Nerves

Calming the Storm

 

“I’m scared, I mean what if I make a fool of myself? What if I forget the lyrics? What if I fall on stage? What if I--”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he attempted to get his hyung to hold his head still. The wire on his headset mic had been irritating Chanyeol and the other coordi-noonas had been busying themselves with hair and makeup retouches for the others. The abnormally tall boy ran to Kyungsoo for help and almost immediately started to blurt out his worries about the performance.

 

“You won’t make a fool of yourself, you won’t forget your lines and you won’t fall on stage. Park Chanyeol you do this to yourself every time we have a live performance. Why are you so worried? You always practice hard in rehearsals, you have nothing to worry about.”

 

Kyungsoo stood fiddling with the stubborn wire of Chanyeol’s mic headset. They had been through this time and time again; Chanyeol would go from hyperactive to nervous to anxious in a matter of seconds and Kyungsoo was left to talk sense into the tall rapper. He watched as the older boy’s eyes widened and glazed over, as if in deep thought about something.

 

“But what if I do?” Chanyeol finally uttered. No-one would have guessed that EXO’s happy virus was this self-conscious about live performances.

 

The younger boy looked up with loving eyes at his lover and tried to hide the blush on his cheeks. Chanyeol’s profile looked better close up than it did from a distance. The younger shook those thoughts from his mind and remained silent as he finally fixed the headset and set it in place on the elder’s cheek.

 

Chanyeol turned to the young vocalist, his eyes still clouded with worry about anxiety; it almost broke Kyungsoo’s heart. He leant into Kyungsoo’s gentle hand and sighed in content at the words that were uttered quietly by the younger boy.

 

I love you, hyung. You’ll be fine, we’ll be fine. Hwaiting.

 

The older boy smiled a gleaming smile; suddenly he wasn’t worried about the performance anymore.