Love Me

Why Don't You...

A/N: Hey lovelies!! Here's another one-shot in my strings of one-shots attempt for EXO and this one features EXO-K's Kai innit! Have a pleasant read and comments are most welcomed and appreciated! Tell me what you think about this one okay? Plus, if you've time to spare, please do check out my other EXO one-shots;  Are You...Happy? (feat Luhan) and Are You Scared? (feat Xiu Min). Thank you for your time and for reading this. ^_^ *bows*

 

 

Bend...and snap! Dammit, I'd look like a total retard attempting that move.

Hip swivels, sticking out, round and probably soft to the touch, those full, luscious juicy maybe? lips twitching and smirking, smiles that coy smile; that probably got all the other smitten to the very core. And how those limbs moving so very fluidly, making that statement superfluous movement a bench mark that I think I may not be able to reach. 

Those dark manes, even if it is all messed up like a crazy manic, it still looked so damn beautiful, effortlessly.

 

Eye brows arched, inviting me to join in the session. I took off my black leather jacket, folding it into halves and left it on the long wooden bench by the red-bricked wall, leaving me in nothing but a white sleeveless tank top and my denim jeans. I slip out of my sneakers into my 6-inch heels and stepped up front, ready to execute my hopefully perfected craft; most of all, as sharp and precise as well as effortlessly feminine; as he did. 

That's why I'm all dressed up in this unusually short denim and white tank, just to get myself used to the even skimpier and much tighter stage outfit later. I am not some stripper, just that I have this competition that I'm participating and so happens that the song that I've chosen have a bit of y theme. That's how it went and came down to this. I am wishful that this outfit right now might help inspire me; igniting that little iness in me. Pfft..if I do have any. XD

Okay, maybe I won't let myself wear too skimpy of an outfit on the day itself. Perhaps a bit shorter than what I usually do, well, if my usual means wearing jeans all the time and never dresses or skirts is considered as non-short skimpy outfit that is. XD I'm just not those girly girl type, but that doesn't make me any less feminine in any sense.

 

'Ready?'

I nodded and focused onto our reflection on the mirrored wall in front of us. He pressed the small remote from his pocket and slid it back in. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I can do this! Can I? Yes!!

The music starts, loud as it fills the room with a catchy beat, 'One, two, three...-' he summoned and I followed suit, our movement in sync as we danced away, at the same time he monitors our moves from the mirror in front of us. I can see him smiling at me in the mirrors' reflection; a sign of approval of my execution.

The less than 90 seconds of song stops much sooner than I wanted to. 'We'll try again, and this time, I want you to feel it, own it and give your own flavors to it. I don't want some stiff and robotic dance. If I did, I'd ask you to pop and lock, better yet, I'd do them myself. Okay? Clear?' he gave his comments. He was right; I was a bit stiff and a bit robotic when I danced earlier. Maybe I was too focused on the steps afraid that I may mess any. But that would be of a rarity cause I've had this practiced more than a month and a half now, just for this one snippet of a song. 

 

'Zoe~~~~' he called my name sing-songly pulling me back to reality. I nodded curtly.

'Atta girl,'

I can do this! Yes! I can!

We danced again to the same beat, the same routine and doing it on a repeat, till I don't know how many rounds we've been doing it. 

'Okay, let's take five, or make it ten,' he pressed the remote and the song softens, now playing on a lower volume. I retreat to the bench and took out my water bottle, wets my throat with the cool water. I walked around the dance studio, to ease off the sweaty feeling beading on my skin. I came back to the bench and wipe myself with the small towel from my bag.

'You've improved a lot,' he commented and left the room, to God knows where. He had left the small remote the on the bench. I took it in my hand and pressed the 'VOLUME +' button and then the repeat mode. I continued to practice, by myself even though I was supposed to be taking a break. I don't want to slack off, since the day of competition is just two days away. I don't want to have any regrets and thus I must practice while I still have the time to do so.

 

After too many repeats, I finally push the stop button and leaned my body against the wall. My feet are killing me, and wearing these high heels is making it even worse. I took my water bottle and small towel that I have placed earlier on the floor and sat in the middle of the dance studio. Thus, I decided to lie down instead.

'Ahh...this feels so nice' I spoke, feeling elated just by lying down and having a breather. I place the small towel over my face, planning to take a nap, perhaps, since he is not back yet. It is passed 10 minutes, the last I look at my watch. He must have had something that he needs to take care.

'Zoe~~' I heard my name called. 'Mmm' I'm dreaming, and in my dream I was eating vanilla ice cream. But why does this ice-cream feels so...warm?

I opened my eyes and to my surprise, he is standing above me while looking down at me; smiling. 'K-Kai!?' I think my voice was suddenly pitching up. Surprised? Yeah I was. But he looked so calm. 'Zoe, get up. Enough dreaming, we need to continue practice. You can continue that dream of yours when the competition is over,' 

I got up and felt my lips. Warm ice-cream? What on earth? It occured to me, how did my small towel got off my face?

~

'One more time,' the song blast in the air and I danced again, but this time... 'Kai-ssi? You're not-?'

'No. I wanna see YOU dance. You're the one who's competing right? Not me. So I wanna see how you'll do. Let's just pretend that I'm the judge,' he suggested and took a chair and placed it in front, a couple of feet away from me. 

! How am I going to dance if he's looking at me like that???! This is not making things easy! I swear to God, that for a brief second that Kai was winking at me! I shook my head. No, I'm seeing things.

The music started and I just did what I was asked to do; dance but was cut off not even after 5 seconds into the song. 'What?' I asked, unsure what went wrong because as far as I know, I am dancing the right routines.

 

'You're back to being stiff again!' he shouted, startling me, only to realize it himself and apologize. I really didn't mind, I mean, he must be pretty tired and I'm messing up again isn't making things any better.

'Can I just pretend that you're not there?' he was taken aback, disappointed I must say, it shows on his face, but I defended myself and I wanted to let him know it was not a bad thing; my suggestion.

'It is just that, I feel awkward...- I- or can I pretend that you are Mochi?' I stammered and he gave me that weird look.

'Mochi? What is, I mean who is Mochi? Your boyfriend or something?' he asked, now getting curious from the looks of his eyes. But, there's something else apart from curious that I don't quite understand.

'Yeah, sort of,' I simply replied. 'And he always watch me dance, all the time, in my room,' I add resulting a very gloomy Kai. 

I took the hint that maybe he was not interested in listening to personal stuff, thus I restart, this time, making sure I don't mess up. I am glad that somehow by the end of the dance, Kai smiled, applauding, suddenly pushing the foldable metal chair aside so hard it crashed to the brick wall.

'Dance like you would to Mochi, and I'll improvise, us together,' he said, or more like commanded, like a BOSS as he searched through the list of songs, and came a song by Beyoncé, which is one of my favorite. I used to dance silly for Mochi to this song, but I also learned a bit from watching Beyoncé's video for the routine to this song.

 

To my surprise, Kai danced along, with me, improvising my moves so that it would match him and the song, all the while whispering the words of the songs in a husky voice. 'Why don't you love me, baby...Why don't you love, when I make me so damn easy to love-...' he said it to me as if meaning them, word by word and he was so close to my face that I had to back away.  Let's admit this. He sounded so y I swear to God it made me feel weird! Really weird! But a really good kind of weird! The kind that makes you wanna go and grab somebody or something random and kiss it hard!

What on earth has Kai done to me and my system?? O_O And did I mentioned that he was dancing WITH me or was it TO me? WITH me, in a very intimate way like I've never seen him do in any other dance class or with other dance partner! I'm just delusional right? I mean, this is Kai we're talking about. Me, I am just another girl who's into dancing as much as he does, but Kai is definitely without a doubt a much more talented dancer than I am.

I landed back to reality when a softness feeling lands onto my....lips! Kai...My body is leaning slightly backward, I could feel Kai's hands held me tight preventing me from falling; his face was very close to mine, our nose touches and heck! Our lips too!

 

KAI KISSED ME?!!?!?!?!? What?!!

 

My eyes widened as he tear himself off of me, 'K-Kai? What are you doing?' 

'What does Mochi have that I don't? Am I not good enough? Why do you have to feel awkward when you're dancing in front of me and not Mochi?' he bombarded me with all these questions that clearly caught me off guard. His voice, he was exaspterated? About Mochi? 

He pulled me up, we're now standing awkwardly facing each other, and I had to look elsewhere since Kai was looking at me! No, let me correct that, he was staring at me!

 

'Tell me, what is it about Mochi that makes you love him so much?' he asked even more, demanding, still unsatisfied that I had left his earlier questions unanswered.

'Well-...' I walked away from him towards my bag and stashed my stuff into it including my high heels and slip my feet back into my comfy sneakers and zipping the bag close.

'Mochi is very cute, very playful, very attentive towards me, can be very funny and amusing at times, but some other times he can be pretty lazy, and would laze around at home or in my bed and mess my things up. But still I love him,' we walked out of the studio, into the quiet hallway. There's no class today, so it's just Kai and me, using one out of the many dance studio.

'Basically you're saying you love this lazybum? What does he have that I don't?' Kai sounds like he's into my case pretty much asking all these stuff. What's with this guy? I thought guys couldn't care less about girls' personal stuff that much.

'He's a lazy bum, but yeah, I love him to bits!' I smiled at the thought of Mochi and his cuteness, but Kai here, is cuter! Mochi, mianhae (sorry).

 

'What does Mochi have that you don't?' I repeat the question he asked me and looked at him, anticipating my answer. I went on as Kai walks beside me.

'Well, Mochi has this very cute smile, but it is only for me and my mother, he doesn't like my father that much, he likes girls better. Plus, he's got that very soft and fluffy fur and his cute pointy ears, ahhh....I love sleeping with him all cuddled up next to me!! He felt so squishy and squishy is nice, but his fur can be troublesome when it comes to cleaning my bed, and Mochi purrs cutely too! Nyan!' I exclaimed, imitating the sound of Mochi's purr. 

'He sleeps with you!? Your parents let him sleep with you??!?! Wait, furry and pointy ears? What is Mochi exactly? A cat?' Kai's sudden realization was hilarious; I had to hold myself from laughing. I nodded when he asked me again about Mochi being a cat.

'So Mochi is a cat? Your boyfriend's a cat??? Are you even normal?' he asked and the just happy me turned into a sulky me by his last statement about me being normal.

'So what if he is a cat? At least he won't break my heart like a real human guy would, well, unless mom bought him that female cat we saw at the pet shop the other day, but anyways, I am normal okay! And sorry if you find a girl pretending her cat as her boyfriend is freaky. So what?' I was hurt and angry.

 

I walked ahead of him, angry and pretty much affected by his words maybe, because I like him? Yes, I like Kai, who wouldn't? Girls in the other dance classes drool over him, including me, yours truly Zoe. >_<

'So, what about me? Am I not good enough? Why don't you love me? Or do I have to be a kitty for you too?' I was speechless listening to Kai's confession. I was caught off guard when he jumps in front of me, bending a little so that we're eye-to-eye level, hate him for being too tall. Kai had both his hands on his head, where the palm of his hand curved in a little, imitating cats' ears and purr at me 'Nyan!'

'Kyaaa!!! Cute Kitty!!' I as if by reflex squeezed his cheeks like I would always do to Mochi and did the unthinkable....I kissed Kai on the lips, like I would do to Mochi! But this time, this kitty named Kai, kissed me back, which is something I would never get from Mochi. 

Nyan!! ^__^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Here's what Kai would look like if he had kitty ears, ^_^...imagine him, impersonating a kitty with his hand over his head like a cats' ears...nyan!!!! XDDD

 

 

Kawaii deshou? Un! Cho kawaii, ano neko mimi!