The Beginning

Ravaged
They had met in a bar. Apparently they had the same habit of celebrating the beginning of the weekend by going to a bar on every Friday and just enjoy watching the other people. So after a while they ended up in the same bar. It wasn’t the first time Himchan had seen Yongguk actually. He had already spotted the man a few times in the past months. And on that evening, he looked a bit down, unlike the other times. Himchan took all his courage and decided to try and start a conversation.
“Do you mind if I sit next to you?”
Yongguk looked up at him. Himchan wondered for a moment if he looked weird. He had gotten a new haircut that week and it was pretty short. Maybe he looked really ugly with it. He grew a bit self-conscious as he waited for Yongguk’s answer.
“Yeah sure,” Yongguk nodded and grabbed his vest on the chair next to him, putting it on his lap.
“Thanks,” Himchan smiled and sat down. “My name’s Kim Himchan.”
“Ah, I’m Bang Yongguk.”
He returned his attention to his glass, wondering why on earth this stranger started talking to him. Himchan mumbled ‘it’s nice to meet you too’ before preventing any awkward silence to come in between them.
“You don’t look… very… joyful.”
“I don’t feel like being joyful either.”
“Really? How come?”
Himchan didn’t know if his curiousity was annoying or not. It probably was, but he couldn’t help himself. He had always been a very curious person.
Yongguk sighed softly. “I don’t think you’d be interested to know what’s going on in a stranger’s life.”
“Ah, but I am interested. I’m what they call… a busybody.”
Yongguk chuckled softly. “You must be very liked.”
“Ye— Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?”
He looked up and grinned slightly. “People usually dislike busybodies. They stick their noses everywhere.”
“I was just trying to be nice and stuff…,” Himchan pouted.
Yongguk raised an eyebrow, looking at Himchan’s pout.
“Are you trying to be cute?”
“You’re quite mean. And no, it’s just a habit I never learned to lose.”
“I’m sorry… I’m really not in the mood to be nice, honestly.”
“Want to talk about it?”
He shrugged. “Why not, I guess.”
“I’m all ears,” Himchan smiled, leaning his onto the counter a little while he looked at Yongguk.
“I’m in the middle of a divorce.”
Himchan blinked and waited for more. But Yongguk stayed quiet, sipping his glass.
“Wait…That’s it?”
“What? Do you want there to be more?”
“Yeah. Like.. I don’t know. Your ex-wife is a ? You have kids? I don’t know.”
“Hey now. Stay nice okay? We might be divorcing, but my ex-wife is not a … Even though she’s making my life a living hell right now.”
“Why?”
“She claims everything. The apartment, the car, furniture… Even our dog. But she can have that, it never liked me,” Yongguk muttered bitterly.
“Ah…Well, try to win at least the car. Then you’ll have somewhere to sleep,”  Himchan tried to joke.
Yongguk smiled. “Yeah… I should do that.”
 
They continued to chat a little bit more, the atmosphere more relaxed than before. They stayed on general topics, not going more personal than Yongguk’s divorce. Himchan had had a hard time to not try and know more about the other man. Finally after the clock turned to 2 am, even though it only seemed they were talking for a couple of minutes in Himchan’s opinion, Yongguk stood up.
“It was nice to meet you, Himchan.”
“Same.”, Himchan nodded before adding: “I hope to see you again.”
Yongguk smiled. “Sure. I’ll be here next friday.”
“Alright. See you then!”
He nodded and put on his vest before paying for all his drinks and leaving the bar. Himchan followed him with his eyes, smiling softly to himself. He was going to fall for him, he just knew it.
 
 

A/N: sorry for updating slowly. My exams are over now so I can write more :D

And I just noticed this new thing underneath the place where we can type up our story. We can't post any pictures... Damn it. loljk