.”

“Yah! You gotta stop watching her every move, that’s creepy! And don’t worry, she’s just around here somewhere!” Baekhyun said and gulped his drink while bobbing his head.

After a couple of songs, the music suddenly stop and GD stood in the middle. “Wassup Club Seoul!” and the crowd screamed louder.

“Y’all having fun tonight?” he pointed the mic to crowd. “YEEAAHH!!!”

“Cool! Some of y’all might already know that every time I visit this place, I have a special stage…” and the crowd got excited. “YEAHHHH!!! WOOOOO!!!”

“Y’all ready?” he pointed the mic again and they hollered. “SUNMI! SUNMI! SUNMI!”

“Give it up for my girl!!!” GD howled.

----------

“Well, that’s me…” you heard your name and took a deep breath.

“Noona, hwaiting!” Sungmin raised his fist and you did as well.

Your stomach started to rumble as you near the stage illuminated by laser lights. GD saw you and instantly reached out a hand so you took it. The crowd screamed louder as soon as you set foot on the stage while a spotlight hovered you.

“Woah! Is that Sunmi?” Baekhyun nudged Sehun. “I already saw her right before she went up. Damn, she’s gorgeous!” his mouth fell wide open while Baekhyun called the rest of EXO. “Guys! Sunmi is on the stage!”

“MWOH???” They all stood right away and shoved the people out of the railings.

“Hot damn! She should never hide that nice body!” DO his lips and got smacked on the head by Kris. “Hyung, you gotta admit though she looks so damn fine right?”

“She does but no need to go y and stuff.” Kris said. “But who’s the guy?” he pointed GD who just happens to hug Sunmi comfortably to calm her nerves.

“Maybe someone special. She only has her brother and uncle in her life so I dunno…” DO added.

Kai who stood beside DO never left his gaze upon GD’s arms around Sunmi’s slender waist. ‘Who is he?’

All their eyes are glued on the stage as the show is about to start.

GD pulled away from the hug and held your face. “Just like old times… You sing, I rap… Alright?”

“Oppa, I’m nervous…”

“Don’t be! Let the music take it all away… Don’t worry, I got you!” he smiled and kissed your cheek. “That’s for good luck!”