Under The Storm

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

The car stopped in front of your grandparent’s hanok. A one bedroom straw-roofed house with thick wooden pillars. Walls were made of mud while windows and doors are pasted with polished paper. You jumped out of the car and sprinted on the porch waiting for Kai who grabbed your backpacks from the trunk.

“Sorry… You’ll have to bear with this since there are no hotels in the area…” you told him after he came.

Kai looked from both sides then up to the ceiling. “No, it’s okay… I like it here!” he smiled.

You both went to the door and left your shoes in front of it. “Welcome to my harabeoji’s humble abode!” your arms were stretched out while walking backwards and facing Kai.

“Uwaaaa~ This is so cool.” he mused upon seeing the interior structure. It’s only made of soil and timbers but withstood the test of time.

You slid the door of the bedroom and walked in followed by Kai. “Go take a shower while I set up your bed.” and ruffled his soaking hair.

“You don’t have to… I can sleep on the floor.” he replied.

“Eh? I can’t let a prince do that… Tch!” you smirked.

“I’m no prince! Pft!” he scoffed and placed an arm on your shoulder. “Seriously Sunmi, don’t bother.”

“Fine! But go take a shower first. The bathroom is just beside this room and it’s complete with toiletries…”

“Okay!” he dropped your backpack on the floor and was about to leave when you spoke again. “Do you need some clothes? You can borrow from Jiyong oppa’s stuff.”

“I’m good! I usually bring extra clothes when going out of town… Stop worrying, will ya? I’ll be fine!” he then pinched your cheek.

“Whatever!” you rolled your eyes and he left.

You went to the closet and took all the comforters, pillows and mats you can get your hands on. You stacked them on the floor in layers trying to achieve the softest feel. ‘Is this enough?’ you thought while pressing your hands against the make shift mattress. ‘Aish! this! He’ll just have to deal with it!’ you then slammed a pillow on the floor.

“What’s wrong?” Kai entered drying his hair with a towel. You gulped upon seeing him in a black track pants and white wife-beater.

“Ermmm… N-Nothing…” you stuttered. “Sorry… This is the best that I can offer you.” you pointed the floor with sheets and four plush pillows.

Kai moved closer to you and cupped your face with one hand. “It’s perfect! I couldn’t ask for more… Now you go to take a shower before getting sick.” you smiled shyly and walked out, grabbing your backpack on the way.

He immediately sprawled with arms and legs spread out on the floor. He was grinning from ear to ear while feeling ecstatic. ‘This is the happiest day ever!’ He then placed a palm on his chest feeling the rapid heartbeat. ‘Easy Jongin! Calm the down…’ blowing a huge air after.

You popped your head into the bedroom while hiding behind the wooden door. “Ermmm… Jongin?” Kai instantly rose. “Yes?”

“Can you please grab me one of Jiyong oppa’s shirt? I don’t have my pj’s with me.” you grinned.

“Sure!” he stood and rummaged the closet. “Sorry but I can’t find it…” he yelled while you watch him bend, crouch, tiptoe at the pile of fabrics and still failed.

You dropped your head in frustration and sighed. “I’ll get it then… Mind to move and look away?” you said since you’re wrapped in a towel. “Oh! S-Sure…”

Kai sat back down and stared at the wall across him. You sneaked in while gripping on your covering. His face flushed when he stole a glance on his side while you hurriedly look for a decent sleepwear. The white towel hugged your curves and it was skimpy enough to show off your long legs.

His heart thumped once again along with wild thoughts in his mind. ‘Andwae! Deep breaths, Jongin! Relaaxxx~’ Kai started some breathing exercises he learned from yoga and fanned himself.

You rushed out of the room with clothes in hand then Kai laid on the floor. His hands were clasped together on top of his stomach and stared at the ceiling while waiting for you to comeback.

“Are you hungry? I can make dinner if you want…” you said after sliding the door to a close.

He sat up crossed leg and got another round of anxiety attack when he saw you with GD’s oversized shirt and a barely there shorts thanks to Sungmin. ‘How will I ever survive this night? Please give me strength… Lots of it!’

“I’m not h-hungry…” he forced a smile.

"Suit yourself!"

You grabbed your phone from your backpack and sat beside him then dialed Sehun.

“Hey baby!” you snickered while Kai frowned and covered his ear. *Why hello there babe!*

“Sehun-ah, listen up… We’re stuck here in Incheon. The rain won’t stop so the roads were blocked by floods and we’re gonna have to stay for the night.” you poked Kai on his side since his face is stricken with annoyance. “Stop it!” he hissed and you stuck your tongue out to him. *Major bummer! Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Sungmin… Are you okay?*

“I am, although Prince Kai is such a pain in the …” His jaw dropped while you chuckled. He suddenly tackled you to the floor placing a leg on your hips and an arm around your torso to pin you down. You secured your phone to your ear while trying to get back up but he was too strong so you gave up. *Really? Put your phone on loudspeaker... Lemme talk to him!* Kai sunk his face on your neck and you tapped the screen.

“It’s on babe! Kekeke~” you then raised your phone. “That’s the last time you’re calling him that!” Kai hissed. *YAH! Kim Jongin! Don’t be such a diva and it up!*

“Wae? What you ‘gon do about it? HAH! By the way, Sunmi is mine tonight. All mine! Mwahaha!” Kai taunted and you flicked his forehead. *YAAHHH!!! Don’t do anything stupid or I’ll make Monggu and Jjangu pay!*

“Who?” you whispered. “My dogs…” he replied and continued. “Good night Oh Sehun! Byyeee~” Kai snorted. *I’ll get you for this, Jongin! ARGGHHH!”

You just shook your head at the bickering boys. “Sehun-ah! I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? Give my kisses to Sungmin as well. Good night!” *Good night! I love you babe!* with a soft voice this time.

“I love you too babe!” you chuckled and hung up. “What?” you asked Kai who was glaring at you.

“You love him do you?” he said with a deep and serious tone.

“Of course! I love him. I love you. I love Kris. I love Suho oppa. I love EXO!” you grinned.

“I’m serious Sunmi!” he stared at you.

Your faces are just inches apart since he still got you pinned down. You attempted to break free but he was firm. “Stay!” he commanded.

You surrendered and sighed. “Look…” you then cupped his face with one hand. “It just so happen that Sehun means the world to me…” Kai’s face fell and averted his eyes downwards.

You lifted his chin up again. “But that doesn’t mean I care less for you guys… I like you as much as I like him. Understand?” and he softly nodded. ‘But I want you to love me more than him… That's how bad I want you, Sunmi!’ he thought.

Kai s an arm under your neck and pulled you closer. His other arm draped around your waist while you sunk your face in his neck then pulled the blanket over your bodies. The cold weather didn’t match to the warmth he provided you but the thunderstorms made you flinched. “You’re scared?” he asked.

“Mhmmm… It’s freaking me out!” you muttered under his skin.

He hugged you tighter and you gripped on the back of his shirt. “Better?” and you nodded.

“Sunmi?” he asked while resting his cheek on your head. “Hmmm?”

“What would you do if you and a friend like the same person?”

You raised your head to meet his gaze and he looked down on you as well. Your brain gave you thousands of options but you can’t come up with a decent answer. You paused for a bit and cleared your throat. “Well… If I really like that person, I owe it to myself to find out if the feeling is mutual. If it is, I will talk to my friend so we can come to an understanding and stay friends no matter what happens.”

“Aren’t you afraid that you might lose both of them?”

You slightly moved up to level his gaze. “Ani! Because I’ll make sure I won’t lose them. I will do everything I can to keep them!”

‘Sunmi-ah, don’t you know that you’re making it harder for me and Kris hyung? Babo, crazy girl!’ Kai thought and his hand which is on your waist, moved up to your cheek. “Don’t ever go, okay? I’m not that strong, Sunmi…” he whispered.

You sensed the desperation in him. It’s as if his life depended on you. His eyes were begging and you didn’t even want to resist him. “I made a promise and I intend to keep it!”

His face suddenly became serene after a thorn has been plucked off his chest. He cupped your face with both hands while you held his wrists. “If I go for your lips, will you kiss me?” he asked.

You froze but your lids slowly dropped when your heart took over. ‘I'll take that as a yes.’ he thought and gently pulled you towards him. He closed his eyes and your lips touched with the right amount of passion. The kiss made you dizzy. Your stomach did a backflip making the butterflies spun around. Your body is tingling so much that had you been standing, you would’ve fall on your knees.

Kai took his time memorizing the feeling and enjoying the pleasure. He didn’t dare pull away since he loved how your breaths come and go on each other’s skin.

The kisses he trailed left your lips swelling and weakened your joints. You could've fallen asleep in his arms had he not stopped. He s back an arm under your neck and placed another on your back pulling you to a hug. "Good night..." he whispered and kissed your forehead.

"Good night, Jongin." you muttered under the skin of his neck while keeping an arm on his back.