Prince Charming

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Saturday came and exams are finally over. EXO managed to pass all subjects by the skin of their teeth.

You sprawled on your bed with a huge grin on your face. It felt so good being relieved from schoolwork and will no longer cram your brain. Sungmin scooted under your armpit while snuggling a Stitch plushie. You your side and snuggled him in your arms. “Aigooo~ Come here sweetie…” and kissed the top of his head.

“Morning noona~” he croaked.

Sungmin however fell back to sleep. You rubbed his back while resting your cheek on his head. Just as you drift to sleep, your phone vibrated. Your hand crept under your pillow and answered it with eyes closed. “Yawbosehyo?” you yawned. *Good morning…* says a deep voice.

“Morning Kris…” *I’m right outside your apartment.*

“Oh okay… Wait a minute, I’ll be there…” and hung up.

Kris shook his head. ‘She’s the only girl who forgot that she has a date with me.’ he chuckled.

You slowly got out of bed and went to open the door. Kris stood like a model that jumped out of a magazine. He was perfect from head to toe. The tips of his brown hair sparkled. His face reflected the sunshine coming from the east. Neatly pressed white buttoned up shirt with sleeves folded up to his elbows and tucked in dark skinny jeans that hugged his long legs, paired with black high cut sneakers.

You rubbed your eyes at his glowing aura. ‘Woah~ He certainly lives up to be a hottie...’

“What’s the celebration?” you croaked.

Kris stared at you dumbfounded from head to toe. Messy bed hair, matching Hello Kitty pajamas and slippers. “You forgot didn’t you?” he asked.

You checked yourself for a bit and averted your eyes to his outfit. Then it hit you. Your eyes grew big and covered your mouth. “! OH.MY.GOD. I’m sorry… Come in!

You pulled him and shut the door behind you. “You stay here while I shower and change. Make yourself at home!” you yelled while running to your bedroom.

Sungmin came out dragging Stitch by the hand. He climbed up the couch and laid his head on Kris’ thigh. “Morning hyung~” he yawned and continued sleeping.

“Hey there buddy…” he chuckled upon seeing the plushie being squeezed in his petite arms. ‘They truly are siblings. So cute!’

Kris looked around the four corners of the apartment. It’s small and simple yet very warm. One long couch with a coffee table. A TV nestled in a rack with two picture frames beside it. One for her parents and another for the siblings where she was smiling brightly with her brother on his lap.  ‘I totally wouldn’t mind living here.’

After showering, you slipped an above the knee flowy skirt over a peach tank top and letting your hair down with soft curls at the end. You then hurriedly stuff a shoulder bag with your phone and some bills, and ran up to the closet and wore a floral wedge.

The doorbell suddenly rang so Kris carefully lifted Sungmin’s head and placed a cushion under it. He then stood to open door. “Ayo waddup Kreeaasse!” Chanyeol beamed. “Hyung! You owe us!” DO added.

“Ayo waasssuup!” they high fived and went in. The boys however suddenly stopped when they saw you striding towards them. “Oh hey guys, you’re here as well?” but they just stared at you.

“What?” you stopped and checked yourself out. “I think I should just change, then…”

You turned making Kris snap. He ran in front of you and held your shoulders. “Don’t! You’re beautiful and stunning… Let’s go?” you nodded with a blush.

“Damn! She gets hotter by the day.” Chanyeol whispered to DO. “WORD!!!”

Kris shot a glare to them when they started checking you out while their lips. They looked away and DO went to carry Sungmin up. “Sunmi-ah, don’t worry. We’ll take care of your brother. Have fun!”

“Komawo…” she smiled and walked ahead of Kris to the door.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol called and Kris turned. “Hwaiting!” he mouthed while raising a fist to him.

Kris just shook his head and waved at them.

----------

Kris and Sunmi stood awkwardly inside the elevator. Crickets were looming nearby and could already sing out a tune. She fanned herself while puffing her cheeks. ‘Why did it suddenly became hot? Aish~’

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Ermm… N-Neehhh…” she forced a smile. ‘It’s only 3 floors down but it's taking so damn long!’

‘Ding!’ the door opened and they both stepped out. They were greeted by a black Maserati. Kris walked ahead and opened the door for her. “What happened to your superbike?”

“Do you expect me to take you around with that? Please~” he smirked.

She rolled her eyes and went in followed by Kris who ran around on the driver seat. After he hopped in, he hovered in front of her to buckle her seatbelt. Their eyes met and he stared at her for a bit. ‘Damn, you’re so pretty!’

Sunmi pressed her head against the back rest and gulped. She held her breath while staring back at him. ‘Fix the goddamn belt already before you kill me!’

“I can’t lock your seatbelt coz your hand is on the latch…” he whispered.

“Oh! Sorry…” you then moved both palms on your thighs.

“There!” Kris blurted and sped off.

They reached the expressway moving further away from the city. She noticed the familiar path and landmarks thus didn’t question him anymore. Her phone however suddenly buzzed. She took it out and tapped the screen.

‘Have fun with Kris hyung. Remember what I told you the other night, let loose and enjoy. Okay? ^^ - Sehun ♥’

Kris noticed her smiling while texting. “Let me guess… Sehun?”

“Mhmmm…” she giggled and he rolled his eyes. ‘Why does it always have to be him? Damn it!’

‘Don’t worry, I will… Thanks! xoxo – Sunmi’ she replied.

She slid her phone back to her bag and straightened up with a smile on her face.

‘Why can’t you smile like that for me? URGGHH!’ He gripped the steering wheel and she can already hear the leather fabric against his skin.

“What’s wrong?” she noticed.

“Nothing. I just remembered something.” he forced a smile after.

“Ermmm… Kris?” she asked. “Hmmm?” he glanced at her for a bit.

“I’m sorry about this morning. It totally slipped my mind.” she looked down and fidgeted with her ring.

“It’s okay… I understand…” he then reached out his hand and slightly pinched her cheek.

The car stopped in front of a fancy restaurant where she and Luhan had dined. “Is this where EXO goes during a date?” she wondered.

“I dunno about them but you’re the only girl I brought here…” he then removed her seatbelt. “Let’s go!”

They walked into the restaurant. It still has the same romantic feel and peaceful ambiance when she last visited. The only difference is the centerpiece has been changed into buds of white roses in a short vase.

Kris pulled the chair for her and sat beside her after. “We’ll take your specialty for today’s lunch.” he told the waiter. “Right away, sir!”

“So while we wait for our food, let’s play a game.” he suggested.

Sunmi raised an eyebrow and clasped her hands together on the table. “Okay… What game?”

“It’s called Who Do I Like Most… I’ll say two names and you choose the one you like without hesitating…”

“Tch! This is easy!” she smirked. “Very well then… Let’s start!”

Kris placed his elbows on top the table and made his palms face her. “Baekhyun on my right… Kyungsoo on my left…”

“Kyungsoo!” she replied.

“Next round… Kyungsoo and Chanyeol…”

“Kyungsoo!” she grinned.

He scowled and dropped his hands on the table. “Yah! Is this because he takes care of Sungmin?”

“Obviously! Tch!”

Kris raised his hands again. “Kyungsoo and Luhan…”

Sunmi paused for a bit and he caught her blinking. “Ermm… Luhan…”

“Mwoh? Seriously?” he protested and she smiled. “W-Wae?” he asked.

“Coz he’s Jiyong oppa’s chingu and he didn’t threw a fit when he knew you guys tried to ruin our date.”

“Fine! Next is… Luhan and Sehun.”

Sunmi smirked. “Easy! Sehun of course!”

“I thought so… How bout Luhan and Jongin?”

She choked and took longer to answer this time. Thinking hard for a truthful answer was harder than she thought and she knew the game is about to get personal. “Ermmm… Jongin… “ she interrupted him when she saw his mouth about to open. “Don’t ask me why?” ‘Coz I dunno how to explain it when my heart was the one who gave that answer…’ she thought.

“Fine! Then what about… Luhan and Kris?” and she replied right away. “Kris!”

His face lip up and couldn’t stop the smile to show when she didn’t hesitate. “Don’t ask me why as well…” 'Coz it's just the same with Jongin!'

“Unfair!” he pouted but she just stuck her tongue out to him. He heaved a sigh and continued. “Sehun and Jongin!”

“Sehun!” she grinned. “Sehun and Kris!” he exclaimed.

“My Sehun, of course!” Kris rolled his eyes and crossed his arms on the table then sunk his face in it. “I shouldn’t have played this game. You only like Sehun… You only love Sehun… Aish!” he pulled a tantrum on her.

Sunmi chuckled and moved her chair closer to him. She crossed her arms on top of his shoulders and placed her chin on top it. “Kriiissss… That doesn’t mean I don’t like you guys… It just so happen that Sehun is ahead of you.”

He raised his head and pouted. “Really?” and she nodded. “You like me as well?

“Mhmmm… I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t!” she smiled and fixed his wrinkled hair. Kris straightened up “Pft! I knew anyway that Sehun will always be your favorite…” He then held her face with both hands. “Final question! How about... Jongin and Kris?” and her brain stopped.

In fact, not that just her brain but her surroundings as well. Even Kris remained frozen. The waiters, diners, locals who strolled outside, they all stopped moving. Had he asked her these question months ago, she would never hesitate to give an answer. But everything has changed ever since her hate for Kai faded away.

“Your food is ready, sir!” The waiter came and spoke to Kris bringing Sunmi back to reality.

“Let’s eat first… You can give me your answer, later.” he smiled and they ate.

Kris glanced at her to enjoy every moment with the only girl he ever wanted. But knowing that Kai will not give up is making it harder for him. ‘He’s my bestfriend, Sunmi… But I only want you!’

----------

After lunch, Kris and Sunmi decided to take a stroll around the small town. He laced their fingers together and would sometimes sway their arms. They stopped in front of a group of bboys who performed in the middle of the street.

Kris stood behind Sunmi and rested his chin on top of her shoulder while wrapping his arms around her slender waist. “Uwaaaaa~” she mused when a guy did some stunts.

Sunmi clapped to the beat of the music and cheered with the crowd. She tilted her head to the side and meet his eyes. “Did you see that? He’s really good.” she smiled.

“Mhmmm!” he replied. She went back watching the show but he remained studying her cheerful face. It reminded him of the night she sang on stage. No trace of pain just a simple girl beaming with joy. And without warning, he kissed her cheek.

Sunmi instantly touched the burning spot and turned to face him again. He was smiling from ear to ear and pecked her lips this time. She moved her hand to her lips and stared at him wide eyed.

“Aigooo… Such a lovely couple.” says a grandma beside them.

Kris lifted his head and bowed to her. “Annyeong haseyo.” he greeted.

“Take care of her coz she will give you unconditional love.”

“I will, halmeoni!” and she left.

After the performance, the group dispersed and they continued walking. Sunmi got tired so she sat on a swing upon reaching a park. “I shouldn’t have worn these killer wedges… Urgh!” she then massaged her calves.

She however noticed Kris got quiet and staring at a distance. “Hey… what’s wrong?”

Kris flinched “Huh? Ermmm…” He took a deep breath and glanced to her.

“I think I’m falling in love with you…”

What she felt in the restaurant came back to haunt her. Everything froze but this time Kris moved and kneeled in one leg in front of her. “I’ve honestly tried to let you go, even not to think of you. Believe me, I did! But I just can’t coz I don’t want to. Not now when I’m still strong to fall for you over and over again.”

She forced to raise her hand and touch his face. “Kris, do you realize what you are saying right now?”

“I do, Sunmi and I’m not asking you to do the same for me. I’ll wait for you until my heart stops beating…” he then hugged her. They remained on the swing in each other’s arms and took their time.

----------

“Boss, I’m watching Kris right now with his girlfriend!” says a man on a phone hiding behind a tree speaking in Japanese. *Really? Hmmm… Interesting...*

“They’re heading back to the city...” he added after seeing Kris giving Sunmi a piggyback to his car. *Just keep an eye on them…*

“Hai!” and he hung up.