Chapter 2

Marry me! Merboy~

 

Hi ^^

An update! ^^

Please comment and subscribe if you may! Thank you for reading! ^^ Blab blab!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“GAAHHH!!!” Yoochun jolted up from the ‘nightmare’ he just had, eyelids flying open instantly, just to be force shut by the eye piercing ray of evening sunlight.

“Heaven? …” The man quickly sat up and examined himself all over. He found himself still in his diving suit, black polyester material with green stripes at the sides. To his amazement, his goggles were gone from his face and lying beside him. Even the empty oxygen tank he had abandoned to aid his escape earlier, is lying near the edge of the yacht.

Crawling over to the sheltered part of his boat, Yoochun stripped himself of the tight, still slightly damp suit and slipped on his wife-beater and khaki. Grabbing a towel, he dried his hair and collected all his belongings that were still sprawled all over the floor.

A sudden gust of salty sea wind wafted pass him and realisation dawned on him that he was supposed to be drowning. At the same time, the last scene embedded in his mind, before he passed out, popped out again.

Remembering the person he last saw, Yoochun dashed across the small yacht in search of that saviour, whom he felt should be still around. But there is no one.

“Hello!! Whoever you are! Please show yourself!” Yoochun shouted into the vast ocean and waited for a reply. Only sea gulls responded. Yoochun is still in a dazed state and wanted to snap out of it, so grabbing a bottle of mineral water, the man doused himself with it and rubbed his eyes, hoping that he is indeed still on earth.

Shutting his eye tightly, Yoochun tried recalling the features of the ‘person’ he just met. The deep blue hair, the radiant porcelain skin and gleaming blue tail, how the scales on the tail reflected the light from his torch and shimmered in the dark. Shaking his head in disbelief, the man wondered about the tail.

Yoochun then remembered the small face, the face of a human boy, staring right back into his. The creature, or boy alike, had big tear shaped eyes, with two big gleaming sapphire pupils. “Stop it Yoochun!! Hallucinations are common when you are drowning!!” Yoochun slapped his own face and shook his head to dry his dripping wet hair.

Just then, a soft giggle emit from the rear end of the boat alerted him. Yoochun has keen ears, and that sort of sound would have caught his attention anywhere. The laughter is almost inhuman too, like how someone would sound inside a bubble, sweet and melodious, with a ‘watery’ feel to it.

“Who’s there!!” Yoochun got a little frightened this time, allowing his imagination run wild, trying to exclude the fact that he might have just met a ghost of sorts. Undaunted and ashamed of himself for being a scaredy cat, the tall man plucked up his courage and leans over the railings to examine the side of his boat.

Junsu, who was hiding beside the propellers, saw Yoochun’s eyes approaching and immediately dunked his head into the water, sinking deeper deeper under water. However, clumsy as he is, a part of his tail got up in the metal fan, and a small diameter of his scales was dislodged, causing the young merman to yelp in pain.

Yoochun witnessed the small tail rubbing against the propellers noisily and climbed over the edge for a better glimpse. At this moment, Junsu’s head popped out from the water while he jumps out of the water, dolphin style, to increase his velocity. Watching Junsu escape into the blue sea, Yoochun stood dumbfounded, scared out of his wits by the weird creature, yet intrigued by it.

The remnants of the broken scales floated atop the surface of the water and Yoochun swooped down and retrieved them with a free hand, while the other held onto the railings.

Making a break for the engines, Yoochun started his boat and scouted the area for the creature he just saw, hoping for another glimpse of the ethereal being.

Spotting none, the dejected man headed back to shore.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Junsu’s POV

I saw the weirdest creature in the world today!!

His tail is still split into two even when he is under water!! Unlike mine!!

And he had a very black rough skin covering his entire body!! He can even peel it off!!

The most interesting part is that he can breathe under water with that long yellow thing!! I saw him biting the black circular thing before he fainted!! Humans can’t breathe under water right?

Is he human?

Appa and ahjussi said that all humans looks extraordinarily scary… but he isn’t… and from their description, he probably isn’t human either.

Humans are supposed to have bright red eyes, with claws and sharp teeth… but he looked just like us… except without the tail… and blacker.

Anyhow, after I brought him up for more air, I saw an island and pushed him onto it. It was moving with the wind… and there were no sand on it… so I assume that is not an island but his ship. Anyhow, his ship is also unlike the ones I see under the water! They are hard and shiny! Very slippery also! I fell twice while trying to get off it.

He is so peculiar that I had to stay and observe him more. I must tell hyung what I saw today! He will be so excited!! I think this creature can be our friend!! He can come find us in our kingdom!!

I was also worried that he might turn into bubbles so I stayed behind, just in case. But he didn’t turn into bubbles! He woke up!

I really want to be his friend… but I need hyung’s permission first! He seems to want to be my friend too! He wanted to talk to me too… How I wish I can talk to him!! I want to know his secret for keeping his legs even when under water…

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Junsu lost track of time while watching Yoochun and by the time the man is gone, the sky is already dark.

The young merman tried to swim home as fast as he could, but the bubble is already closed by the time he returned. To protect the mer-kingdom from intruders while they rest at night, the king will cast a protective layer over the entire area and no one can enter and leave without the king knowing. Junsu knows he is stuck outside.

He dare not enter since he knows his father will be mighty pissed with him for sneaking out after the warning in the afternoon.

Loitering outside the bubble, a downcast Junsu resorted to looking around for a place he can lodge in for the night, but there were none. He knows that Junho will be very worried, but there is no way he can reach his brother either.

Wondering further to the only playground he knows, Junsu hid in the yard and entered one of his favourite ‘ships’ to stay the night. He did not notice another’s presence while he swam around wearily, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Inside the wreckage, Junsu found a bunk and huddled up onto it while the other in the shadow watches on cautiously from mearby.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Prince Changmin’s POV

I was hunting for rare shells and objects when I chanced upon this big area of old ship wreckages. This place is the most notorious location where ships sink and where all those humans die, in the past. I read it in the history books. A nasty place indeed!

This place is pretty far from my own kingdom… so I planned to stay the night instead of braving the dark waters to travel home. I even packed my basic ‘camping’ items so I can pass time outside.

Then while I was busy looking for a place big enough for me to turn in. I saw a shadow wondering around inside the ship I picked.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed a merman… just like me. Except that he looked different. I know in an instance that he is from pearls… the very moment I saw him. Why?

It’s simple.

He looked very different from us. Even though we are all mer-creatures, some of our kind looked particularly pretty. Especially those from pearls! My kingdom’s ‘products’ is not that impressive. We have pleasant looking creatures as well… but they can’t compare with those from pearls. I am already considered the most aesthetically pleasing of the lot. The most handsome… believe it or not.

However, I have to say that the little creature in front of me looked even more enticing then his fellow pearls-mates. He looks so rare! The blue hair… sapphire eyes and blue tail! All rare and peculiar in a good way! They match the ocean so perfectly. Even I got lost in the rare beauty. He is a very very pretty merman!

I ended up tailing him into the room he decided to rest in. He might be beautiful, but he is also the densest creature I have ever met! No merman would fail to notice the current changing whenever there are others present. He is either very dumb… or does not have good basic instincts.

My best guess is that he has never really travelled outside of pearls. I am very seasoned myself… but I think his isn’t.

Did he run away?

Does he know that it is dangerous for him to sleep anywhere outside of his kingdom? Humans might find him…

End POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Hey you. What are you doing here?” Changmin approached Junsu just as he was about to close his eyes.

“AHHH!! AHH!” the sudden appearance of the other merman surprised Junsu so much that he immediately got up and darted out of the bed, even before actually looking at Changmin. Reeling from shock, the young merman slammed his forehead right into the ceiling of the bunk and crouched up in a corner, crying in pain.

“Hey! Don’t be afraid! I’m one of us.” Changmin emerged from the shadows, attempting to ease the terrified merman.

“You scared me!” The young merman pouted and looked at Changmin slowly.

The other merman was mesmerised by the beautiful creature looking at him and froze for a moment. Junsu was glowing as he swarm around the bigger merman, checking him out from head to tail.

“You are not human!” Junsu chuckled happily and swam forward to grab Changmin’s hand, shaking them. “You can’t go home too?”

“I …”

“I can’t go home too… appa locked up the place.” Junsu sighed, assuming that Changmin is trapped outside of home as well.

“I have never seen you around… where are you from?” Junsu said before Changmin could reply and looked at the bigger merman intently, smiling cheekily, almost causing Changmin a nosebleed.

“I am from shells.”

“OH!! That’s far!! You ran away?” Junsu exclaimed.

“…”

“You want to share this bunk with me? This is my favourite ship!” Junsu asked when he spotted Changmin looking around nervously. He does not know that the other merman is just shy around him.

“… … Can I?” Changmin answered after a long pause. He does not wish to look for another place to spend the night.

“Of course!! We can be friends!! My name is Junsu!” Junsu swung his tail gleefully.

“My name is Changmin.”

~End of chapter~