Ch. [07]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                            

Hyukjae gulped and looked down to his hands; the mood was tense as Kyuhyun drove to their first destination. “If you’re going to say something, say it now, I hate the people that stays quiet all the time with that awkward feeling,” Kyuhyun said and he didn’t miss how Hyukjae flinched at the sudden talk.

                            

Hyukjae gulped again, why was his throat feeling so clumsy at the moment? “I-It’s nothing…,” he lied not daring to look up at Kyuhyun.

                            

Kyuhyun frowned, or at least Hyukjae knew he did, because Kyuhyun was always frowning when they were together. “Then don’t act as a scared mouse, you’re only making me dislike you even more,” he said and probably he didn’t think of what he said, or maybe he did.

                            

Hyukjae felt it again, that pain in his chest. “So you don’t like me…,” he mumbled for himself as he looked through the window. How funny was it? He liked Kyuhyun ever since they first met, of course he was scared but it, Hyukjae really wanted to have a nice and friendly relationship. “I’m sorry…,” he said lowly, afraid of now Kyuhyun’s response. “But you know… I actually think-”

                            

“We’re here,” Kyuhyun cut stopping the car and taking his seat belt off, going out afterwards and leaving Hyukjae to eat his own words.

                            

“Of course…,” Hyukjae chuckled and laughed at himself, at his own failed and miserable attempt to be friendly. After leaving out a sigh, he went out as well only to find out Kyuhyun was meters away from him, walking as if he didn’t exist.

                            

They looked at the first house, the second one, the third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, but they wouldn’t make too many comments, Hyukjae thinking on how ridiculous he would be if he did since they were only going to live there for months.

                             

He was tired, Hyukjae decided. In the car they wouldn’t share even a single word, and when they were talking to the representative, the only sentences that left his mouth were just from one word since Kyuhyun did all the talking.

                             

“How many rooms?” Kyuhyun asked as soon as they reached the seventh house, Hyukjae’s legs killing him already.

                            

“Six,” the man said with a bright smile. “One of them can be adjusted to a studio and the others can all be adjusted as well,” he continued.

                            

Kyuhyun nodded and signaled the man to go out and leave him alone to contemplate the place. He was taking it too serious; Hyukjae thought watching Kyuhyun’s focused expression. Wow he’s handsome. And that wasn’t exactly what he intended to think in that moment, but he couldn’t stop himself and just bit his lower lip.

                            

“Kyuhyun-shi…,” Hyukjae called tiredly. “We don’t need too many rooms, I mean, we’re-”

                             

“I’m not planning on sleeping in the same room as you,” Kyuhyun cut coldly and Hyukjae pouted.

                            

“I didn’t mean that, jerk!” Hyukjae finally yelled.

                            

Forget it. Kyuhyun isn’t handsome anymore.

                            

“I will live in the same house for months, at least I’ll try to make it as peaceful as I can for myself, if we can be away even inside the house then I’ll buy the biggest one, who happens to be this one,” Kyuhyun said looking around.

                            

Once again, that pain in Hyukjae’s chest. “You’re such an idiot,” he mumbled looking away from him, blinking rapidly to restrain his tears from coming down. Why was he so sensitive anyways? He wasn’t like that before, just what happened to him?

                            

“Okay, I think this one will do,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae knew, even if he didn’t like the house, he had no right to say it out loud, Kyuhyun wouldn’t listen anyways.

                             

“We could just buy an apartment,” Hyukjae said frowning. “It’s easier to sell it later when we divorce.”

                            

Kyuhyun glared at him. “Just try to go against my mother’s wishes,” he challenged.

                             

“Seriously, you’re annoying Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae suddenly said, already tired of Kyuhyun’s attitude. “I’m leaving,” he announced going out from the house.

                            

Kyuhyun frowned and he ignored the seller when he came back asking if they wanted to buy. “Yah!” Kyuhyun yelled going out from the house as well, never in his life he thought he would be following Hyukjae.

                            

Hyukjae heard Kyuhyun calling for him and he frowned deeper even when his heart was beating way too quickly. Maybe the idea of getting away leaving an angry Kyuhyun wasn’t the best of all, but there was no way he would stop now. He raised his arm and begged, prayed for a taxi to come and stop before Kyuhyun reached him.

                            

“Yah! Hyukjae!” and Hyukjae pouted, why was Kyuhyun calling him in such an informal way?

                            

Hyukjae smiled for himself when finally the taxi stopped and he turned around to look one last time to Kyuhyun, who started trotting to reach him before he get away. He smirked, finally his dramatic moment; Kyuhyun didn’t have an idea of who he was messing around with.

                             

As soon as Hyukjae closed the door and told the driver his address, he looked pass the window and saw how Kyuhyun frowned at him, just watching how the car drove off.

                            

The uneasiness started almost instantly. Hyukjae felt his heart like crazy, it wasn’t even consistent anymore, just beating randomly fast at some point and almost stopping at another. Damn, damn, damn, DAMN! Hyukjae cursed in his mind. What had he done? He just left Kyuhyun, the Kyuhyun who practically wanted to kill him. The Kyuhyun who was going to live with him for the next months and every second was an opportunity to torture him. The Kyuhyun who wasn’t going to rest to make him suffer.

                            

Going away wasn’t a good idea after all.

                            

Hyukjae bit his lower lip nervously, his hands started sweating and he couldn’t stop his legs from shaking slightly. How was he supposed to face Kyuhyun the next time? What was he going to do? Should he start writing his testament? Did he even have something to leave? Damn it, the only friend he got was Siwon, and he was rich as well. Should he leave everything for Kyuhyun as his way to ask for forgiveness?

                            

But then again, Kyuhyun was being a jerk, he deserved it. Yes, Hyukjae wasn’t going to think too much about that, Kyuhyun had to understand he had to be respected as well.

                            

“Sir,” the driver called softly. “I can’t take you further, security doesn’t allow taxis here, but the place you want to visit is right in the second private,” he said apologetically.

                            

“Ah, it’s okay, thank you,” Hyukjae said giving the man a bill and going out of the car, not waiting for his change because he didn’t need it.

                            

. Hyukjae cursed again, just how the hell was he supposed to arrive home? He didn’t have an idea of where it was exactly and he blamed his father for allowing him to sleep in the car every time they traveled. He barely had the address and now he had to walk. Just how was he going to arrive?

                            

Hyukjae arrived to where some officers were, probably the ones that would always patrol the area since only rich people lived there.

                             

“Umm… excuse me…,” Hyukjae called softly and the men looked at him.

                            

“Is there something we can help you sir?” One of them, the nicest one, Hyukjae thought, asked him.

                            

“Ahh… I just want to know where this street is…,” Hyukjae said showing the piece of paper with his address written in it was.

                            

After receiving the proper instructions, Hyukjae bowed and thanked the men, politely greeting goodbye and thanking them again before starting to walk again towards the place.

                            

Now he finally could arrive home, all by his own. He didn’t need Kyuhyun. Not at all…

                            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                             

I need Kyuhyun. Hyukjae thought as he saw the sun hiding. Why was he still walking randomly on the streets again? He asked himself, the same question running around in his mind for the past three hours. Oh right, I wanted to be cool.

                            

Hyukjae sighed. This wasn’t good, soon it’ll be dark and he had to arrive home before a panic attack precluded him. He looked at his watch and bit his lower lip. It’s okay, I’m close… I’m sure of it… kind of… and he felt it, the panic building inside him.

                            

He remembered that one time he got lost while visiting London. He was supposed to go to the hotel, but he at directions and he knows it. Hyukjae was walking and then some girls trapped him, apparently, girls in European countries were far more liberal than the ones in Asia. He learnt that in a hard way.

                            

Panic was nothing as he felt the lights of a car behind him; why did he hear the car slow down? Damn! I’m going to get ! And it wasn’t panic anymore, but pure and unstoppable fear.

                            

He started walking faster, trying to act as if he wasn’t scared; the car was now by his side, following him slowly and the window was slid down. “Come in,” he heard and he never thought he would be so thankful to hear Kyuhyun’s voice.

                            

But then again, Hyukjae had still some pride and he continued walking, ignoring Kyuhyun who was leaning over towards the passenger’s window. “Yah! Didn’t you hear me?!” he exclaimed clearly annoyed.

                            

And Hyukjae kept on walking, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips pursed. He heard how the car stopped completely and the door opened and closed again, the next thing he knew was that Kyuhyun was holding him harshly by the wrist. “Y-Yah!” Hyukjae tried to free himself.

                            

“Can’t you not hear well?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. “Just go into the damn car! I’ve been looking for you for hours already!” he said with a big frown in his face.

                            

Hyukjae pouted and finally, and he has to admit, miraculously, freed himself from Kyuhyun’s strong grip. “I don’t want to, I can go home by myself,” he said turning once again against Kyuhyun.

                            

“Seriously, how more stupid can you get?!” Kyuhyun asked once again reaching for him, this time ignoring Hyukjae’s yells of frustration and dragging him towards the car. “You don’t even know where you are idiot! Your house is way too far away from here and you forgot your damn phone in the damn car! NOW GO INSIDE!” he said opening the door of the passengers’ side and practically throwing Hyukjae in there.

                            

“I told you I don’t want to!” Hyukjae said stepping outside again, his voice raising because truly, he was happy Kyuhyun was looking for him, but it was his fault since the very first beginning for being so annoying!

                            

“Don’t make me lose my temper Hyukjae, you don’t know me,” Kyuhyun threatened pushing Hyukjae once again inside and closing the door; quickly walking towards the other side of the car.

                            

Hyukjae tried to open the door. Because compared to the so many dramas and movies; he knew he could escape as the driver walked to the other side, he wasn’t as stupid as Kyuhyun thought he was.

                            

Apparently he was wrong even at that, because the door had the children’s lock and couldn’t be opened from inside. “Stupid genius,” he cursed under his breath as he watched Kyuhyun get inside as well.

                            

“Put on your seat belt,” Kyuhyun said putting on his as well.

                            

But Hyukjae did nothing, instead he looked away through the window, a pout in his lips and his arms crossed over his chest. “I don’t want to,” he said stubbornly.

                            

Kyuhyun hissed and took off his seat belt, only to lean towards Hyukjae’s side and pulling his.

                             

Hyukjae blushed, Kyuhyun’s face was way too close to him and damn, he had to admit the man was handsome and he was starting to think that that mad expression was even y. Damn Hyukjae! Get a grip of yourself! He scolded looking away to hide his evident blush.

                            

Finally Kyuhyun backed away, once again putting on his seat belt and starting the motor. Hyukjae felt how his lungs screamed in pain, how could he not even realize he was holding his breath?

                            

And after what Hyukjae thought as the longest and most awkward trip ever, they arrived to his house. He wanted to yell in happiness, to jump so high and throw confetti to the air. Because oh, how much he missed his own house. But he kept quiet, biting his lower lip and still with his arms crossed over his chest.

                            

He waited until the house’s automatic door opened, this time not going out first because he couldn’t even open the door. “Next time don’t act like this, the media will know and talk about it,” Kyuhyun said as he stopped exactly on the front door of Hyukjae’s house.

                            

Hyukjae frowned, the happiness of being with Kyuhyun fading away automatically. “Then don’t act as a jerk anymore, I’m doing my best for this to work for you, ,” he mumbled the last word.

                            

Kyuhyun clenched on the steering wheel tightly, so tightly that Hyukjae could see how his fingers went white and he gulped. Had he gone too far?

                            

“But okay, I won’t do this next time,” Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “I’ll get myself a car so it won’t be so showy…,” he mumbled.

                            

Kyuhyun said nothing but Hyukjae could see his annoyed face, maybe he was giving Kyuhyun way too much problems. Not only they spent the whole day looking for a house they didn’t even choose, but also it was late at night and Kyuhyun had been looking for him those last hours, probably afraid of what could their parents do to him.

                            

Hyukjae took off his seat belt as he watched Kyuhyun go to his side and open the door for him. Thanks, you’re my life savior. Those were the words Hyukjae wanted to say but that he would obviously not.

                            

“I’m going in then,” Hyukjae decided to say as he walked towards the entrance.

                            

Kyuhyun held him by the wrist and once again, that stubborn heart that didn’t learn when to beat or stop.

                            

“Which was the house you liked?” Kyuhyun asked looking everywhere but him and Hyukjae blushed furiously.

                            

Hyukjae knew which houses were okay for Kyuhyun, he knew which one he particularly disliked and openly said he wasn’t going to buy that even if he was pointed by a gun by Heechul. “The third one,” Hyukjae challenged and he saw Kyuhyun’s disgust face.

                            

“Seriously?” Kyuhyun asked now looking at Hyukjae who nodded determined. Truth is, he liked all of them, but still, he had to at least let Kyuhyun know he had some decisions to make as well. Kyuhyun sighed. “Fine,” he hissed letting Hyukjae’s hand go, the latter didn’t even notice they were still holding hands and he blushed even more furiously. “I’ll sign the contract tomorrow then,” Kyuhyun said looking away. “I’m leaving,” he announced then turning around and walking towards his car.

                            

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and saw how Kyuhyun retreated. “T-Thanks… for bringing me home…,” he said looking down, not really in the mood to see Kyuhyun’s face. “And also for taking into account my opinion…,” he continued. “Truth is I liked all the houses… It’s okay for you to decide…,” he confessed and when he looked up he saw Kyuhyun’s amused face.

                            

“Okay then…,” Kyuhyun said after a few seconds of just awkwardly looking at each other. He said no more and went up to his car, driving off almost instantly.

                            

Hyukjae sighed deeply, once again letting go the air he didn’t know he was holding and promising himself to stop doing it because damn, it felt like his lungs were cursing at him for that.

                            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•