XXXIV

Springfield

“In fact, everything here is laced with the stuff.” B-Bomb grimaced at the thought and threw the cup down onto the ground before stomping on it. He obviously didn’t care about the mayor enough to not litter in the man’s house.

“Acorn what?” You questioned with a blank stare.

“Aconitum. Aconite. Aconitum napellus. Though another name for it that you've probably heard from watching television is Wolfsbane. It’s like poison to your werewolf friends. It weakens them. If humans eat this stuff, it circulates throughout the body.” He said as he flicked one of the cookies on the table with his finger. It flipped over at his action and his frowned deepened, “Because of what happened during the last full moon, the mayor is making sure the next werewolf to go chewing on people barely survives the encounter.”

You didn’t like the sound of that, “That’s why Sungyeol didn’t want to eat anything.” You mumbled. He must’ve sniffed it out of the food because he rejected your offer for a drink multiple times. Of course, you didn’t want to eat or drink without him so you kept your hands off of the refreshment table as well.

“Well, the fact that the werewolves didn’t tell you means they have no intention of eating you right away.” B-Bomb turned to you and put on a sarcastic smile, “Lucky you huh?”

You were angry immediately at that. Then, your mind went blank. You blinked a few times at him. He was acting strangely. “What’s with you? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?” You asked.

His fake smile turned to a frown, “Something like that,” He muttered below his breath.

“B-Bomb.”

You both turned to the deep voice that called him. It was P.O with Jaehyo following close behind. They froze in place when they saw you. Immediately, their eyes turned to B-Bomb accusingly.

“You two make it seem like I’m talking to the devil’s mistress.” B-Bomb joked as he walked over to join them.

P.O stared at you for a while. In fact, he didn’t take his eyes off of you. Though it was true that you were the devil’s mistress in Zico’s eyes, he couldn’t help but feel differently. He still remembered that girl who slept defensively in front of him and woke up with a silly confused face. He couldn’t bring himself to feel the same way Zico did. His gut and his heart were telling him so. His head however knew better, he had to be loyal to Zico. Loyal to the hunters. No matter what his brain thought however, his next words still rolled off of his tongue quicker than he could stop them.

“If you need me.” P.O turned to B-Bomb and nodded, “Need us. Don’t hesitate to call.” Jaehyo looked at the both of them like they were crazy. At this point, that idea was closer to the truth than it seemed. He shook his head in frustration and nudged the two of them.

“Whatever, let’s just go.” He said to them before turning and walking away. P.O and B-Bomb followed but each gave you supportive glances before doing so.

As soon as they were out of sight, you let out a breath of relief. A smile came to your face at the fact that you just made a new friend. By friend you meant there was actually a person who didn’t hate your guts or want to kill you.

“You’re smiling a lot today.” Someone called from your left. You quickly stumbled backwards from the voice, your eyes getting wide. You were surprised to find Sunggyu at the window. It had been awhile since you had been alone with him but luckily that didn’t last long. Soon people started to enter the house again while most stayed outside and mingled. “The opening ceremony is over.” He informed you.

You walked to the window and frowned as you looked around, “I missed it?” He nodded in confirmation.

“Sure did.” You heard a voice from behind Sunggyu. Woohyun walked into view next to Sunggyu. “Though you didn’t miss much. You should come outside, Sungyeol and the others are out here.” Woohyun suggested to you; noticing the fact that you and Sungyeol had been completely attached to each other earlier. You went to get to the back door only to be stopped by Woohyun. “What are you doing? Just jump down.”

You eyed him then exchanged glances with Sunggyu. “You’re kidding right?” You asked, suspicious.

“Nope, come on.” Woohyun gestured you to jump with his open palm. You glared at him with a face that made him unable to retain his smile. “Right here.” He patted onto his chest with his hands and smiled up at you.

You rolled your eyes and scooted onto the window sill. You gave Sunggyu a look before pushing yourself off of the sill and falling out of the window. You were caught by a pair of arms that seemed stronger than you had thought they would be. You turned to find Sunggyu looking back at you. Woohyun stared at the two of you, not sure when you became best friends all of a sudden. “Thank you.” You told Sunggyu as he set you down onto the ground.

He didn’t say anything as he readjusted his tie and cleared his throat. With that last gesture he walked back to the party. Woohyun was looking at you with narrowed eyes. “What?” You asked him as you smoothed out the ends of your dress.

“Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Hoya, and now Sunggyu. I didn’t know humans were okay with the whole idea of multiple boyfriends.”

You went tense at that, “You all are not my boyfriends. What? I can’t be nice to them? They trust me just as much as you do but I can’t give them that same treatment back?” You defended.

He stuck his hands in his pockets and leaned over down to your eye level. A frown was on his face as his eyes met yours. “That’s right.” He said matter-of-factly. You opened your mouth to retort but you couldn’t think of anything to say. Instead, he huffed at you and walked off, leaving you by yourself.

You entered the crowd of people in the backyard and found yourself being drawn to the dining table outside without wanting to. You held back but that didn’t stop you from staring at the food with lusting eyes.

“You must be Hyunjoo.” A slightly crackle of a voice came from your right. You turned to find an older woman with a polka dotted dress on and pearls around her neck; the mayor’s wife. “I hear you are the lone girl who came with the fourteen most eligible bachelors in Springfield.” You rose an eyebrow in disgust. Here was another person who thought you were somehow dating all seven werewolf boys. You thought for a moment before remembering what she said again. She said fourteen. Who were the other seven?

“You mean Sunggyu’s group?” You asked.

“And Zico’s of course. All of them are looking handsome as usual so you must be doing something right, hmm?” That’s right, not only were the werewolves at the party but so were the hunters. All seven of them. You got a bad feeling just then but the woman’s voice interrupted your thoughts. “Oh, here’s one of them now.” You followed her eyes and turned to look behind you.

You froze in place. Your eyes ceased blinking and your body shook in fear. You gulped down however all of your spit had dried up out of fear.

The woman greeted the person first, “Kyung, here to join your lovely date?”

“Something like that.” He laughed. You couldn’t tell if he meant it or not but all you knew was that you needed to get away and quickly.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it.” The woman waved to both of you, “See you soon my dear.”

She left you alone with the real wolf now. He leaned onto the dining tables and gave you a coy smile, “It’s been awhile don’t you think?” You backed away from him and prepared yourself to sprint in case he tried anything. “Why so scared? You were a little cute when you actually fought back.”

You gripped onto the wine class beside you on the table until your knuckles turned white. He saw your action and smirked.

“That’s more like it. Is this why the werewolves like you so much?” He whispered that last part to you. “Because you’re a fighter?” He looked around the crowd and shrugged, “All the other girls in Springfield don’t have half the guts that you do.”

“Thank you.” You said through gritted teeth.

He laughed again and scooted closer to you, “You’ve got manners too.”

Suddenly, a hand appeared in front of him quickly and pushed him away. If it wasn’t for the table under his hand, he would’ve fallen over. Both of you turned to the person who appeared. You were definitely more relieved than Kyung was to see who it was.

“I think it’s time I cut in.” Sungjong’s upper lip twitched as he glared at Kyung. 

-------------------

A/N:

Thank you for reading another chapter~

In response to the comments, I don't get out much (the reason I update so often) so I have alot of time on my hands to watch television. I have seen alot of american dramas lately (Pretty little liars, teen wolf, vampire diaries) because I never watched them and like I said, too much time on my hands. I actually googled if "Founders' Day" happens in alot of small towns or not. Turns out it does (why wouldn't it though? I dont' know why I had to look up that :P). So I added that into the story to open up the "Party" chapters. 

On another note, Zico is a pest. But I love him too. :)

Don't forget to comment and leave your thoughts below~