Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

 

It was after he left Sungmin that morning at the locker when he decided to visit people that could help with Sungmin’s situation.

Ever since the guy entered his car that morning, the former wouldn’t stop covering his mouth as if that would stop him from gagging.

He was worried.

He did hear the doctor say that it’s very dangerous to keep the baby. But then again, morning sickness is normal for soon-to-be mothers; in this case, father.

He power walked down the hallway pass several classrooms, and when he finally reached his destination, a smile spread across his face.

Begging is definitely not in his vocabulary.

When he explained to the three nurses in the clinic what he needed them to do and they turned him down, he immediately clasped his hands together in the most pleading way possible that he, Cho Kyuhyun, could do.

“This one favor that I’m asking the three of you to do, you can’t even do it?!”

“It’s not like you’re asking us for a simple favor!” Nurse Amber said.

“Yeah! The principal and the staff needs to know about this too!” Nurse Krystal continued.

“Look, just because your father is practically our boss, doesn’t mean you’re our boss as well, Kyuhyun,” Nurse Yuri snapped.

“But still! Just this once! Please? I’m begging?”

The three nurses sighed in unison as they consider doing the favor Kyuhyun had asked them to do.

“Thank you. I owe you guys!”

 

~

 

“You could go eat lunch.” He turned around and found Henry standing behind him. “Seriously, aren’t you even embarrassed that you’re here?”

Kyuhyun just threw Henry a grin before turning back around to face the sleeping Sungmin. “I’m not hungry.”

“How could you not be hungry? Look, I’ll take over from here. Get some food for your stomach,” Henry said, placing a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Sungmin will be fine.”

“I know that,” Kyuhyun said, shrugging Henry’s hand off his shoulder. “Why don’t you go ahead and eat lunch? I’ll stay here for a little more while.”

With a sigh, Henry left.

Kyuhyun lied when he said he wasn’t hungry, in fact, his stomach had been grumbling ever since his second morning class which was three hours ago. He wanted to eat, but he just couldn’t bear to leave Sungmin in that devastating looking clinic.

 

He had decided to take a quick bathroom break, and when he came back, he found Sungmin trying to put his shoes on.

His first instinct was to push Sungmin back down on the bed.

Sungmin looked so pale, yet he still had this certain glow that made him different from a lot of guys in this world.

Sungmin was beautiful, there’s no denying in that.

How did Kyuhyun not see this beauty that Sungmin’s been emitting before?

All his life, he has thought of Sungmin as his number one enemy; he still is. But looking at him now, there’s something that just made him stop and stare for a while.

There’s definitely something lovely about Lee Sungmin.

He couldn’t really blame Donghae for falling in love with him.

 

~

 

“No, but I think I like one of his friends.”

Kyuhyun waited to see what Sungmin was going to say, but the latter was so dense that he didn’t even know that Kyuhyun was referring to him. He lightly flicked Sungmin’s forehead with his fingers when the guy just confusedly stared at him.

“This is exactly why you got pregnant!” Kyuhyun jokingly said.

“What?!”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Nothing.”

“For your information, I’m not pregnant anymore.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “I know that. I’m just saying that you’re stupid. Seriously, why are you even ranked the highest in our class?”

“You’re just jealous because I’m smarter than you,” Sungmin with his tongue sticking out.

Kyuhyun smiled. He never thought that he and Sungmin would be teasing each other like this without the use of profanity. When Sungmin caught him smiling, the guy straightened himself up and acted like nothing happened.

“I’m gonna go ahead and find Henry, I’m… hungry. Bye.”

Kyuhyun stopped walking in the middle of the empty hallway, and once again, he smiled. His hands were now in his pockets while he stood there immovable, watching Sungmin’s retreating figure.

Then he noticed something about Sungmin again. Sungmin was short. His pants go all the way down just right above his heels. He also bounces when he walks; that’s probably how Donghae found him adorable.

Kyuhyun, he guesses, thinks Sungmin is adorable. Not that he would admit that in front of anyone.

 

Kyuhyun flinches as he was snapped out of his reveries when he felt a pinch on his waist.

“You stare at him longer, and I think he’d start to melt.”

Why is it when he wants to silently think about Sungmin, Heechul comes along?

“Shouldn’t you be with Hangeng in the cafeteria?” Kyuhyun asked, and started to walk again to the direction of the cafeteria.

“Oh, yeah, of course. I just had to do something for Ms. Jung. How about you? Why are you here alone? Why didn’t you follow Sungmin?” Heechul bombarded him with questions.

“You sure have a lot of questions, huh?”

Heechul grinned widely. He was teasing Kyuhyun. Everyone knows that Kyuhyun gets irritated when people ask him a lot of questions.

“Jokes aside, stay away from Sungmin, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun crossed his eyebrows at Heechul. “I’m serious. I know I don’t really have the right to say this to you since Sungmin and I aren’t really that close, but ever since Donghae left him like that, I can’t say that I can’t protect the poor guy.”

“Heechul, where exactly are you going with this?”

“Don’t fall in love with Sungmin.”

 

Sure, why not is what Kyuhyun wanted to say, but he couldn’t manage to get it out.

 

Sure, why not; he tried again, but to no avail, it was still stuck inside his mouth.

 

They both had reached the cafeteria, and as if there was a spotlight on Sungmin, their attention was focused on the “glowing” teenager.

“How could he still smile like that after what Donghae did to him?” Heechul asked without taking his eyes off of Sungmin.

“Do you think it’s because of me?” Kyuhyun joked, but it wasn’t really a good time to joke around so he suddenly went quiet.

This time, Heechul turned to face him. “Please, Kyuhyun. Stay away from the poor thing. It’s bad enough that he suffered through that heart break that Donghae gave him.”

“Why does everyone think that I’m even going for him?! I don’t even like him! Don’t worry, Heechul, I won’t fall in love with him!”

 

Yet somehow, it broke his heart for him to say that.

 

~

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin arrived in front of Sungmin’s house after the latter had told him that he was going straight home today.

Sungmin mumbled a “thanks” to Kyuhyun, which he heard, and was about to open the door when Kyuhyun decided to grab him by the arm to hold him back.

“Sungmin, I—“

“Yes?” Sungmin asked, extremely anxious to leave.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “Nothing. If ever… you need something… don’t hesitate to call me.”

Sungmin scoffed. “Why should I call you, when I can call Henry?”

“I just…”

“You just?”

 

Inhale, Exhale.

 

“I’ll protect you from now on, Sungmin.”

 

I’ll protect you.

 

 

 

 

(A/N): First of all, I want to thank everyone who greeted me. ^^ I have to say that this is one of the best birthdays I've ever had. 

Have a good weekend my lovesssss~ <3