Ok Taecyeon

Lost in Seoul

‘The meteor fell right in the center of the Ilsan highway, breaking a flyover and stopping the early traffic in a midst. Although no one was hurt, thanks to the lack of highway crowd in the early morning, people  are facing a lot of problem in re routing ways to their destination, that led from the Ilsan highway earlier. Scientist have confirmed that the meteor was not supposed to land on Earth, but a unknown reason disrupted its rout and forced crashed it on Earth. Further details about the Meteor are still unknown, and NASA will give a statement by the end of this morning, but for all we know now, is that the meteor could be hostile.’

 

Taecyeon flipped the TV off and sighed, “Yah! Junho-yah! Where did you want to go, again?”

 

“Uh…MBC studio,” Junho fastened his watch around his wrist and looked at Taecyeon who had asked him the question, “Well then, let’s go.”

 

“But isn’t the road that leads to MBC closed?” Junsu popped his head out from the bathroom, with half of his jaw covered in shaving foam.

 

“We’ll just ‘re-rout’ like everyone else,” Junsu shrugged and Taecyeon nodded,  “We can’t get late. Bye!” Taecyeon quickly pulled his coat on and walked out of the warm house into the cold porch towards his car while chattering his teeth, “Brr….early mornings are such a pain.”

 

Taecyeon and Junho left in Taecyeon’s car to the studio. After dropping Junho, with no thanks in return, Taecyeon sat in his car with the heater on, wondering where he should go on his day off, “Hmm….I feel like eating cake…”

 

He decided to follow his wish and drove off to his favorite pastry shop. As he drove he noticed a strange thing, since he wasn’t driving that fast. Parking his car on the nearest corner, he quickly walked towards the alleyway where he noticed the strange thing.

 

“Wow, an early morning bait, this is deabak!” a man whispered along with two others, who were crowding over something. Taecyeon squinted his eyes between the three men and then his eyes widened as he saw a girl, covered in a white dress, cornered, with a sort of unfamiliar fright in her eyes, “P-Please…”

 

“Yah! What’s going on there!?” Taecyeon suddenly yelled walking in and then the three men saw him, “Sorry, but she’s taken.”

 

For a moment he thought of saving her, but then the question came up, how. How was he supposed to save a stranger from three strong men? He stood motionless for a second and then an idea struck him, even if it was scandalous, “There you are!” he pointed at the girl. The girl’s eyes, that seemed to filled with fear for a minute suddenly turned to curiosity and she looked at him, with round doe eye. She was obviously not South Korea, he could tell that. She had a wheat like skin tone, which wasn’t considered neither fair nor dark. But it was lighter than Taecyeon’s own skin tone.

 

“Ah….you might not wanna do that..” he walked further inside and then the men gave him a threatening look, “Why? You’ll call the police?”

 

“No, because she’s sick. And seriously, do you really want a disease for free?” Taecyeon tried his best not tolet go of the act, because he had never done something like this before and as a man, no as a human, it was his duty to help someone in need.

 

“Y-You mean…” the tallest man, not taller than Taecyeon though, stuttered and Taecyeon nodded, “Yes.”

 

“Take her man. Take her, we don’t want any free diseases,” the men walked out of the alleyway and then Taecyeon smiled at her, “Sorry about that.”

 

She looked at him with the same round eyes, as he was some alien, although she was the one that looked like a foreigner, “Hey, I didn’t mean—wait do you understand…ah…maybe I should try English.”

 

The girl didn’t say anything but continued staring at him, until he saw a reddish wound on her arm and then furrowed his eyebrows, “You’re hurt…”

 

She followed his gaze and then looked at the red bloody wound and then looked back. Taecyeon suddenly felt pity on the stranger and then gave her a warm reassuring smile, “Say…are you hungry?”

 

 

 

The girl quickly ate the piece of cake kept in front of her and then looked at Taecyeon, as he asked the waiter for a first aid kit. Taecyeon wasn’t unfamiliar with this place. He and his group mates had been coming here ever since they were trainees and its not so famous location, made it more easier for him. With no fans watching and the staff treating him normally, he felt very much like he was back to his life, when he was not a celebrity.

 

“What’s your name?” Taecyeon began conversing in English, hoping that she’d understand.

 

She gave him the save round eyed look as he applied an antiseptic on her wound and finally wrapped bandage around it. She didn’t even flinch at the application of a generally stingy antiseptic and then looked back at her empty plate, “Are you hungry? Do you want more cake?” he asked and then she nodded.

 

“Ma’am, can I have another chocolate pastry!” he called out as he took a seat in front of her, “So where are you from?”

 

She didn’t answer him. All she did was gulp down some water and then look out of the window, as if the view in front of her was admiring. He sighed and then drank some coffee, “I guess she doesn’t understand English either.”

 

 

“Ro.”

 

After a silence of almost half an hour, and eating almost five pieces of chocolate pastry, she spoke. Taecyeon looked at her with wide eyes, “You understand me? Or maybe, you asked for something else…”

 

“My name,” she was speaking in English, “Is Ro.”

 

“Ro…that’s a…really…” he wanted to say ‘strange’ but instead he said, “Sweet name.”

 

“Is that…a compliment?” she cocked an eyebrow, and he nodded, “Of course it’s a compliment.”

 

There was another momentary silence between them, until Taecyeon asked, “Hey, why didn’t you answer me earlier when I was trying to talk to you?”

 

“I didn’t trust you,” she shrugged and then he bent foreword, “So after devouring a dozen of pastries, you trust me?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then why did you tell me your name?”

 

“Because you asked.”

 

“But you could’ve answered earlier!”

 

“I told you, I didn’t trust you,” she shrugged and Taecyeon sighed, “Aish…”

 

“Aish…” she copied his tone, in a very natural manner and then he looked at her, “Don’t copy me.”

 

“Don’t copy me,” she did it again with her expressionless face. He narrowed his eyes and then sighed. Maybe she was really sick, mentally. That would explain her white clothes.

 

“Can I ask you something?” she was looking out of the window, at the tall buildings and people hurtling off the streets into their offices and cars speeding down the road, “Amuse me.”

 

“Where in the world….am I?”

 

He was a bit taken aback by the question. This was very strange, “You’re joking right?”

 

“No seriously, where in the universe am I?” this time she face him and he saw her irritated and lost look. It definitely spoke that this foreigner was lost. And not just lost. Lost in one of the biggest cities in the world.

 

 

 

“You’re in Seoul,” he answered as they strolled down the empty road. He had his scarf pulled up to cover his face, but she was walking in a white sundress, with transparent ballerinas on and looking at her, on such a chilly morning he wondered, “Aren’t you cold?”

 

“Cold…I don’t…” a gust of wind blew past them he shivered, but she did not even flinch, “No way…”

 

“Maybe we should buy you some better clothes. Do you have money?” he asked and then she looked down at herself, “What’s wrong with my clothes?”

 

“You know, it’s early November, and you’re standing in the middle of a  street in a white dress. And you’re neither wearing a scarf, nor a coat to cover yourself from the cold. This way, you’ll get sick,” he replied in a matter – fact- tone and then took her hand, escorting her to his car, “Let’s get you in some clothes. Do you want to buy new clothes or do you want to borrow some, because it seems like you don’t have any money either.”

 

She heaved a heavy sigh and then got in the car, “I’ll borrow, since I don’t think buying is a good thing.” Her tone was just strange to him. She spoke as if she didn’t have any clue what ‘buying’ meant. Which really intrigued Taecyeon. Who was this girl? Why was she here in such old clothes and didn’t feel cold? And where is her identification, money, mobile…anything!?

 

“Where are you from?” he asked as he drove back to his dorm, hoping none of his group members were home.

 

“It’s classified,” she said and then looked at the music system in the car, and ran her hand over it, feeling the keys, “What’s this?”

 

“A CD player. Seriously, where are you from?” he asked with a laugh but she ignored the last part of his question and picked up his mobile, and touched the screen, “Wow…”

 

“It’s a touch screen…but I bet you know that,” he shrugged and suddenly she kept it back, “Old tech.”

 

“Excuse me?” he bucked his eyes and she crossed her arms,  and closed her eyes, “My body’s changing according to the atmosphere…this isn’t good.”

 

“Did you say something?” he asked, unable to hear whatever she mutters about body change and atmosphere. She shook her head, “No. Could you please hurry, and take me wherever I would find more warm…clothes.”

 

“Now you’re feeling cold, huh. So much for Lady Tough,” he chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

 

“You know, you havn’t even asked me my name yet,” Taecyeon said and then she mentally face palmed herself and asked, “Oh yes, what’s your name?”

 

“Ok Taecyeon,” he replied and then she laughed, “That’s a very funny name.”

 

Taecyeon was surprised. Not at the fact that she called his name funny, when her own name was strange and un realistic, but at the fact that she just let out a very hearty and melodious laugh. It ringed in his ear for a while, until she calmed down and he snapped out of his daze. He parked the car in front of his dorm and then helped her get out, “Come.”

 

“I’m fine,” she shivered and he ushered her into the building. Taecyeon had made his mind that he’d give her his jeans, or maybe Junho’s since they seemed the same height and she looked pretty normal, not too skinny not too healthy, just good enough to fit Junho’s jeans.

 

Ro walked into the house and then looked around as Taecyeon checked every room making sure no one was home, and fate was luckily on his side today. All the members had gone off for their respective schedule or just to enjoy a day a off.

 

“So this is where you live?” she asked and he nodded, “This is my dorm. I share it with five other boys.”

 

“Five men under one roof…not bad. Is it accommodating? I mean, doesn’t it get crowded?” she asked again as she peeped into the kitchen, which was extremely dirty, but she didn’t seem to mind It somehow.

 

“Yes, well we have no choice. We’re singers in the same idol group,” he shrugged and then he remembered.

He was an Idol.

And she didn’t recognize him!?

 

“What’s 2PM?” she looked at the numerous photo frames kept on a shelf in his room, and a poster that read ‘2PM’ and had the picture of six men, one of them being Taecyeon himself.

 

“That’s the name of my group. You don’t know us?”

 

“No. This is the first time I’ve heard of such a concept. In fact, what’s an idol?” she asked him as she turned. He was looking into his cupboard, when he turned around with a pair of black pants and a t-shirt and a sweater, “Idols are stars…celebrities. Like the Hollywood people, you know brad pitt, Angelina Jolie, etc.”

 

Before she could ask another question, he handed her the clothes, “I’ll wait outside, change into them.” She nodded and he left the room. Stripping out of her dress and wore the clothes that he gave her. After putting the sweater on she walked out, “Is this okay?”

 

“Yeah, it’s perfect. Now, I’ll drop you off at the police station and they’ll help you where ever you want to go,” he sighed and then she walked to his computer and pointed at it, “If you don’t mind. Can I use this?”

 

“Okay,” he shrugged and fell on the couch. She sat on the chair, and began typing on the keyboard while muttering in coherent words, that seemed to sound like ‘old age’ ‘lame’ and ‘box of metal’.

 

Taecyeon closed his eyes but they soon fluttered open, out of curiosity. Ro was sitting on the chair with her legs tangled between the moveable octopus like legs of the chair, and her back arched straight, making her chest slightly pop out more than usual.

 

Taecyeon caught that sight when he opened his eyes and gulped. He saw her perched on the chair as she effortlessly typed. She suddenly stopped and turned to face Taceyeon, “I’m done. Now can you drop me to the police station?”

 

“S-Sure,” he shrugged all the dirty thoughts in the back on his head and then they left. The best thing he could really do right now was leave her at the police station. The police were the best when it came to lost people. And he was pretty sure they would return her, and ask her how she got there. And she couldn’t lie to them.

 

They reached thee police station and Taecyeon wondered, and wondered, how did a foreigner with no passport, no money, and clothes like she was off to the beach, end up in windy and cold Seoul. Maybe she was here with someone, but somhow got amnesia…that could be a possible reason. That’s why she didn’t have a normal name to begin with. Because ‘Ro’ was no human name.

 

“Here, we are.” They stopped in front of the station and she quickly got out, “Thank you.”

 

“Don’t you want me to drop you inside? I’ll tell the police where I--”

 

Taecyeon was caught off guard when she tip toed and pecked his cheeks, “No thanks.” She backed away and got rid of the faint smile she had on her face. Taecyeon blushed madly when his phone rang, “H-Hello? Okay…okay…” his eyes didn’t leave Ro, who was examining her surrounding, paying attention to the slightest details possible.

 

“I-I have to go…if you enter from there…” he trailed off as she turned around on her heel and nodded, “I know where to go. Thank you for your kindness.”

 

Something was off about her tone, as always. It felt like she was a talking robot, and smiled appeared faintly once or twice. And when she mimicked him, she sounded like a tape recorder. As Taecyeon drove away, watching her in his rare view mirror, her peck on his cheek kept on flashing in his mind, “Aish! Taecyeon…snap out of it.”

 

_________________________

 

Chapter one is Taeyeon! I'll be writing about four of the 2PM guys only.

So any guesses...who's next...?