Ch. [35]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
Kyuhyun drove his car slowly, turning around just to see if he was lucky enough to get a glimpse of Hyukjae. He passed by the park and watched carefully, not once or twice, but several times. Hyukjae liked to go and have fun with the kids at the park, if not, he would go and badmouth Kyuhyun with the homeless people that always wandered around their neighborhood.
                
“Have you seen Hyukjae?” Kyuhyun asked to one of Hyukjae’s homeless friends and the man shook his head.
                
“What did you do this time Kyuhyun?” the man asked and Kyuhyun groaned.
                
“I got him mad…,” Kyuhyun sighed resting his body against the wall of the building behind him as the man looked through the garbage. 
                
“Again?” the man asked with a chuckle and Kyuhyun sighed deeply.
                
“I think this time was the worst…,” Kyuhyun admitted and the man patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.
                
And it was amazing how Kyuhyun was friends with them all as well, now not minding getting dirty to talk with them or shake their hands. It was natural and he thanked Hyukjae for meeting such wonderful people. “He will come back soon, he never gets mad for too long,” the man said and Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair.
                
“He doesn’t have his phone with him, I can’t track him. He’s also not in the park, I already went there like seven times. And it’s been like seven hours since he went out from home…,” Kyuhyun said frustrated. “I called his father and my parents but they don’t know either…”
                
The man laughed softly and offered Kyuhyun a candy. “He’s really impulsive, he’s probably taking a bus to the beach or something. He will call you as soon as he feels scared of being alone…,” he said and Kyuhyun smiled sincerely, taking the candy and sighing deeply.
                
“That’s what his dad told me,” Kyuhyun said. “He said I shouldn’t worry but I really need to talk to him and apologize…”
                
“Just don’t break your promise this time,” the man mocked and Kyuhyun glared at him.
                
“I’ll keep looking, if you know anything please let me know,” Kyuhyun said going to his car and thanking the man who nodded and smiled at him, yelling that he should not worry too much because Hyukjae could take care of himself.
                

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
“Hello?” Kyuhyun answered anxiously.
                
It’s been almost fifteen hours since Hyukjae left that Kyuhyun thinks he’s becoming crazy already. He has been calling everyone asking for Hyukjae. He had to convince a policeman that he wasn’t stalking anyone and that he wasn’t a e for driving by the park too many times in a manner that he himself found suspicious.
                
“Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked in the other line and Kyuhyun groaned.
                
“Damn Siwon, you could chose a better time to annoy me, I’m busy right now,” Kyuhyun said annoyed and frustrated, it was almost three in the morning and he couldn’t sleep, not with Hyukjae wandering around alone.
                
“What the hell did you do this time Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked annoyed. 
                
Kyuhyun stopped. “Has Hyukjae talked to you? Do you know where he is?” he asked, opening his eyes widely.
                
Siwon scoffed. “You tell me first,” he said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, feeling a little bit calmer now that Siwon had some information.
                
“Seohyun came to our house and claimed she was going to be the owner in the future. And he went out after she wanted to go into his studio,” Kyuhyun exclaimed and he could hear Siwon sighing in the other line.
                
“You’re an idiot Kyuhyun,” Siwon said. “His dance studio is sacred, no one can go in there without permission,” he explained. “And I would have thought you would control your girlfriend better.”
                
Kyuhyun sighed. “She’s not my girlfriend anymore, but she came anyways…,” he said pulling his already messy hair in frustration. “Now, where is Hyukjae?”
                
“Does Hyuk know you two broke up?” Siwon asked ignoring Kyuhyun’s question.
                
Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “I haven’t had the opportunity to tell him, now tell me,” he said hurriedly.
                
Siwon chuckled. “I’m on my way to the airport, he’s waiting for me there,” he said and Kyuhyun widened his eyes.
                
“He’s in France?!” Kyuhyun almost yelled and it took him some seconds to actually catch it up. “Okay, send me your address, I’ll go pick him up,” he said already going to grab his passport.
                
“You’re coming for him?! From Korea to France?! Really?” Siwon asked amused. “Okay, I won’t tell him or he will probably go away again without me noticing,” he said chuckling. 
                
“Whatever, keep him safe,” Kyuhyun warned before hanging up and going out of the house, taking with him everything he needed.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep in the plane, it was hours and hours awake and he wasn’t going to close his eyes until Hyukjae was in his arms.
                
As soon as he arrived to France, he took a taxi and gave the driver Siwon’s address. 
                
He couldn’t stand his anxiety as he waited for the elevator to take him to Siwon’s floor. He ran his fingers through his hair. It was almost two in the morning in France and he couldn’t care less as he knocked the door and rang the bell like a mad person.
                 
The door opened revealing a tired looking Siwon. “Geez, chill down Kyuhyun, it’s two in the morning,” he said opening the door widely and yawning at the same time, rubbing his eyes with his fingers to feel himself a little more awake.
                 
“Where is he?” Kyuhyun asked as soon as he stepped inside.
                
Siwon simply pointed at the small hall of his apartment. “Second door at the right,” he said yawning again.
                
Kyuhyun ran to the said door and opened it widely, sighing in relief when he found Hyukjae sleeping in the huge bed while hugging a pillow.
                
He smiled softly and walked to Hyukjae, kneeling down and caressing Hyukjae’s hair. “Hyukjae,” he called softly, leaning down to kiss the smaller’s forehead. “Hyukjae,” he called again.
                
It took Kyuhyun almost ten minutes to wake Hyukjae up completely. Or more like make him open his eyes because Hyukjae still seemed sleepy.
                
Hyukjae pouted and rubbed his eyes softly, which Kyuhyun found extremely cute and leaned closer to kiss the pout away, hugging Hyukjae tightly after. “Damn Hyukjae, don’t do this again,” he said sighing in relief and feeling how his body was screaming to rest.
                
“Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae mumbled as he hugged Kyuhyun back and snuggled closer to the taller.
                
“Let’s go home,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae simply nodded, clearly sleepy.
                
Kyuhyun smiled and carried Hyukjae up, bridal style. He chuckled softly as Hyukjae rounded his arms around his neck and continued sleeping, cuddling against his chest.
                
He went past the living room and as he could, he took Hyukjae’s bag with him, chuckling at Siwon now sleeping on the couch.
                 
“Idiot, we’re leaving,” Kyuhyun announced, kicking Siwon’s body softly.
                
“Yeah, whatever,” Siwon said turning around and continuing sleeping.
                
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “You better fix things here soon so you can go home,” he warned and Siwon simply groaned in his sleep, mumbling a ‘yeah, later’.
                
Hyukjae didn’t wake up in the taxi, until they were in the airport. “Kyuhyun…,” he mumbled rubbing his cheeks but not letting go of Kyuhyun who was sitting down in the bench, waiting for their flight and hugging a sleepy Hyukjae in his arms.
                
“You’re finally awake,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae pouted, opening his eyes and looking around.
                
“Kyuhyun… where are we?” Hyukjae narrowed his eyes.
                
“Airport, we’re going back home,” Kyuhyun announced chuckling softly.
                
Hyukjae simply nodded, probably still disoriented. Still, when he turned and saw Kyuhyun’s face close to his, he smiled and leaned closer, capturing Kyuhyun’s lips into a loving and soft kiss.
                
Kyuhyun smiled and kissed back, finally breathing freely after finding Hyukjae.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

               
“I’m sorry…,” Hyukjae apologized as they entered their house, holding hands because Kyuhyun was afraid Hyukjae would go away.
                
Kyuhyun sighed. “It’s okay, just don’t do this again or at least tell me your plans and don’t forget the damn phone…,” he said frustrated.
                
Hyukjae smiled. “I was mad…,” he admitted and Kyuhyun smiled softly.
                
“I know, but it won’t happen again and she didn’t go into your studio,” Kyuhyun assured and Hyukjae smiled brighter.
                
“Thank you…,” Hyukjae mumbled leaning up to kiss Kyuhyun’s lips. “You should rest now,” he said caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek.
                
Kyuhyun closed his eyes and sighed deeply, enjoying Hyukjae’s touch. “I have a meeting with president Park in two hours… I’ll just take a shower and go…,” he explained and Hyukjae bit his lower lip, feeling extremely guilty about it. “You should rest as well,” Kyuhyun said letting go of Hyukjae and turning toward his room. “Just sleep, I’ll be here in a few hours,” he announced entering his room.
                
Hyukjae chewed his lips and went to grab the phone after a few minutes, dialing one of the numbers in the small notebook by its side.
                
“Hello?” the other line answered and Hyukjae smiled.
                
“President Park, hello, this is Lee Hyukjae,” Hyukjae said softly.
                
“Oh! Hyukjae-shi! What a nice surprise! What can I help you with?” Hyukjae smiled wider, hearing the shower on.
                
“Well… as far as I know you have an appointment with my husband, in about… two hours?” Hyukjae asked and cleared his throat softly after the confirmation. “I was wondering if you could postpone it for another day, maybe next week? I would love to spend time with him since he’s been so busy lately…,” he said carefully and bit his lower lip in nervousness.
                
There were a few seconds of silence and Hyukjae then could hear a soft laughter. “Of course! I’ll tell my secretary and ask her to reschedule it!” the president exclaimed and Hyukjae smiled widely.
                
“Thank you Mr. Park!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily.
                
“There’s nothing to thank me, family is first!” Mr. Park said and Hyukjae hummed in response.
                
After greeting goodbye and thanking the man again, Hyukjae hung up and went to Kyuhyun’s room, waiting for the taller to go out from the shower and sitting in his bed for the mean while.
                
Kyuhyun went out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist and raised an eyebrow as soon as he saw Hyukjae.
                
Hyukjae turned to Kyuhyun with a bright smile before he blushed deeply and looked away instantly. “I-I called Mr. Park… he said he will reschedule the appointment…,” he said shyly, still looking away.
                
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and frowned softly. “Mr. Park never reschedules any appointment,” he said pursing his lips and looking at Hyukjae who kept on avoiding his eyes. “Is there something wrong?” he asked concerned.
                
Hyukjae blushed even deeper. “J-Just… put on some clothes…,” he said nervously and Kyuhyun chuckled.
                
“Why? Am I making you nervous?” Kyuhyun said smugly and Hyukjae rolled his eyes. Kyuhyun was about to continue teasing Hyukjae when he heard his phone ring and he went to see the message. He gasped and turned towards Hyukjae. “How did you do it?” he asked.
                
Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Put some clothes on,” he repeated and Kyuhyun scoffed before obeying.
                
“Ok, now you can look,” Kyuhyun said, wearing a loose shirt and shorts.
                
Hyukjae turned around and sighed. “He liked me because I remind him of his daughter who’s studying in France,” he finally explained and Kyuhyun nodded. “Now you can rest all day long right?” he asked with a smile.
                
Kyuhyun smiled and went to sit down by Hyukjae’s side. “Thank you,” he said and kissed Hyukjae’s lips softly.
                
Hyukjae smiled and kissed back, breaking apart after a few seconds. “Just sleep, I have to shower,” he giggled standing up. “Good dreams,” he said and walked to the door, stopping when Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist.
                
“Come here after you shower,” Kyuhyun simply said and Hyukjae blushed, simply nodding.
                
After a few more minutes, Hyukjae walked into Kyuhyun’s room and saw the taller man already resting in the bed. He bit his lower lip and crawled up, fixing himself by Kyuhyun’s side.
                
Kyuhyun said nothing and turned around slightly, wrapping his hand around Hyukjae to pull him closer to him until their faces were mere inches away. He looked at Hyukjae’s blushing face and smiled, leaning closer to kiss him softly while pulling him as close as he could.
                
Hyukjae pressed his hands against Kyuhyun’s chest softly, clenching the other’s shirt as he closed his eyes and kissed back.
                
They broke apart after a while and smiled at each other. “Now I can sleep…,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae giggled.
                
“Ok, I promise I won’t go anywhere now,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun smiled, pecking his lips before closing his eyes and sighing deeply, hugging Hyukjae tightly.
                
Hyukjae took his hand up and caressed Kyuhyun’s cheek softly. “Rest well Kyuhyun,” he said lowly and Kyuhyun simply hummed in content, falling asleep almost instantly.
                
Hyukjae pecked Kyuhyun’s chin before closing his eyes as well, cuddling against Kyuhyun and smiling softly.
                
It was the first time they slept like a real couple and Hyukjae was loving the sensation.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


                     
A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic