Chapter 4: Day One Part Three

Through Crystalline Skies

Taeyeon's POV

She tenses visibly at the question. It's amusing to watch her stammer.

"Well? Who's your favorite member?" I ask again, in as nice a tone I can muster after watching her semi-flirt with Fany a few minutes ago. Who does she think she is? Flirting with MY FANY!?...Did I just...again?...Damn...control your thoughts, Taeyeon! You must not feel anything for any of the members. My eyes lock with Hayley's and I smile. 

"Uhhh...I love all of you?" Her unsure tone doesn't help her case. We step closer, our smiles plastered on our faces.

"Who do you love the most?" I ask. She takes a step back.

"I can't choose."

"But if you had to?" Tiffany urges. Hayley gives her a pleading look.

"I-I c-can't." 

"But if your life depended on choosing one of us, who would you choose as your favorite member?" I say stepping closer to her. Her life really does depend on her choosing one of us at this point. I feel guilty for bullying such a nice teenage girl, but the green-eyed monster within me has no qualms about doing so. 

"Doesn't my life really depend on answering this though?" She asks and I try to hold my curiousity. She's a lot more perceptive than I gave her credit for. Even so, she doesn't have a clue about my feelings for Fany...does she? I feel uneasy.

"Unnies, shouldn't we stop this? She won't be able to enjoy this time with us if we scare her." Says Seohyun, our poor,weak-hearted maknae. I often question her soft spot for Yoona. There isn't anything that Seohyun won't let Yoona get away with nowadays. I got scolded and told that I was going to die the second I picked up the hamburger our Manager Oppa got me. However, Yoona ate 4 hamburgers, 2 orders of fries, and still managed to fit an ice cream cone, but Seohyun didn't even silently shake her head in disapproval like she does with Sooyoung. As a naturally suspicious person, I suspect that I'm not the only one struggling to keep the promise. 

"Okay, fine. As soon as she answers the question we'll leave her alone." Yuri responds. Hayley smiles and nods, having made her decision. Though I hate to admit it, I'm waiting eagerly for my name.

"My bias is...Sooyoung Unnie." We all nod and only Sooyoung squeals and picks her up. 

"Jinjja!?" She asks Hayley while spinning her. Hayley laughs.

"Deh." She answers with the brightest smile I'd seen on her face so far. Sunny growls beside me and walks up to Sooyoung.

"YAH! PABO!" She slaps Sooyoung upside the head and Sooyoung puts Hayley down, mumbling something about losing brain cells. She turns around angrily.

"What did I do now, Soonkyu!? Are you jealous? Do you wanna be picked up too?" Sunny is about to spit a comment back at Sooyoung, but she picks Sunny up, throwing her torso over her sholder and holding her much like one would hold a sack of potatoes. "Happy!?"

"YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG! PUT ME DOWN!" 

"Make me!" Sooyoung says, spinning around while keeping a tight hold on Sunny. Sunny squirms, screams, and hits Sooyoung, but the younger girl refuses to let go. Hayley watches the two carefully, and then smiles. 

"Sooyoung Unnie." Sooyoung turns around and looks at the teenager.

"I think you should put Sunny Unnie down." Sooyoung grumbles and sets Sunny down on the floor. Her face is red from all of the blood that rushed to her head.

"Choi Sooyoung, our room! Now!" 

"Eh!? We haven't assigned rooms yet! Why do I have to sleep in the same room as you?" Sooyoung asks. I realize that she's right. I put a hand over Sunny's mouth before she has the chance to make a spiteful remark about Sooyoung and address the rest of the gang, Hayley included.

"How should we decide the room placements?"

"Kai Bai Bo?"

"Ani. We have five rooms. Any other ideas?"

"Drawing room numbers from a hat?" Hayley suggests, pulling a cap out of her bag. 

"Seems like a good idea. If you don't like your roommate, I suggest you deal with it." I cut up the piece of paper and write room numbers on each of the papers before folding them and placing them inside the hat. "You pick first, Hayley." She nods and pulls out the piece of paper.

"I think we should just open them all at the same time." She says. I pass the hat around and pick out the last piece of paper, hoping it's Fany.

"Okay, reveal them in...5...4...3...2...1...reveal!" The two people in the first room were Yuri and Jessica. Then in the second room it was Sooyoung and Sunny. We all snicker at Sooyoung's annoyed expression. Third was Yoona and Seohyun. Fourth was Hyoyeon and Tiffany- much to my dismay. Hayley and I chose the number 5, which meant she was my roommate. Not that I'm complaining. I can keep an eye on her this way. "Alright, now that we have the room assignments, let's unpack."

"I'm hungry." Sooyoung says under her breath and I chuckle.

"I'll buy you whatever you want if you unpack everything neatly and quickly." She nods her head at the speed of light and then rushes off into the second room, dragging an irritated Sunny behind her. We all separate and go into our own rooms.

I unpack my clothes and place them neatly in the drawers or hang them in the closet.

"Unnie." I turn around and see Hayley lying down on her bed with her feet dangling at the edge.

"Hmm?" I ask, continously placing folded undergarments in my dresser.

"You like Tiffany Unnie, don't you?" I freeze and drop the underwear in my hand. ! OH MY GAWWWD! WHAT DO I DO!?!? Play it cool, Taeyeon!

"Locksmith, ey? Sorry, but TaeNy doesn't exist." I say and bend over to pick up my . I fold them and place them in the drawer before turning around and meeting her eyes. 

"I see. Sorry. I wasn't thinking when I said it." I nod and turn back to my open suitcase. "Taeyeon Unnie."

"Yes?"

"How long have Yoona Unnie and Seohyun Unnie been dating?"

"Mwo? They aren't." I slide the suicase under the bed and join her on her bed. I take a seat beside her and notice that her eyes are closed. She must be tired.

"Jinjja-yo? I guess I just imagined it." I chuckle dryly. Great. She's coupling us up already. "Unnie."

"What is it?"

"Why was Hyoyeon Unnie red when I woke up?"

"Mwo? Ah~ It's because she gave you the medicine and water with ." 

"Eh!?"

"Yeah, she said we were running out of time and decided to just transfer it that way." I shrug. 

"Hmm." She sighs. 

"Wae?"

"It's a pity that I don't remember it. I wish I did." 

"Why? Isn't it weird to kiss another girl?"

"Not at all. I'm not interested in girls, but to each their own. I don't care what other peoples' preferences are."

"Then...why do you want to remember it?"

"Hmm...don't know. Maybe because a SNSD member kissed me. I think anyone would want to remember that." She replies pensively. 

"Why?"

"Think about it this way: one of my greatest idols kissed me. It's like a Justin Timberlake fan recieving a kiss from him or a Mila Kunis fan getting one from her. It's supposed to be unforgettable." I nod even though she can't see it, but it seems like she knows that I did.

"I understand. Well, you should try to squeeze in a nap before the food Sooyoung ordered gets here. You look tired."

"Thank you for your concern, but I could eat a horse right now." We laugh.

"Darn. My roommate's a shikshin." She opens her eyes and sits up.

"I've only eaten hospital food my entire life. I'm going to eat everything I see." Her smile doesn't fade, but a tinge of sadness is present in her eyes. It must have been painful.

"Alright then, let's buy you anything and everything!" I jump up and pull her with me. She laughs and then I start doing a dorky dance. I was wrong to let my jealousy get the best of me. She's been through so much and all I want to do is help. She joins in on the dance and we start laughing so hard I don't even know what's going on anymore. 

"Unnie!"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." I smile and continue the dance before I feel arms wrap around me. My heart beat quickens.

"Taeyeon-ah, what are you two doing?"

"Just dancing."

"Wae?" Her giggle drives me nuts. It's adorable yet I can't say anything.

"No reason." Hayley says as she walks over to the door. "Unnie, is dinner ready?" Tiffany nods and lets me go. 

"Oh yeah, that's what I came to say. Taeyeon-ah, the delivery guy says you owe him 100,000 won." 

"EH!?"

------------

Cruddy chapter...sorry...anywaaaay...Thank you for reading and please let me know what you think about the chapter. I originally wasn't going to make this fic long, but I might have to if I end up writing 4 chapters for every day that goes by in this thing...XD