Final

Everlasting Love

  One fine day, a couple in their 3rd year of marriage, walks into a lawyer's office.

  Apparently, they are to file a divorce.

 

  As YoonA and DongHae explained to their lawyer, which was TaeYeon, TaeYeon was puzzled.

  TaeYeon was puzzled after she chatted with them, and got their story.

 

  "So, you've been quarreling for 3 years, since the year you were married?" TaeYeon asked.

  YoonA nodded responsively.

 

  They hang on because of their 2 year-old son, afraid that it might affect his up-bringing. But they couldn't bare much longer, all they wanted is to lead their own life free from all those years of unhappiness from their marriage, so they agreed on a divorce.

 

  TaeYeon was having a hard time trying to get the papers done, because she felt that after 3 years of marriage, she couldn't understand why they wanted to divorce.

 

  While they were signing the papers, YoonA told DongHae.

  "I really love you, but I can't carry on. I'm sorry."

  "It's okay, I understand." DongHae said. Looking at this, TaeYeon suggested to have a dinner with them together, just the three of them.

  YoonA thought, Why not? Since we're all gonna be friends.

 

  At the dining table, there was an awkward silence.

  The first dish was roasted chicken, immediately, DongHae took the drumstick for YoonA. "Take this. This is your favorite."

 

  Looking at this, TaeYeon thought that there might still be a chance, but the wife was frowning as she answered.

  "This is always the problem, you always think highly of yourself. You never thought about how I feel. Did you know that I hate drumsticks?"

 

  Little that she know, over the years, Donghae tried to please her. Little did she know that her husband's favorite are drumsticks. Little did he know that she never thought that he cares for her. Little did he know that she hates drumsticks, even though she wants the best for her.

 

  That night, both of them couldn't sleep. They tossed and turned. Toss and turn. After hours, DongHae couldn't take it anymore, he knows that he still loves her, and he can't carry on his life without her. He wants her back. He wants to tell her he is sorry. He wants to tell her 'I love you'.

 

  He picks up his phone, started dialing her number . . . ringing never stops. He never stopped dialing.

 

  On the other side, YoonA was sad. She couldn't understand after all those years he couldn't understand her.

  She loves him alot but she couldn't take it anymore.

 

  Phone's ringing. But she didn't answer it knowing that it's him.

 

  "What's the point of it now that it's over? I have ask for it and now I wanna keep this away, if not I will lose his face." She said. . . Still ringing, she decided to pull out the cord.

 

  Little did she know that he has heart problems.

 

  The next day, she received a sad news saying that he passed away. She rushed down to his apartment, saw his body, lying on the couch, phone in the hands. . . He had a heart attack when he was still trying to get her through the phone line.

 

  As sad as YoonA could be, she will have to clear his belongings. . . When she was looking thru the drawers, she saw this insurance policy, dated from the day they got married, and with the beneficiary being with her. With those, there was a note.

 

  To my dearest wife,

    By the time you're reading this, I'm sure I'm no longer around. I bought this policy for you. Though the amound is only W1000000, I hope it will be able to help me continue my promise that I have made when we got married. I might not be around anymore, I want this amount of money to continue taking care for you, just like the way I will if I could live longer. I want you to know that I'll always be with you, by your side. I love you.

 

  Then, tears flowed like river.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moral: When you love someone, let them know. You will never know what will happen in the next minute. Learn to build a life together. Learn to love each other. For who they are, not what they are.