Ch. [75]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Kyuhyun, please take me with you,” Siwon begged as Kyuhyun arranged Hyukjae’s clothes, the smaller man sitting on the couch looking at the nothingness.

 

“No, thanks,” Kyuhyun said coldly. “I want Hyukjae all for myself.

 

“That’s very selfish!” Siwon complained. “I want a part of him as well!”

 

“Too late, idiot,” Kyuhyun chuckled and closed the suitcase. “But I’ll send you the address and you can come by anytime to greet, I won’t stop you from it,” he smirked and glanced at Siwon. “Also, I heard you’re in training to manage a new company, congratulations.”

 

Siwon groaned and messed up his own hair in frustration. “Shut up, it was your fault. I’m still trying to get away from that but your father is really clever.”

 

“Why do you think I married Hyukjae?” Kyuhyun smiled. “Because my parents are clever.”

 

Siwon chuckled. “No,” he said. “You married Hyukjae because he’s love himself.”

 

“That too,” Kyuhyun gave a small step towards the couch and kissed Hyukjae’s hair. “He’s made out of pure love, that’s for sure.”

 

Siwon chuckled as he watched Kyuhyun’s movements careful. “I seriously don’t remember when was it that you became so cheesy,” he chuckled. “I remember you were always glaring at me, and Hyukjae.”

 

“That was because I didn’t like either of you,” Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “I guess with the time I loved Hyukjae a little more very day,” he then turned towards Siwon. “You, in contrast,” he smirked playfully. “I still don’t like you.”

 

Siwon gasped. “But Kyuhyunnie~ Why are you so mean to me?”

 

Kyuhyun made a disgusted face and looked away. “That’s exactly why.”

 

It didn’t take too long for Siwon to tackle Kyuhyun down, making the latter laugh loudly for the tickles Siwon was giving him.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“When will you come back?” Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and smiled. “I don’t know.”

 

Heechul sighed. “Alright, alright…,” she chuckled. “I’ve said goodbye too many times today already, so I’ll just let you go now. Come visit soon, alright?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded and held Hyukjae’s hand firmly, looking back at Hangeng trying to keep Siwon from running towards them and just simply waving goodbye since they had had a party already.

 

The trip wasn’t short, but it was peaceful. The buses were slightly worn out, but Hyukjae was by his side, looking at the nothingness as Kyuhyun held his hand firmly, kissing the back of it from time to time, whispering how much he loved him.

 

It had been a great decision, Kyuhyun decided. He hadn’t realized how much it could affect him just leaving it all behind. He started feeling anxious and he turned towards Hyukjae, so calm and neutral. “It’s alright,” Kyuhyun whispered, smiling softly. He was still anxious. He still didn’t know what would happen or which were the consequences of his sudden and not well thought acts. Yet, just being by Hyukjae’s side, knowing he could get better, would be enough for him to take such big risk in his life.

 

It was almost darkening when they arrived to the small town, completely different from the big city they lived in. Kyuhyun sent someone to get their suitcases, with only basic things, and walked for a few minutes towards the small house he had bought for them to live.

 

“Look Hyuk!” Kyuhyun pointed the twilight. “It’s beautiful from here!” he said, grinning widely, trying not to lose his excitement when Hyukjae didn’t react to his words or actions. “Let’s come here often,” he said before keeping on walking, holding Hyukjae’s hand as if there was no tomorrow. “You’ll like this place,” he kept on talking. “The house is small, but I think you’ll be comfortable in it,” he chuckled. “And I also got a job,” he laughed softly. “I won’t tell you what exactly, because you probably will laugh and think it’s not made for me,” he kissed Hyukjae’s temple. “But it’ll give you time to be by yourself, just as the doctor told us to.”

 

It took them a few more minutes, when sunlight was almost gone to arrive to a small house in the fields. It was so far away from the next house that Kyuhyun thought it would be a little uncomfortable to yell at their neighbors like that to ask a cup of sugar. He chuckled at his own thought.

 

Their small suitcases were already in the entrance and for a moment, Kyuhyun thought they could be stolen. Sighing softly, he guided Hyukjae in and then came back for their suitcases, dragging Hyukjae along to the small bedroom.

 

The house was small, maybe too small. There was a small living room, that consisted in simple couches and no TV. There was also a small kitchen and just one bathroom. The bedroom they would stay in wasn’t that big either, but it was enough for them in that moment. Instead of a house, Kyuhyun would have like to call it a small cabin in the middle of crop fields.

 

It wasn’t that late when Kyuhyun finished arranging their clothes and making everything more comfortable, yet, the darkness of the place made him think it was time to go sleep already. “Come on, Hyuk,” he called, kissing Hyukjae’s cheek lovingly. “Go changed into your pajamas and wash your teeth. I’ll do the same so we can both go to sleep early, you must be tired.”

 

Hyukjae didn’t say anything. He didn’t even look at Kyuhyun. But he obeyed. He went to the small bathroom that was out of the room and fixed himself slowly, with such patience Kyuhyun thought would never see. When he came back, he was already ready to sleep, just as Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun had never gone to bed feeling so calm in his life. He hugged Hyukjae tightly and smiled. “Everything is going to be alright, Hyuk,” he smiled, closing his eyes as his body claimed to rest. “I promise.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

The mornings were fresh in that place and Kyuhyun woke feeling especially energetic. “Go shower, Hyuk, I’ll make something for breakfast,” he said, kissing Hyukjae’s cheek lovingly before going out to the small kitchen, not complicating his own existence and just cooking two eggs for each.

 

They ate in silence. Kyuhyun kept on looking at Hyukjae and tried to suppress the feeling of deceive every time he looked at the love of his life and nothing had changed. How much he wished he could make him come back as soon as possible. “I’ll go to work in a few minutes, Hyuk,” Kyuhyun commented. He knew, that somewhere inside his wife, he was listening to him. “I’ll tell you where, but don’t laugh,” he chuckled. “I’m a crop collector.” The proud way he said would have made Hyukjae crack up into laughter in the past. Now Hyukjae was there, sitting, eating slowly, as if he didn’t exist.

 

Kyuhyun’s heart was breaking slowly.

 

Although he was scared of what could happen, Kyuhyun went out, giving Hyukjae’s lips a small peck. He walked along the fields and tried to remember the instructions to reach his new job.

 

He knew nothing about physical labor. What else, Kyuhyun was never a fan of exercise and he knew it would be hard. “I’m just a rich man trying to play a real man,” he sighed deeply, finally reaching a small cabin where women and men were gathered outside.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun looked up and nodded. “Ah yes, that’s me.”

 

The man was slightly old. Maybe 60 years. “You don’t look with an appropriate dressing for work,” he commented and Kyuhyun felt ashamed of himself. Although he had chosen his clothes to fit in his new workplace, it was probably too showy.

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll get new ones later,” Kyuhyun apologized, lowering his head. He didn’t want to admit it, but deep inside he knew; Cho Kyuhyun was terrified of a new life.

 

After a simple look of disapproval, he was given instructions to reach a certain field and a huge basket he had to bring back five times a day.

 

The field wasn’t far. The good thing about countryside towns, was that everything was close enough and he could reach everywhere by just walking.

 

It was hard. Damn was it hard. He was sweating as he had never before and he could see his skin already changing colors. He looked up and the sun was directly on him, as if mocking his inability to make something productive with his own hands instead of using his brain. “ you, sun,” he cursed before placing the tomatoes carefully into the basket.

 

The first basket was thought to be the hardest, yet, he finished at the same time that everyone else. He wasn’t really proud. Everyone who worked in that place was already old and worn out, to compare himself to them was too much to stand and he wanted to think he would be faster later.

 

The fifth basked was filled hardly. Kyuhyun’s hands were already filled with blisters from the small plants he had to manipulate all day. He didn’t give up. “You’re doing fine, son,” a couple approached him, carrying the basket on their backs as Kyuhyun struggled to get his on it as well.

 

“I’m trying,” Kyuhyun smiled politely, trying to not show how much he wanted to lay down and sleep for weeks.

 

“It’ll get easier,” the old man laughed softly and patted his shoulder when finally Kyuhyun could hang the basket.

 

“You’re a strong young man,” the old lady said, smiling softly as only old people do. “Let’s get this done and go home.”

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t be happier and more motivated with any other words. He talked with the couple as they walked, and they told him basically of their life, which had consisted in just living in there with nothing new and nothing interesting in their entire life. “What about you, young man? You don’t look you’re from here.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “My wife needed fresh air from the countryside,” he said, smiling widely as he thought about Hyukjae.

 

Of course he was worried. He couldn’t imagine Hyukjae going out to explore and getting lost and him all day working under the sun. Yet, something told him Hyukjae would wait for him patiently.

 

The day finished and Kyuhyun couldn’t be more thankful for it. He went back to the small house and opened the door, quickly looking for Hyukjae with his eyes.

 

The small man was sitting on the couch, facing the window that illuminated the entire room. “Hyuk,” he greeted, kissing his temple. “Come on, let’s eat something.”

 

Although he was exhausted, Kyuhyun felt himself with enough energy as to stay awake with Hyukjae for a few more hours before going to take a shower and sleep together once more.

 

He had no idea if what he was doing would work, but he was willing to try any kind of suggestion that came to him with the promise of making Hyukjae come back to him completely.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                        




A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

Was it too rushed? TT^TT

I'm sorry, I'm still getting used to write as before... D:

I love you all!