Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

“Hello?”

Sungmin’s head snapped at the direction of where Henry was standing, when the latter had picked up the phone.

“Oh? Yeah.”

Could it be?

He didn’t really expect the guy to call. Perhaps it was just a threat so that he won’t go back to the school’s soccer field, but then again, the guy seemed serious about it. He can’t possibly have Henry’s number either; his best friend hates the guy as well. With a shrug, his thoughts got thrown away.

But just then…

“Sungmin.” Sungmin looked at Henry. The guy was handing the phone to him, and for a moment, he hesitated to take it. Sungmin held the phone up to his ears, and all he could hear was rock music playing in the background.

“Hello?” Sungmin greeted. He heard a faint chuckle from the person on the other line. “Who’s this?”

“I told you I was going to check on you.”

All the curses in the world in every language must’ve flown into Sungmin’s ears the moment he heard those words. Cho Kyuhyun actually called to check up on him.

But why?

Why did he? Why did he go to the soccer field to pick him up? Why did he ask him to rest? Why is he being nice all of a sudden? Was he really smoking weed? Does he feel troubled lately because of the whole Donghae situation thing?

Why…?

“I’m still here at the bakery.”

“I know, Henry told me.”

“How did you get Henry’s number?”

“We’re dating.”

Sungmin freed the loudest laugh he’s ever had that whole week. “Oh yeah? Well, I’m married to a llama!”

“Was it that preposterous to say?”

“I told you, Henry will never date you.”

“Why, because I can’t cook? I can learn how to cook for Henry!”

Sungmin giggled, which made Henry look at him. He waved it off making Henry pay more attention to the customer. “You already tried to learn how to cook during freshman year though. You failed.”

“I’ve made you laugh a lot today. I feel so accomplished,” Kyuhyun sputtered.

Come to think of it, he has been laughing a lot because of Kyuhyun today. What’s wrong with him? Lee Sungmin, get your together! This is Kyuhyun that you’re talking to, not Donghae, not Henry, not your mom; it’s Kyuhyun! You’re not allowed to laugh at what Kyuhyun has to say! Mentally noting everything, he cleared his throat as if that’s the only answer he could give to Kyuhyun.

“Well, you called to check on me. I have to go now. Bye.” Without waiting for Kyuhyun to respond, he cut the phone off, and passed the phone back to Henry.

Henry smiled at him. “That was fun to watch.”

“Tell me, are you and Kyuhyun really dating? I mean, he has your number and all,” Sungmin interrogated.

Henry threatened to throw a roll of dimes at him. “What kind of sick joke is that, Sungmin?! I would never date a guy like him.”

“But, do you like him?”

“Of course not!”

“Are you lying to me, Henry?”

“Do I ever?”

Sungmin nodded because he knows Henry is the most trustworthy person he’ll ever have in this lifetime.

 

~

 

It’s been two weeks since everything happened.

Two weeks since Donghae left him.

Two weeks since he found out that he’s pregnant.

Two weeks since Kyuhyun decided to pick him up for school every morning.

Two week since Kyuhyun also decided to take him to the bakery after school.

Two weeks… fourteen days… is long enough for hearts to be able to somewhat decide to just keep moving.

 

~

 

He was feeling queasy.

The nauseating headache that he started having the moment he woke up was still there by the time his first teacher of the day started talking.

Henry patted his back as he gagged even stronger.

“Mr. Lee, are you okay?” Mr. Choi asked.

Sungmin stopped gagging for a mere second to tell Mr. Choi that he’s fine, but when he was about to speak, he started gagging once again.

“I’ll take him to the nurse, Mr. Choi.”

Henry helped him up to stand on his feet. He hooked his arm around Henry’s shoulders, and then they set off to the clinic.

When they go to the clinic, they found Nurse Amber and Nurse Krystal giggling, more like flirting with each other.

“Oh dear!” Nurse Krystal exclaimed when she saw them. She rushed to Henry’s side and helped him pick Sungmin up, and seated him on the medical bed. “What’s happening to him?”

“He hasn’t stopped gagging since class started,” Henry explained.

“How’s the baby doing?” Nurse Krystal asked. Henry and Sungmin looked at each other; both of them not wanting to say anything. “Oh come on, don’t tell me that you gave up the baby. You wouldn’t be walking in this school building looking drunk if you did. So tell me, how is it?”

Henry spoke up for Sungmin once again. “He hasn’t visited the doctor yet.” Sungmin started coughing up blood which splattered on both nurses’ white uniform and on Henry’s arm. “Oh God, maybe we should take him to the hospital!”

“No!” Sungmin finally retorted. “No. I don’t want mommy to worry—“

“He’ll be fine,” Nurse Amber said. “By the looks of it, it’s just morning sickness. As for the blood, too much stress. I know a lot is happening, Mr. Lee, but stress really isn’t good for the baby.”

Nurse Krystal turned to Nurse Amber. “We should just let him stay here and rest for the time being, right?” The latter nurse nodded. “Mr. Lau, we could take it from here. Please copy good notes for Mr. Lee.”

Henry nodded, and took one last look at Sungmin before leaving the clinic.

Sungmin lay down on the white sheeted bed. It didn’t even take him five minutes before his eyes had finally turned droopy and soon, he was fast asleep.

 

~

 

Sungmin had woken up just in time for lunch.

He scanned his surroundings for any signs of the nurses, but they seemed to be getting their lunch.

He took the blanket off his body, and was about to put on his shoes when he was suddenly pushed back onto the bed.

“The nurses told me to keep you here until they come back.”

Seriously, did they really have to call Kyuhyun to take care of him? Why not Henry whom he actually trusts?

“How are you feeling?”

It’s not like he didn’t choose to not answer Kyuhyun, it’s just that he feels like throwing up if he opens his mouth even just a centimeter wide.

“You should have taken the medicines that I gave to you. I told you it’ll help.”

Does Kyuhyun know that he still has the baby? Did the nurses tell him? Did Henry tell him? What if he calls up Donghae to tell him?

Whatever happens, he can’t let Donghae know.

“I guess this the result of having the baby aborted,” Kyuhyun muttered enough for him to hear.

Phew! So, Kyuhyun doesn’t know.

Sungmin held onto his stomach, and gently rubbed it. “Kyuhyun, why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?”

Kyuhyun smirked. “I’m pretty sure you love this treatment from me though.”

There goes the arrogance once again!

“Never mind,” Sungmin said as he shook his head. “Can you call Henry for me? I’d rather he was here than you.”

“Henry’s eating lunch.”

“He can take his lunch here.”

“Yeah, but that’s a hassle.”

“I have a feeling you did something bad to my best friend.”

“Henry’s fine.”

“Then call him.”

“No way.”

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Lee Sungmin!”

A battle of instense glaring started between the two Juniors. A battle in which neither of them intended to end. 

But just then...

A faint cough from behind them suddenly startled them. “I’m sorry to disturb you guys from this loud bickering that everyone can hear in the hallway, but I need to see if Mr. Lee is having a fever.”

Nurse Amber literally pushed Kyuhyun away which made Sungmin and the nurse laugh. “I’m telling my father, Amber!” Kyuhyun spat.

“What exactly are you going to say, huh?!” Nurse Amber retaliated with a smile. “Now be a good kid, and go sit in a corner!”

“Could you just check if Sungmin is okay or not? Damn.”

Nurse Amber stuck an ear-thermometer in Sungmin’s ears, and after three seconds, she took it out. “Hmm, nope. No fever. You can go now Mr. Lee.”

Sungmin smiled thankfully at Amber before he started putting on his shoes.

Kyuhyun was outside waiting for him when he got out.

“You can leave,” Sungmin said.

“I’ll take you to Henry.”

“Ah-ha!” Sungmin hopped in front of Kyuhyun to stop the guy from walking. “So you do know where my best friend is!”

“I told you, we’re dating!” Kyuhyun smugly replied.

“Tell me, do you like my best friend?” Sungmin questioned with a frown.

“No, but I think I like one of his friends.”

Henry has more friends?

Who else is he friends with other than him?

 

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

 

 

 

 

(A/N): i.do.not.know.what.i.am.doing.anymore. 

err...uhmm...well... i hope you guys liked this chapter :\ i really don't wanna keep on skipping days, weeks, months, and/or years because i know that gets quite boring. forgive me but i think i'm gonna have to do that for this story. FORGIVE ME FORGIVE ME! /bows bows bows/ :(

so excited for tomorrow eeeep~ i'm turning 137 *cough* i'm gonna really enjoy my day tomorrow because it might be my last, yaknow, just in case my "sickness" acts up again /shrugs/ 

SUPER DUPER GIGANTIC HUGS TO ALL MY READERS!! AND TO ALL THE ELF AROUND THE WORLD WHO LOVES SUPER JUNIOR AS MUCH AS I DO!! ^^ #7YEARS