Chapter 3

Marry me! Merboy~

 

Hi! ^^

An update... after such a long long break. Apologies.

I am being too draggy in this chap again. Sighs...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Hyung!! Hyung!! HYUNG!! WAKE UP!!” Yoochun rushed into the room where his friend lay, deep in a slumber. It is past mid night when he arrived home.

“What?! Am I glad to see that you have returned safely? NO. Tsk!” The other man woke and rolled his eyes at Yoochun while the other man dug through his pocket, looking for the pieces of thin scales.

“I SAW A MER-CREATURE TODAY HYUNG!! HE IS SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!!” Yoochun placed the scales onto his desk top carefully, looking at it under the light and examining it. “You should see him too! Too FREAKING perfect!! Beyond words is all.”

“Whatever Chun. Are you sure it’s not a water ghost you saw?” The man yawned and stared blankly while Yoochun change for a bath.

“Well. That thing has a tail!! That’s so darn unbelievable right?!”

“You are hallucinating Chun. You were just dehydrated.” “Trust me.”

“… I am going back tomorrow morning!! And you are coming with me!!”

“WHAT?! You are crazy!! I am calling the loony bin.”

“Weren’t you aching to follow me earlier today? I am offering you a chance now.” Yoochun smirked and draw the bath screen, spraying himself with water and rubbing down his sticky skin with soap.

Yoochun is a marine biologist who spends most of his time diving for leisure. Growing up by the sea since he was an infant, with his parents and grandparents alike, they are all avid fish lovers. Not only to eat them, but also to study them.

Yoochun’s best friends happen to be the fishes in his tanks. Or rather, they used to be.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The next day…

“Changmin!! Where are you going?” Junsu followed the other merman as he swam out of the ship. A few rare drops of sunlight had made its way into the deeper parts of the sea, reminding the two mermen that they have past the night safely.

Changmin really needed to head back soon, since he wants to reach home before it gets dark again. Junsu on the other hand, is still waiting for his father to lift the barrier in a few hours time. He knows his father is a late riser, so he will just have to wait a while longer.

Swimming after his new found friend, Junsu darted around Changmin excitedly, giggling for no apparent reasons. Junsu is too bored with being trapped inside his kingdom, and having someone new beside him really hyped him up. He really wanted to explore the place a little more with Changmin, but the other merman is determined to head home.

“Changmin! Have you been to the surface before?”

“… Once… but there were nets back then.”

“Nets? Are they dangerous?” Junsu asked as he looked around lazily.

“Of course! Don’t venture too far up unnecessarily… or they…” Changmin stopped upon seeing Junsu focus on him. The fine blue creature is looking at him very intently, paying attention to every word he said. Changmin loved the expression on Junsu’s face, and the words were lost at the back of his throat.

“I have been on land before! … The…” Junsu immediately wrapped his palms around his mouth, indicating that he mustn’t go on.

Changmin is genuinely concerned that Junsu is the curious type.

The kingdom of shells is located in a more dangerous part of the sea where there are lots of fishing activities, but the area surrounding pearls is quieter, with less human activities. Changmin can tell that the creature before him is somewhat too sheltered for his own good, but he doesn’t yet know about Junsu’s royal identity.

“Don’t ever go up alone again… it’s dangerous.” “Plus… you can’t do much with your tail on land am I not right?” Changmin concluded firmly, earning a radiant smile from Junsu.

“That means you will come with me someday?” For some unknown reason, Junsu feels that he is actually agreeable with sharing his secret with Changmin.

“… … Someday… definitely.” Changmin blushed and sped off ahead, swishing his tail furiously, propelling himself forward.

“Can I visit you whenever I want?!” Junsu shouted after Changmin, but received no reply.

“Why don’t you can come find me then?!” “I live in… JUST COME TO PEARLS AND ASK FOR JUNSU!!” The young merman shouted after the tall merman again before he disappears into the depths.

Pouting, Junsu made his way back home, thinking about how Changmin would make a great friend if he did talk more. What he did not know is that Changmin has taken a liking in him and will come for him soon.

Swimming up to the surface, Junsu popped his head out of the water, enjoying the warm sunlight lingering on his face.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Meanwhile…

Yoochun busied himself with setting up his tracking equipments, dumping the big torches onto the yacht flooring and hopping in after it. He is all set for a long trip and is bent on finding the mythical creature. His friend says he is crazy and offered him psychiatric help instead of accompanying him, but Yoochun is still determined.

“Here fishy fishy!” Yoochun cooed as he laid out the beautiful ‘floaters’ onto the surface. He intends to use the colourful streamers to lure the creature out, assuming that Junsu is most likely going to be attracted to beautiful things. He is right.

Shining a small torch onto the shiny bits of paper, Yoochun hummed a song and waited. He also has food inside the ice box, but he isn’t too sure if Junsu would be hungry.

Then, from the corner of his eyes, he spotted something blue bobbling up to the surface of the water, a few meters away from the colourful streamers. Making his way to the edge of the boat quietly, Yoochun sat on the railings, preparing to dive in if Junsu wonders off.

However, instead of swimming away, Junsu did not even notice Yoochun’s boat, just the colourful bits of paper. With the back of his head facing the yacht, Junsu surfaced and pushed one of the streamers with a finger, watching it twist and turn under the sunlight, creating a disco ball effect.

“Wahhh!!” Enticed by the beautiful sight, the innocent creature swam around it happily, enjoying the small rainbow he can create whenever the water he splashes and touches the bits of aluminium. “Wahhh!! So pretty!”

Unaware of the pair of eye watching him, Junsu swam alongside the long streamer and finally reached the yacht where Yoochun is on. Seeing that he has successfully lured Junsu near his boat, and still unable to believe his luck, the man sneaked to the back of the yacht, away from Junsu’s field of vision.

With a soft rocking of the yacht, Yoochun saw Junsu getting onto the wooden surface with ease. Much to Yoochun’s amazement, the wet gleaming blue tail transformed into a pair of long gorgeous legs with smooth and milky skin as Junsu withdraw them and wrapped his arms around them, huddling up when the cold sea wind blew pass.

Yoochun’s mouth hung open while the creature stayed at the edge of the boat, pulling in the streamers and flicking them with his fingers. Junsu remained oblivious as Yoochun crept up behind him and stood nearby, looking at him closely, trying to figure out what Junsu really is.

“Ooh!!” The merman exclaimed when he spotted the big torches lying nearby, and before Yoochun could duck, he is caught in the merboy’s direct line of vision. Seeing Yoochun so close up behind him, Junsu screamed and scrambled to get off the boat. Yoochun is too fast for him.

Subconsciously, Yoochun’s hands have extended from their laid back positions and grappled onto Junsu’s arms tightly. The human tugged so hard that the semi fish ended up sliding in further from the edge of the boat. Junsu is in distress now, struggling with all his might like a fish caught in a net.

“It’s me!! You saved me! Remember!?” Yoochun struggled and half dragged Junsu into the innermost part of the yacht, locking the doors to the navigation cabin. He just wants to talk, and he knows that if Junsu ever dives off the boat at any point in time, he will never get a chance again.

Prying the mer-creature’s hands from his beautiful face, Yoochun sat and admired Junsu for a long while. The sparkling sapphire pupils were still darting around in their big sockets as the creature tries to think of a way to escape, until Yoochun snapped a finger beside his ears. “Hello? You with me? I just want to talk! I promise… no touchy touchy okay?”

“Ohmygod! I can understand you!” Junsu gasped and looked at Yoochun wide eyed.

“That’s good isn’t it?” Yoochun raised an eyebrow.

“NO! What are you?!” Junsu got up unsteadily and poked at Yoochun’s mouth and eyes wearily.

“Ahhhh?” Yoochun opened his mouth wider after feeling Junsu slide a finger in.

“Ohmygod! You are not human!” Junsu whispered to himself, amazed to discover a ‘cave’ containing two sets of neat rolls of white rock-like structures instead of salivary and sharp canines.

At the present moment, instead of Yoochun trying to figure out the mer-creature, Junsu had become the one to explore his body instead. Yoochun chuckled at Junsu’s adorable exclamations and covered the creature with a long towel, for the sake of his own tightening groin and twitching junior. Junsu being doesn’t help.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoochun’s POV

YES!! YES!! YES!!

I found him!! Can’t believe my luck!

My saviour! My benefactor! The thing I owe my life to… … though I did be happy if he wouldn’t so ignorant when it comes to his surroundings.

I knew that beautiful things will naturally attract beautiful things… and so I figured. It worked anyhow.

I can’t believe my eyes when I saw him exit the water and transform into a full human being, in all the human-like glory. THIS is epic-ness! I know mermaids MIGHT exist… since it has always been a maritime tale that everyone like myself tries to explain. However, I never knew that a walking mermaid… merboy ACTUALLY exists!

I had a good mind to explore him… find out more about him… without dissecting him that is.

Yet, he is as curious about me as I am about him. That is just… fascinating!

I now have on board… a clueless, curious, super duper adorable and absolutely ethereal merboy. A little too over-protected and naïve one though I must say. He thinks humans are monsters.

I don’t blame him. His upbringing probably hammers into him that all humans are up to no good… and probably wants to eat them for their fins and sell their bones after they are dried under the sun. That is partially true, but for sharks only. We don’t even kill dolphins! Plus, those creatures being nearly human probably means that their lower portions are not suitable for human consumption anyways.

I wonder… about how they mate? Ahem! Please ignore that.

End of POV

~End of chapter~