Nichkhun Horvejkul

Lost in Seoul

Nickhun loved his job as a singer. And being a hallyu star in a foreign country was more than a privalage. He cherished his life in Seoul, but he did miss home. He always wanted to go home and enjoy family holidays with his vast family.

 

 

‘Nickhun <3 Victoria 4Ever!’

 

He read on a social community board where people were discussing about ‘KhunToria’ or more like, “Are Nickhun and Victoria really an item?”

 

He didn’t understand something about netizens. The fact that it was a show, and he did it for his fans and to make money, why was it such a big deal. It was true he had become really attached to Victoria, but as time passed, they stopped talking too much. They met each other less, talked less and texting became less as well. Soon both of them moved on from each other. He became more interested in his group’s activities and Victoria was obviously busy on her own.

 

But he did cherish his memories with Victoria. A relationship like that is something one should cherish, and he did that. But ‘khuntoria’ was gone. Why the fuss?

 

 

Nickhun turned the computer off and pushed the chair away from the table, “I vow not to search about myself on the net every again…” He whispered and took a deep breath before he heard Junho yell from his and Taecyeon’s room, “Has anyone seen my freaking black jeans!!?”

 

“Maybe Taecyeon wore it…” Chansung suggested from the kitchen and Junho screamed, “He’s freaking 6’2’! How can he even fit in those!?!”

 

“True…” Nickhun spoke before picking up his phone and bag, “I’m going out…”

 

“Where…?” Chansung gave a suspicious glance and he sighed, “Just roaming around. I’m tired.”

 

As Nickhun left but he clearly heard Chansung say, “Why do I feel like something’s off about the damn house today….”

 

Nickhun stepped out of the building and then wondered where he should go. The sun was setting and he really wished he could paint.  But its not like he’d get a chance to actually sit and paint in the noisy dorm and outside, fans would storm him like hell.

 

“Maybe I should go in some café…” He checked his watch making sure he didn’t waste time, and quickly walked to his car. Driving to a nearby café he stepped out and walked into the café, where he noticed that the café was comparatively empty. He took a seat in the corner and ordered a hot latte. While the waiter brought his coffee, he took out his sketch pad and a pencil and tried to think of something.

 

He closed his eyes trying to imagine something, in hope that any scenery would relax his mind.

 

 

Nothing.

 

 

His mind was blank. And the only thing that was there was his schedule on paper, which annoyed the hell out of him it appeared. He snapped open his eyes and groaned, “I’m gonna go crazy like this…”

 

He heard the café’s door open with a ring and his head automatically drifted upwards, as the wind blew in and a girl walked in. She was wearing a grey sweater with black jeans, and suddenly he was reminded of Junho and his missing jeans. He did laugh when he remembered Junho screaming for his jeans.

 

“Hello, can I have a corner table…” the girl had a basket in her hand and Nickhun was absolutely sure he saw something move in it, “I saw the board…do you have cat food?”

 

“Yes we do,” the waiter replied as he showed her the corner table, right across Nickhun’s. He saw her sit, and then suddenly a small white cat’s head popped out from the basket. The cat had a black patch on its left eye and when it jumped out of the basket on her lap, he saw that it had a large black spot on its back and tail. It also had a collar, which had a something dangling from it at its center. The girl looked at the little cat, which purred at her, rubbing its head on her abdomen. And after a second of an expressionless face she smiled faintly.

 

Nickhun stopped breathing. He held his breath as his mind registered the image in front of him like a slow sketching machine. He saw her hair dangling down till her waist, pure black like a raven. Her smile illuminated the whole café in a second for him. No accessory on her, and obviously a bare face, yet she was radiating and absolutely beautiful.

 

 

“Sir your coffee,” the waiter spoke and kept the cup of latte down. Nickhun snapped out of daze and nodded, “Thanks.”

 

The image had registered in his head perfectly. And even if a millennia passed, he’d never forget it. In exactly three seconds she took his breath away.

 

Nickhun forgot about the coffee, and everything else. He quickly grabbed his pencil and began scribbling on his sketch pad. He meticulously and very carefully drew every single line, every curve. His drawing had improved a lot since a year and the last time he drew something so carefully, he didn’t even remember when.

 

But as the sketch neared its end, he felt strange. A smile played at his lips at its beauty but he knew very well that nothing was compared to the real sight.

 

The last line on her lip, and he finally breathed out, “Done…”

 

“Orion! Get back!” he felt a sudden soft fur rub against his jeans and he looked down at his feet where the white and black cat sat rubbing it’s head against his leg, and wrapping his tail around it.

 

“I’m so sorry!” he looked up, as he picked the cat up with a smile, and saw the girl with the raven hair looking at him, “I’m so sorry! This stupid cat…” she muttered and then Nickhun laughed, “No it’s fine. I like cats anyways.”

 

With his other hand he quickly pushed the drawing pad into his bag and then the girl took the cat from his arms, “I’m so sorry again.”

 

“It’s ok- wah!” he raised his hand and by mistake, it hit on the hot latte cup which landed on the girls’ clothes, staining the jeans and half of the sweater, “AH! I’m so so so sorry!”  he quickly grabbed a napkin and  began wiping it and she wiped it as well.

 

“I’m so sorry! It’s all my fault!” Nickhun bowed again and again and she shrugged, “It’s okay…please don’t apologize so much,” even though she was disappointed she did try to sound as calm as she could.

 

“I’ll buy you new clothes!” he suggested and she shook her head, “There’s no need…really.”

 

“But it’s my fault your clothes are ruined.”

 

_________________________________________

 

the three second love story...

does it remind u of anything uve ever seen or heard of before??

hmmm...

Anyhow....

TO BE CONTINUED!