Kim Junsu

Lost in Seoul

Junsu always enjoyed going out to eat spicy rice cakes, whenever he got a day off. And that’s exactly what he’d do. Instead o taking his car, as usually, he decided to walk, enjoying the bright afternoon sun. He strolled down the road, when he heard a meowing sound and then turned to the corner, where he saw a cat on top of a tree, and a girl trying to get it down, “C-Come down…insolent machine…”

 

What she said was totally stupid, he though. Why would someone call a little cat a robot.  He walked to the girl, she was a few inches shorter than him, and had a wheatish skin tone, and from her features he could tell she was not a Korean.

 

“Do you need help?” he asked in English. Even though his accent wasn’t the best, he did pay attention during his English lessons because being an international idol was obviously not easy and he had to know as many languages as he could.

“Can you help me get that cat down?” she spoke in korean, surprising him.

 

‘Maybe she’s a student here…’ he thought about college students that came from foreign countries to study in Korea. He nodded and then quickly jumped over the tree branch with the help of the lower one and then leaned closer to the cat, “Here…kitty kitty…come here…” he slowly caught the cat in his strong arms and jumped down, handing the girl the cat, “Here you go.”

 

“Thank you,” she bowed and he bowed back, “Its nothing..by the way, I’m Junsu.”

 

“My name is Ro,” she replied, but somehow her tone felt off. She was looking at the cat with inquisitive eyes as she picked the cat in her arms and kept on running her eyes around the white cat’s body, until she let out a groan and put the cat down. The collarless stray was quick on his step as he ran away.

 

“Why did you let your cat go?”

 

“She wasn’t the one I was looking for…” Ro slightly pouted and bit her cheek and then looked at the bright sky, before her stomach growled, “Hungry…”

 

For a second Junsu was quite surprised but then he somehow felt a wave of relief pass him when he realized that the girl did not recognize him. She didn’t even know that an idol was in front of him, “Do you want to eat spicy rice cakes with me, miss?”

 

“Spicy Rice Cakes…?” she looked at him bewildered and he smiled, “It’s a Korean delicacy.”

 

She absentmindedly nodded and then he led the way, “Lets take a bus to Iteawon, and then we can eat at my favorite place.”

 

 

As they waited at the bus stop, Junsu was quick enough to wear sunglasses and a cap, to try his best to hide his face, even though he knew his skin practically radiated because of the facial treatments they were given the dy before. He didn’t mind, but he did his best to get the least work, like facial and stuff, done because as everyone said and he believed he had a good face and using too much products would just destroy it.

 

Out of curiosity, he glanced at the girl and then noticed how familiar the grey colored sweater looked. He knew he had seen it somewhere, but he wasn’t sure where he saw it. It had a familiar vibe to it.

 

‘Maybe I saw it at some store….it could be…’ he thought before she pointed, “The bus is here.”

 

 

“Ah,” he nodded and the quickly got on the bus, taking the back seats. Fortunately the bus was empty,

“So…your name’s Ro…right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You don’t come from South Korea, right?”

 

“No.”

 

“Ah…you are a foreigner…” he mumbled and then smiled, “Your Korean’s great.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

The conversation was pretty short, and Junsu, who had always been an open person, for once felt like he couldn’t start a conversation. He didn’t know how, but it just happened. He couldn’t start a damn conversation with the girl, whom he just met, how?

 

Ro looked out of the window, and Junsu looked at her. He noticed that neither was she just looking, nor admiring the busy afternoon city. She was sitting there, in her seat while her eyes were scanning the streets above them, like some computer scanner. As if she was looking for something. Maybe the cat she mentioned earlier.

 

Soon they arrived at his favorite eating spot in Iteawon, where they severed a special type  Rice Cakes that were very spicy and mixed with Ramen. Apart from Spicy Rice Cakes, the second best thing on this planet, for Junsu was Ramen. It was instant, not too much work and tasty. But he still ate less Ramen at night, because he knew very well that peoples’ faces bloat if they ate Ramen at night. It was funny and a fact.

 

“Let’s eat!” Junsu took his chopsticks as the waiter kept the food on the table and Ro picked up the chopsticks and first looked at the reddish dish in front of her, then saw Junsu take the first bite. He smiled with his eyes closed, “Yummy…”

 

Following his actions she took a bite and with her eyes closed, but a very faint smile on her face she whispered, “Yummy…”

 

They ate, well Ro ate most of it, while Junsu could only watch. He must have ordered five bowls after their first set. While he was done in just one, she ate almost six bowls and all he could do was watch. A normal person could not have had such a diet. She was definitely something.

 

But somehow the way she ate with an expressionless face, he found it cute. So he didn’t stop her either.

 

After paying the bill they stood outside the shop, as people passed by. Suddenly Ro turned to face him and did a 90 degree bow and spoke, “Thank you for the lunch.”

 

“Hmm, you know if you come to my comeback stage, I will surely consider it as a payback for the lunch,” Junsu smiled and Ro’d expression wasn’t really curious or surprised, she rather shook her head and said,” I would have come to 2PMs come back stage, but unfortunately I am leaving tonight.”

 

“You…knew?” Junsu asked taken aback.

 

“I saw a poster, when we were in the bus. Anyhow, thanks,” she said and Junsu smiled warmly, a wave of relief passed him, because for a minute he thought she was another fan acting as if she didn’t know him. In normal circumstances, Junsu would have not believed  her act and might have run, but when she told him about the poster, he believed her. Why…he didn’t know. He just did. Maybe it was a gut feeling. And he decided to go with it.

 

“I should look for that cat,” Ro her heel and gave a quick glance here and there, before she walked away, leaving Junsu staring. He snapped out of his daze and yelled, “Goodbye! I hope you get home soon!”

 

Ro glanced back at him before whispering to herself, “Goodbye kind earthling…”

 

The crowd grew and both of them made their opposite ways, but Junsu didn’t forget to glance at her once more, only to notice her vanished within the crowds, “What a strange girl…”

 

 

 

_____________________

 

I just realized that i wrote Junsu's part very less TT^TT

m such a moron.