Chapter 3

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

***

"Oppaaaaaa! Open the door! You have not eaten anything since last night!" Yuri banged on Siwon's door, but no answer. She banged once more until her fingers hurt, but no success at all. "I'm leaving your dinner outside your door, grab it if you want." Then Yuri went back to her room.

Siwon had not spoken anything since Yuri and he went back from the airport. He even looked very pale and sick, and he also had not come out from his room since then. Yuri knew what made her brother like this. It was Sooyoung. Yuri always knew that her brother had feelings for Sooyoung, but Yuri had no idea why didn't he tell Sooyoung about his feelings. And now, Sooyoung was already in some other man's arms. No, not just some other man. He is Lee Jungmin's successor, Lee Donghae.

While Yuri was editing some columns in her room, suddenly she got a call from her boss, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. "Yuri! I have arranged an interview for you! Come to The Grotesque bar at 8! We'll meet you there, oh by the way could you tell Yoona to come by also? She will be the one taking the photo tonight." And then he hung up. 

"No way I'm going to that bar! And no way I'm taking Yoona with me!" She threw her phone to the bed in anger.

***

Yuri and Yoona arrived at the bar at 7.30, earlier than the interview time. As usual, everyone was looking at Yoona in awe, and Yoona flashed her beautiful smile to everyone. No wonder everyone's heart melts like ice. In the other hand, Yuri was trying her best to cover herself by looking away from everyone. But, she obviously failed on this.

"Hey Yuri! You finally came, huh?" A familiar voice to Yuri's ear. She didn't want to look up. But Yuri had no choice. "Hello, Taecyeon! What an awesome place you have here." Said Yoona. Taecyeon smiled and thanked her. He also offered Yoona drinks, but not to Yuri. "I do still remember that you don't drink, don't you? Here, have some water, you look tired." Taecyeon handed Yuri a bottle of ice water. Yuri finally looked up and took the bottle from his hand. She mouthed him thank you.

Not long after that, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun arrived, with two other people that Yuri somehow recognize. They were Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung. Mr. Cho immediately spotted Yuri and approached her, followed by Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung. As they stood closer now, they could see each other clearly, and Sooyoung suddenly turned a bit pale.

"Hey, Sooyoung unnie! How's Japan?" Asked Yoona in a bright voice, Yuri smiled along with Yoona's question. Sooyoung just smiled back at them, but she did look a bit panic. "Uh... Japan's good, but Korea is better." They laughed at the light joke. Mr. Cho suddenly clapped his hands, it could be seen from his face that he was happy. "Well, well, it seems like you're familiar with each other. Now, Yuri you could start the interview, and I will be around here enjoying this awesome place." Mr. Cho then walked to the bar, leaving the five of them alone.

Taecyeon was the first to break the ice among them. "So, this is the famous Lee Donghae, right? The successor of Lee Jungmin, your name is all over the news buddy." Lee Donghae smiled brightly. "Oh yeah, believe it or not I don't know that my father is that famous here, I'm almost killed by the press yesterday. Ah, you must be Ok Taecyeon, the owner of this place." Donghae and Taecyeon shook hands, they easily got along to each other. Yoona immediately in the conversation, and the three of them seemed to be having a good time.

"Wait, if I'm not mistaken, this young lady here want to interview me?" Donghae now turned to Yuri. Yuri was surprised that he noticed her. She then nodded softly. "Yes.... But I don't think we could do it right now since it's getting even more crowded." Said Yuri, secretly hoping he would postpone the interview and she could go home right now. But she was wrong.

Donghae walked closer to her and whispered in her ear, "I got a plan, let's go." Without saying another word, he pulled Yuri out of the crowd and dragged her to a spot in this huge place. Yuri did not have any idea on where he could be taking her. After some walks through bunch of people, now they're in a more opened space, in the center of the room. The dance floor. 

"It will be weird if we don't play along to the music right?" Then, Donghae slowly put his arms around Yuri's waist. Yuri was ultimately shocked she even tried to get out from his arms on reflex. "Hey, don't be that afraid of me, it will be totally weird if you and I stand face to face and you'll be taking notes on my interview. Let's do this in a more natural way. You can dig more if you do it that way." Said him. Yuri still did not say anything.

"You're not talking? Okay, let me trigger you by asking you questions. How are you?" Yuri looked even more confused. Out of all questions a guy could ask a girl, he chose the 'how are you' question. "Good. Uh, not so good actually. But, good." Yuri answered in a confused tone. Donghae chuckled at her answer. "Can't find the perfect word for it? Try 'gratefu'l." Yuri frowned a bit, then she nodded slowly. "Grateful is a nice word to choose." But Yuri still did not ask anything to him. "Now it's your turn to ask. Try a more friendly one." Said Donghae.

Yuri actually did not have any idea what question should she ask, she did not even know she would be interviewing him now. Yuri only got one question that stuck in her head. "Tell me about you and Sooyoung." Yuri did not  lose her cold tone. Donghae laughed. Out loud. Yuri noticed some heads turned to them. "Well, you're very interested in me, don't you?" Asked Donghae, smiling widely. "I'm more interested in Sooyoung, actually". Yuri answered, still cold. "You're a very interesting young lady." Donghae whispered to her, and it did creep Yuri out.

***

The next morning Yuri was early to arrive in her office. She thought no one was there yet, but as she stepped into the office, she saw Jessica. "Good morning!" Yuri greeted her as cheerful as she could be. Jessica turned her head towards Yuri and immeadiately approach her. She was frowning, and she even looked angry. "What's the matter...." Before Yuri could finish her question, Jessica showed Yuri the headline of the weekly tabloid she was holding before.

Yuri saw a big picture of a crowded room, but the picture was focused on two people. She could not help but to recognize them. As she did, her eyes dilate. Moreover, she read the headline: SUCCESSOR'S NEW LOVE? And Yuri did not even want to think about it

***