Chapter 1

Marry me! Merboy~

 

Hi ^^

The first chapter! ^^

Please comment and subscribe if you may! ^^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

A sunny afternoon, at a harbour…

“Chun! You should really stop going for this kind of trips!! Do you even know how ‘danger’ is spelt?!” A tall man in sunglasses shakes his head in annoyance as the other man, tall and handsome as well, ignores his warnings and continues to wind up the anchor.

“Stop nagging bro! You know I would rather spend more time with the fishes than with humans.” “Besides, this is a great time for me to bond with myself.”

“I suggest other activities! Diving is really too dangerous when you DIY… you never know when you will need backup!” “Come on man! Don’t go!” The man pulled off his sunglasses in a huff and waves for the man to retreat back up the harbour. He is ignored yet again.

“I will be fine! This isn’t my maiden trip you know! Plus, let’s not forget who has a certificate to train new divers like yourself!”

“Who cares about how well you can dive! Don’t digress!” The man swung his sunglasses angrily at the other man, looking more exasperated than ever.

“If you are so scared, then hop on. No point irritating me with all that nagging! You are an ahjumma or what!?”

“You know I can’t today!! That’s why I am here to dissuade you!! You ignorant son of a cow!! Let’s go tomorrow instead!! PLEASE!!”

“Whatever! See you!” With that, the man named Yoochun started his yacht’s engines and drove off into the horizon. His friend can only stay and watch, tired out by the other man’s baseless confidence and lack of awareness for personal safety.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Meanwhile, deep in the ocean, in the kingdom of pearls…

“YAH! JUNSU!! WHERE ARE YOU?!!” The king of pearls, Junsu’s father, yelled at the top of his lungs, causing the ocean beds to tremor.

“Your majesty! Please simmer down! We will look for him right now!” the cowering servants suggested.

“You do that!!”

“I am so going to pluck out his scales one by one when he returns!!”

At this very moment, a slender and pretty merman ‘appeared’ next to the fuming merman, scaring him. “You imp!! WHERE WERE YOU?!”

“Appa! I was here all along!”

“Really?” The older mermaid with grey hair raised an eyebrow and glared at his son in disbelief.

“Appa! How can you simply assume that I have sneaked out! It’s unfair!”

“Where were you then?”

“That’s a secret. You just need to know that I love and respect you too much to sneak out despite your orders, your majesty.” The young merman swagger his shiny blue tail playfully as he darted around the older merman, fanning him with his hands.

“Just don’t ever let me catch you doing that! Try anything funny and I will barbeque you!! And I won’t show mercy just because you are adorable!” The older merman is finally much calmer. With that single threat, he left, still clutching his triton threateningly.

Heaving a sigh of relief, the young merman went back to business.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Junsu’s POV

I lied to appa.

I did sneak out.

But I made it back in the nick of time. Fortunately!

It is all thanks to my brother that I got away this time. He may say he does not approve of my adventures, but he actually does… and he will always be the one to warn me and get me home before appa knows I am gone. Hyung is a fast swimmer. Fastest in the entire ocean!

Anyhow, I was half way through scouting around the ship ‘graveyard’ just a little south out of our kingdom when hyung alerted me that appa is looking for me.

I like it there a lot… and I have found so many 'useless' things there! It’s a pity that appa is as stiff as a ship’s mast. Those things are really useful when you can appreciate them!! At least hyung buys my ideas and creations!

I have to go back again! There are still roughly ten more ships that I have yet to explore! I want to explore one more before sundown today!

End of POV

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Full oxygen tank… check! Here we go!” Yoochun overturned himself after settling down on the railings, entering the water headfirst.

Moving along with the waves, the man paddled his hands forcefully and propelled himself deeper into the ocean, aiming to touch the ocean bed before he is willing to retire for the day. Yoochun is an experienced diver, and he knows it is not good to go too deep underwater, but he wants to challenge himself.

Nearing the dark sea bed, the man switched on his torch and skimmed the ocean floor, enjoying his time while he ran his hands on the bottom of the sea. Breathing slowly, the man tried adapting to the pressure and moved cautiously, looking out for danger.

Smiling to himself when he spotted a number of sunken ships, Yoochun wandered over to the wreckages to kill time. He is not out looking for hidden treasures, but he is about to find one.

A very precious find!

After a long while of exploration, the tall man is aware of his depleting oxygen supply, and decided to go back to the surface. However, he could not go upwards no matter how hard he tried. Yoochun’s feet had accidentally slipped painlessly into a stony crevice without him noticing, and his ankle is now, stuck fast.

Reaching down calmly to free himself, he failed. The algae on the rock had made it impossible for him to get a good grip. Then, starting to panic, the man tried all type of angles with his ankle, twisting his feet around violently, just to get his leg lodged more firmly.

Running dangerously low on oxygen, the man could not but hold his breath as he attempts again desperately.

At this moment, Junsu, who is a few meters away in the sunken ship, could hear soft thuds coming from outside. Thinking that it might be his brother again, the young merman hurriedly left the items behind and left to check out the noise.

Swimming out as fast as he could, Junsu rammed right into a drowning Yoochun as he exited the small opening of the ship. The impact knocked out whatever air is left in Yoochun while Junsu reeled in shocked after meeting his first human.

Not too sure about what creature Yoochun is, Junsu tried to escape. Junsu initially thought that Yoochun might be dangerous, like how his elders describe the humans, and wanted badly to stay away as far as he could, but his hands were caught in a tight grip. Screaming in fear, Junsu tried to tug his hand free while Yoochun kept grasping even harder.

Finally, turning around to face Yoochun, Junsu is surprised to see that the human is looking more fearful instead of harmful. The look in Yoochun’s face told Junsu that he needed something, yet Junsu didn’t know what it is.

Curiosity kills the cat. Or rather, it almost killed Yoochun.

Swimming in closer to the human, Junsu observed how Yoochun was staring back warily. Junsu then spotted the man’s eyes trailing down his bare body, before resting on his beautiful blue tail.

Upon realising that Junsu’s tail is probably real, the man opened his mouth, entering a shell-shocked state, causing a cloud of bubbles and foams to explode into the merman’s face dramatically. Junsu screamed again and darted back into the ship behind them. He is able to escape since Yoochun had released his grip this time.

With that, Yoochun lost consciousness.

~End of chapter~