2 - I'm the king of the world!

TITANIC (EunHae Version)

Fiction betta'ed by Myeol-Chii

 

Chapter 2

The morning was ending and everyone was still unpacking and resting so the ship’s deck was pretty much desert, especially the bow and rudder’s zone where only the captain and some crew’s officials were walking around. The weather was really nice and the sea was perfect for sailing.

 

Ireland was an image in the back and there was nothing in front but Ocean.

The captain of the ship was on the deck above, looking at the bow with a smile on his face. The ship was a success and there were only motives to be proud.

“Take her to sea, Mister Murdock. Let’s stretch her legs.” The commandant ordered with a smile to the sub captain who had joined him.

“Yes, sir.” The young man left the balcony zone and made his way to the ship’s wheel, ordering the other officials.

“All ahead full, Mister Moody.”

“Very good, sir.” The official made his way to the engines of information to the machinery compartment, rolling the maniple to the «FULL» section.

A few feet below the machinery compartment received the information, quickly accomplishing the request.

“All ahead full! Come on, lads, step lively.”

The employees and engineers were quick, despite young - already used to the procedures. Opening the air compressors for the coil bobbins and sending information for the boiler section below them.

“All right, let’s stoke her right up! We go full ahead!” the boilers’ superior yelled to the workers. The boilers were hot, dark and full of fuzz and smoke; the sweating men sending coal to the boilers.

The steam pressure was leaning up in the readers, the huge controllers of the propellers speeding up and fast.

Bellow, in the water, the propellers were starting to work with full speed, cutting the water without mercy.

Donghae and Fabrizio were having fun on the deck, running to the head of the ship, right against the fence while the ship sailed faster and faster trough the ocean.

 “21 knots, sir.” The first official informed the captain who was still in the same spot, appreciating the ship. The man only smiled widely in acknowledgment.

The ship was truly a success.

 

Donghae and Fabrizio were appreciating the ocean, leaning over the bow’s fence when the Asian boy got sight of something in the water.

What the hell was that? It was fast indeed, swimming right in front of the sharp iron head, cutting the water with speed.

Oh.

Oh god.

 

It was… Dolphins.

 

“Oh look, look, look!” Donghae screamed excited, pointing to the ocean right next to the front of the ship. He could spot at least four dolphins; one of them emerging quickly from the water. “See it?” he asked sharing a look with the Italian guy.

“There’s another one. See them?” he continued pointing to the animals with excitement, his words being rushed almost on an unintelligible way. He loved dolphins but he had never seen them in the open sea. He loved all sea animals but had only seen dolphins this close inside maritime books, he had never actually seen one this close on open water.

This was amazing.

 

He felt freer than ever at this moment and that was priceless.

 

“Look at that one! Look, look at that jump!” he yelled when one of the dolphins jumped high, tearing the water apart like a professional. The boys laughed and screamed with the perfect performance of high jumps and quick swimming until the animals decided to rest and swam away from the ship to Deep Ocean; The captain of the ship drinking tea still in the same place, the passengers resting and spending time around the ship and every worker making the ship faster and faster; everyone completely unaware of such maritime happenings in the bow of the ship.

Donghae climbed the fence a little, grabbing the master rope to get a full view of the ocean. He could only see ocean and no ship at all.

It was like he was flying; the adrenaline running his body along with genuine happiness.

 

He loved to feel this completely free.

 

Best feeling he could ask for.

 

“I can see the statue of liberty already.” Fabrizio shared in a matter of fact tone. “Very small, of course…” he explained with a smile, making Donghae laugh. The boy stared at the sea and without any warning started screaming like a mad man.

“I’M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!” Donghae yelled with all his lungs. “Wohoo!! Uh uuuh!!”

Fabrizio followed the hint, screaming just because, alongside with his best friend.

Donghae yelled, laughed and howled like a wolf, the breeze touching his skin in soft whispers. The weather was perfect, just like his life right now.

***

The afternoon was shinning and slightly warm, the first class buffet was slowly getting full with people expecting to have a small moment of talk and tea.

Lee Hyukjae was with his mother, fiancée and her brother taking a break with some of those responsible for the ship’s design and construction. A fat woman with a gentle heart and enthusiastic ways was also sharing some time with them. People called her Molly Brown and apparently her husband had struck gold, somewhat out west… She was, as his mother called her, new money.

He couldn’t care less but his mother was always that y kind of rich people he could not stand. He loved her but if she wasn’t his mother, he wouldn’t stand her.

 

“She’s the largest moving object ever made by the hand of man in all history.” Mister Ismay said with a proud smile half covered by his delicate mustache. He was the one responsible for the ship’s idea. “And our Master shipbuilder – Mister Andrews here - designed her from keel to top.” He smiled and Mister Andrews, a good looking man in his early forties with light brown hair half grizzled and light colored eyes, smiled back.

“I may have knocked her together but the idea was Mr. Ismay’s...” he shared rising his cup of wine in the man’s direction; his all being shinned. Mr. Andrews was that kind of person that just looked nice and sweet all along, period. “He envisioned a steamer so grand in scale and so luxurious that its supremacy would never be challenged… And here she is!” he smiled knocking the table’s wood. “Willed into solid reality.”

Hyukjae nodded lighting a cigarette. He knew his mother didn’t like it but was he going to light it if she did? He didn’t even like to smoke.

He wanted to make his mother understand that she was not alone when not caring about her family’s feelings.

“Hyukjae… You know I don’t like that.” She intervened with a fake smile and strong English accent, leaning closer to him. He faced her, feigning confusion.

“What, mother?” he asked innocently and throwing smoke at her direction, forcing her to move back. Bouquet sighed taking the cigar from his lips.

“He knows…” he answered on his advantage and stubbed out the small thing. The waiter stopped next to the blonde young man. “Oh, me and Emily will both have Green cold tea and we’re having some sea salad to go along with, right, honey? Oh and Hyukjae here too.” He shared with knowledge hurrying the man away. Emily smiled since his brother knew her likings and she was used for him to choose for her anyway. Hyukjae in other hand was swallowing hard, trying to keep his composure.

“You don’t want to impose my choice, do you, Hyukjae?” Andrew gave a quick look at the redhead who forced a smile, failing completely at not looking angry.

Molly Brown eyed the trio with attention.

“Is your brother marring with both of you two also, Emily?” she laughed making the girl smile and blush.

“Apparently…” Hyukjae muttered to himself too low for someone to hear.

“So, who thought of the name Titanic? Was it you, Bruce?” she eyed Mister Ismay with a knowing smile. 

“Yes, actually.” The man shared all full of himself “I wanted to convey cheer size. And size means stability… Luxury… And above all: strength.”

Hyukjae eyed the man trying not to laugh at the ridiculousness.

“Do you know of Dr. Freud, Mister Ismay?” he defied turning to the man. Ismay curved an eyebrow not understanding the sudden question. “His ideas about the male preoccupation with size might be of your particular interest.”

The whole table discreetly laughed in exception of Mr. Ismay, Andrew Bouquet and Mrs. Lee.

“What’s gotten into you?” the Asian woman demanded, irritated but always composed as a person of high social status should be.

“Excuse me.” Hyukjae asked, sick of pretending he was okay, and stood up leaving the table.

“I do apologize.” His mother shared with a nervous smile. Molly Brown smiled.

“You have quite a man there, don’t you? I see you have a good eye for them.” The brown haired woman winked to Emily who discreetly laughed.

“I’m very sorry, he never behaves like this.” The woman smiled and Molly eyed her confused.

“Never behaves like this. Darling, is he your son or your dog? Let the boy breathe.”

“He’s just nervous for the marriage lately. I’ll go get him.” Andrew sighed and stood up.

 

“Freud, who is he? Is he a passenger on board?” Mister Ismay asked still thinking about Hyukjae’s words.

 

***

The Third class’ deck right in the ship’s was shinning with the evening’s sun, an old man grabbing his grandchild against the fence and pointing to the sea, telling the child stories about the ocean and the sailors. The young girl was laughing in happiness as the man hold her in his embrace.

Donghae stared at them, portraying every feeling in the portrait of the two people on his old paper with just a piece of charcoal, forgetting completely about Fabrizio, who was sitting right next to him and talking with a guy he had just met.

“The ship is nice.” The Italian commented and the guy agreed in the second.

“Yeah, it’s an Irish ship.”

“Is no English?”

“No! It was built in Ireland. 15,000 Irish men build this. Solid as a rock. Big Irish hands.” He cleared as first class passengers passed them with their dogs.

“Oh that’s typical.” He hissed stealing Donghae’s attention, which looked at the expensive dogs with a smug. “First class dogs came down here to take a .”

“Let us know where we rank in the scheme of things.” Donghae eyed him with a smile. The blonde man with a large face and curly hair, laughed.

“Like we could forget…” He left the cigar on his hand resting in his lips and shook both guys’ hands.

“I’m Tommy Ryan.”

“Donghae.”

“Fabrizio.”

“Do you make any money with your drawings?” the Irish young man inquired but Donghae was not listening anymore. His attention was completely drawn away, far to the first class’ deck above them right in the fence to his deck below where a new arriver had stopped, the sunset firing his light red hair and white skin. He had a dark gray simple suit and he was tall and very elegant. But what caught Donghae’s attention was his face. He had a sad look, almost arrogant that was completely intriguing.

His eyes had a sharp asian cut very different from his own. Donghae had round eyes with his edge cut in a common asian feature but almost pointed down turning him quite occidental in a way. The unknown boy, on his hand, had his eyes’ edges cut up with single eyelids just like a feline. His eyes were large but sensual as a cat. They were beautiful and so sad at the same time… He could drown in those eyes.  

And his lips… They were puffy and cherry colored with a perfect contour.

The boy was completely exotic and handsome.

He was one of the most beautiful men Donghae had ever seen and he could totally imagine losing himself in those contours and drawing them exactly, never able to make justice to such beauty.

He wanted to draw that person.

Damn, he wanted to fall in love with that person.

The stranger eyes met his for a moment and he saw the redhead wince, slightly uncomfortable, trying to pretend he hadn’t had a creep staring at him. Yeah, Donghae knew he was being a creep but he couldn’t care less.

It was the guy’s fault that he was so handsome and Donghae was like a little child, almost innocent while having no problems about staring at something he liked.

Still, he saw the guy looking at him a few times, quite interested and confused at the same time and that made him squeal inside like a lover boy.

“Oh… Forget it boy’o. That class is not for your eyes…” he heard the Irish guy laugh.

He saw Fabrizio’s hand waving in front of his face, trying to catch his attention and the Italian’s laugh was clear but he couldn’t bring himself to stop staring at that small god on earth.

Maybe Greeks were not delusional. Maybe gods had children with humans.

He was sure that guy was a mutant of those.

And that was when his heart sank, watching an unknown blonde guy grab his small god by his elbow and arguing discreetly with him. He couldn’t hear them but their faces were not happy. The redhead shoved his hand away and answered something, obviously not amused. Then he was gone, walking back the inside of the ship and leaving the fence empty, the blonde guy after him.

Yeah, apparently he wasn’t a happy guy.

Donghae wanted to make something. He wanted to see the boy’s smile. He bet it was beautiful… He wanted to know him.

“You know… You’d as like have angels flying out of your as get next to the likes of him.”

Donghae looked at the new guy, coming back to his senses.

“What? Oh, no, it’s not that!”

“Hei, no judging. All god’s children.” He smiled and Donghae sighed looking at his drawing.

“I just really would love to draw him…”

“Yeah, right, love bird.” The Irish man teased and Fabrizio laughed, both ignored by the blonde still lost in those sad eyes so present in his memory. 

---------------------

 

Oh Donghae... You trully are a lover boy! :b eheh

Hei again! So one week later I'm back. Sorry for the boring chapter, I dont want to lose the historic beauty of Titanic :b I dont know anything about ships, this is an Odyssey x) Next chapter things will get better! ~~

I think I'm going to try and update once a week since my laptop's internet acess is minimal and this way I can try and write a chapter of this per week. 

Thank you so much all of you who read and comment! That means a lot! I'm only not that surprised with all this subs cause I know you're all my YT subs :b I'm so excited I can entertain you with my writing as long as with my videos ^^ Sorry for not answering comments (hard to do that on my cellphone but I read all of them on it)

Thank you to Meol-chi for offering to help me with proof-read.  And thank you for shiningocean92 for the great critic :b For you and all who asked, I repeat! The end is a secret! I know you dont want them to die but I cant promisse anything, what's the fun of knowing the end? :3

I'm writing a lot more EunHae stuff  (one shots and fics - and alert for - I'm a ert person) so keep an eye on my channel! I also update all that stuff on my twitter! @kimurapd

tumblr_m65383CZp91qai97r.gif