Meet My Dongsaeng

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“Whattup Sunmi?” GD hollered while you work behind the counter.

“Hi oppa. I didn’t know you have a show tonight?” you asked.

“Last minute notice from Teddy hyung. Can I have 1 Cass beer please?”

“Sure! Lemme go get it…” you went to the fridge and handed him a bottle. “Here you go!”

GD then sat in a bar stool to watch you move around. He can see how tired you were. Bullets of sweat drip on your neck. Puffing cheeks when blowing out an air. Shoulders dropping yet showing the brightest smile in the whole club.

 “Sunmi-ah, come here! Take a break for a bit.” he tapped the empty stool beside him and you followed. “I think you should stop working already.”

“Oppa, you know I need this job. I’m saving up for college, remember?”

“Yeah, I know… But it’s taking a toll on you and I heard you’re tutoring EXO as well?” and you nodded. “When did it start? How was it?”

“Last week and it’s bearable. The guys are cooperative.” you smiled.

“How are you and Jongin?” you gulped at the sound of his name.

“Ermm… We’re civil… I just don’t want his dad making a big fuss that’s why I had to keep my distance.”

GD suddenly turned and faced you this time. “I have something to ask you. Don’t be mad okay?”

You raised an eyebrow after getting intrigued by his question. “Oooo-kay…”

“Are you dating anyone in EXO?” he asked. Your mouth fell while your eyes grew big. “EH??? Of course not! Well… Jongin asked me once but it never happened.”

“Ahh… You know what? You should spend more time with people your age. Go out! Have fun!”

“Oppa, are you sick?” you then touched his forehead but he shoved your hand away.

“I’m serious! You should do what normal teenagers do and I just happen to know how…” he grinned and jumped off the stool.

You were scratching your nape while making your way back to the counter. ‘He's getting weirder by the day.’

GD went up the stage to perform. The crowd was immediately pumped up after seeing him with music booming all over the club. He rapped, sang, and danced all at the same time. The cheers were as loud as the music and GD never stopped jumping around the stage.

“Uwaaaa~ Oppa is amazing. Daayuummm!” you exclaimed.

“Mhmm! Your brother is jjang!” Alex added.

Both of you watched him from the bar and bobbed your head with every beat and the sound of bass.

The music was toned down when GD grabbed the mic. “How y’all doing? Having fun?” he screamed.

“WOOOOOO!” the crowd responded.

“Yeaahh!!! I got something special for tonight. Y’all ready?” he pointed the mic to the crowd. “YEAAHHH!!!”

‘Special?’ you wondered and nudged Alex. “Sunbae, do you know what he’s talking about?” and he shrugged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJfelPRAe1E

The music thundered once again and GD started to rap. During the chorus however, a tall brown haired boy suddenly appeared on stage and danced alongside GD. His moves were perfect and flawless. Every transition was at point. He popped, locked and crumped. His hip s and body waves made the girls swoon.

“Sunbae, do you know him?” you asked Alex while looking at him. “Nope! This is the first time I saw him. He’s a really good dancer. Damn!” he praised.

GD and the boy moved together as one during the MJ part making the crowd go wild especially the girls. Upon nearing the end of the song, GD talked. “Thanks for all your support and before I leave, my boy right here has something for the ladies.”

He pointed to his special guest and left. The boy took his stance and another song played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iu2KbOHY9I

This time, his moves were intense, precise and accurate. He owned the stage like no other. Everyone was left breathless and speechless.  The spotlight over him deemed unnecessary since he was shining on his own. But however powerful the dance is, his face was calm and his body was graceful.

The crowd regained consciousness when the music stopped. Every one of them cheered and screamed for him. The girls were drooling while the boys were nodding in approval.

“So what do you think?” GD asked you after sitting on the bar.

You placed a glass of water in front of him “Daebak!” and showed him two thumbs up.

The boy left the stage after giving Teddy a high five and rushed to GD’s side. “Hyung! How did I do?”

‘They seem pretty close!’ you thought while watching them talk.

“You did great as always. Good job!” and gave each other a pound hug. “By the way, I want you to meet my sister.” he then pointed you.

“Sister? I never thought you have one.” he said and smiled at you. “Hi! I’m Luhan!” he then raised his hand towards you. ‘She’s pretty!’

“Annyeong haseyo… Sunmi imnida!” you shook his hand and bowed after. ‘He’s cute!’

He was breathtaking on stage but much more captivating up close. His slim face was undeniably faultless. Almond shaped eyes, fair white skin, thin and pink lips, well contoured jawline. ‘Wow, I feel so ugly right now…’

“Bro, I have two movie tickets right here. Will you take her out for me, please? She needs to relax and unwind.” GD blurted and you snapped back after staring at Luhan. “What??? OPPA!!!” you hissed.

“Sure!” Luhan replied without hesitating.

“I can't! I have to…” and GD interrupted you. “Andwae!” he stuck his tongue out to you and patted Luhan’s shoulder. “Take care of her, okay?”

“Neh!” he beamed.

“Oppa! Shireo!” you crossed your arms on your chest while pouting. “Bye sis! Holla at me, ay’t?” and GD left.

Luhan took a seat on one of the stools and placed the tickets in his jacket pocket. “If you don’t want to, it’s okay...” he smiled.

You felt guilty with the way he spoke. He was sincere and seemed like a nice guy. ‘Oh Lord, why am I stuck with brothers like Jiyong oppa and Sungmin? Aish!’

“Uhmm… I guess we can just go. I haven’t watched a movie for a long time now.”

“Really? Cool! I mean, cool because we’re going not because you haven’t been to for a while. You know what I mean?” he got excited that he spoke too fast making you laugh. “By the way, hand me your phone.” he added.

“My phone? Wae yo?”

“Just hand it over. Don’t worry, you can trust me.” and you placed your phone on his palm.

He also took out his phone and scribbled on them. “There you go! I have your number and you have mine. I’ll picking you up tomorrow.”

“But I have school and work tomorrow!”

“Let’s go out after school then and I'm pretty sure Jiyong hyung already talked to your uncle!” Luhan waved at you and left.

Everything happened so fast. First, GD told you that you were going out with his friend. Then, his friend gave you his number. And the next thing you know, someone else is picking you up at school. 'OMG, I think I'm going on a date tomorrow. Eotteoke...'

Just as you are about to end your shift, your phone buzzed.

‘It was nice meeting you, Sunmi. I’m looking forward seeing you again tomorrow. ^_^ - Luhan’

Your lips instantly curled up and your fingers did the talking.

‘Nice to meet you as well, Luhan-shi! – Sunmi’

Your phone however vibrated again. ‘LuLu or Luhan, will do… I like your earrings by the way. It looks good on you. Be careful on your way home and Good night!’

“Ehh?” you then touched your silver ‘S’ earrings which was a present from Teddy.

‘Thanks! Good night!’ you replied.