Chapter 2

The Riddle of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-What causes a sudden increase in heart rate, a loss of memory and overall brain function, but is not a drug?-
Ans: Love

 

--

 

 

2.

 

“Seohyun,” Jessica waved her hand in the air. “Over here!”

 

The seemingly quiet female who had just entered the cafeteria waved back with a smile, before making her way towards the group of friends sitting at the table at the corner. She took a seat beside Jessica, a short ‘hello’ escaping her lips as she greeted her fellow friends.

 

“How are you coping with Zhoumi away?” The girl at the opposite of Jessica asked as she continued on munching her pizza, her attention solely focused on the food in front of her.

 

“Just about the same, I hope he comes back quickly though.” Seohyun heaved a sigh before cringing her nose in disgust upon the sight of all the unhealthy foods piled up on her friends’ trays.

 

“Don’t bother telling us about your health talk, Seohyun. We would care less.” The girl who had earlier asked Seohyun a question said, finishing her last bits of pizza and reaching out at the untouched tray beside her.

 

“Hey!” A hand swiftly appeared and swatted Im Yoona’s hand away so quickly that Yoona gasped in shocked. “That’s mine you babo!”

 

Choi Sooyoung glared at her best friend before plopping down beside her in the empty chair, exhausted.

 

“Took you long enough. I thought you weren’t coming.” Yoona stuck her tongue out as she rubbed the spot Sooyoung had hit her at.

 

“I was practicing, you know that. Plus, that is not an excuse for you to steal my food!” The brunette who had just arrived half snapped and Yoona made a face.

 

“Gosh you two shikshins,” Jessica let out a sigh and shook her head. “Just go buy more food if there isn’t enough!”

 

Sooyoung started on her meal and occasionally had to slap Yoona’s hands away from stealing her fries. “Yah!”

 

“I’m hungry…” Yoona pouted. “And I’m too lazy to buy more.” She pretended to sob and her three friends exchanged glances. Yoona’s family had been facing a financial crisis lately, and her three friends knew that when Yoona meant she was being lazy, it was really because she had no more money left to buy any food. They knew how big a stomach Yoona had, and how she had to save as much money as she could, judging on her family’s condition at the current moment.

 

“Here,” Sooyoung bitted her lower lip before pushing her plate of leftovers towards her friend. “You can have it, I’m full.” She lied.

 

At first, Yoona shot her a look of disbelief and pushed back the plate; only to find the plate back in front of her.

 

“Honestly, take it.” The brunette stood up. “I’m going to get a drink instead.”

 

“Oh, oh, get me a Sprite would you?” Jessica nonchalantly asked as she handed her friend some money. Lazy Jung as usual was too lazy to move her from the chair.

 

“Seo, you want anything?” Sooyoung asked as she saw how Yoona was still hesitant to eat her leftovers she had deliberately left for her best friend.

 

“No thanks, unnie.” Seohyun politely replied and shook her head twice.

 

Choi Sooyoung gave a curt nod before moving away from the table and towards the counter at the front. Wondering on what she should get, the leggy brunette reached into her pocket and fished out a few notes and coins. Busy counting if she had enough money to pay for an ice blended drink, she didn’t notice the sudden appearance of a young man who had crossed path with her—and banged head first with a loud smack on his shoulder.

 

 The coins she was holding a few seconds ago sprawled onto the ground and landed with a few soft thuds. Some rolled away under the café tables and disappeared into oblivion.

 

“Shoot!” Sooyoung muttered as she quickly bowed to apologize.

 

“Sorry,” she said almost the same time the young man she had bumped into did. Both of them looked up from their bowing and saw each other face to face.

 

“I’m sorry,” He apologized again.

 

“It’s okay, it’s my fault. I should have watched where I was going.” She ran her hand through her hair in frustration, realizing that her coins earlier were now nowhere in sight.

 

 The young man however was too busy staring to realized she had lost a few coins; the female student in front of him was rather familiar, had he ever seen her before?

 

Sooyoung bowed again before excusing herself, only stopping when her right arm was grabbed rather suddenly and she turned around to face the young man again. She didn’t really paid much attention to his face before, but now that she had, she couldn’t help but realize how awfully good-looking he was.

 

“Er…?” She gave a confused look, her eyes darting from his hand around her arm to his face.

 

The young man whose name was yet to be said quickly let go his hand upon realizing what he had done. Embarrassed, he bowed his head quickly to apologize.

 

“I’m sorry, are you--?” He wanted to ask if she was who he thought she was, but was interrupted abruptly by the cries of his name from a distant.

 

“YAH CHOI SIWON,” Almost half of the cafeteria turned to look at the cries from the table at the center—and Sooyoung found herself gasping. “WHAT’S TAKING YOU SO LONG?”

 

The table at the center?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter