How It Went On

You're not mine anymore, Are you?

#4 How it went on

It has been two weeks since the dance. After that night, it was somewhat awkward between us. We didn't talk as we used to,he never sat with us at the table; it was back to normal. It was as if we never got close. TOP and I got a little closer though; he would take the bus with me home or give me a ride on his motorbike. Since we lived closer to each other we hung out more, we talked more; on the phone or we would meet up and just talk about endless topics. We had more in-common than I thought.

Chaerin and I were having lunch by my locker when TOP sat next to us, "What are you doing after school?" he asked me directly.

I shook my head, "why?"

"Good leave it free." He said and left.

"Yeah I have other plance, so I can't come." Chaerin yelled after him.

"he didn't ask you though." I teased and she rolled her eyes at me.

"so like... whats up with you two? I mean first it was Jiyong, now TOP?" she asked.

"Huh? nothing. TOP and I have more in-common that I thought." I shrugged.

Chaerin looked behind me, " So, you and Jiyong are not talking anymore?"

"We talk. Its just... our deal is over so he doenst stick to me anymmore. Which is good cause then I can stop worrying about girls wanting to kill me." I said. Chaerin laughed.

"Okay, that," she pointed at Jiyong who walked passed us- he didnt even bother saying hi, "that is not talking."

He kept walking, like he didnt see us. He's with the brown haired girl at the dance.

'So mm... whats up with him and the girl" I asked Chaerin.

"Hmm," she swallowed her drink, "thats Jessica, they used to date but she broke up with him apparrently. And now she wants to get back with him. Jiyong was so into her back then, like he used to do whatever she wanted. They dated way back though, like maybe junior high? about 2 years ago. why?" 

"Nothing. Just curious. I saw them at the dance and they've been together since," I said

"Mmm. Yeah."

And thats all i got from Chaerin, I know she saw them too but I guess thats just normal for her. When Chaerin adn i went back to class, we were told to go to the courtyard because we were having a free-time' which means we could do wahtever we want as long as we stay at the courtyard.

"Oh! Chaerin! Yumi!" Tiffany called us. She was sitting with Jessica and Jiyong. Jessica smiled at me and Jiyong whispered something to her. Fine, he wants to ignore me? I'll play.

"Oh! Yumi this is Jessica. You know Jiyong right?" Tiffany said.

"yeah." I mumbled

All of them kept chatting, Tiffany was actually pretty close with Jessica, and so was Anne and Irene. Chany on the other hand wasn't close with her so hew as the only one chatting with me.

"So Yumi, you have a boyfriend?" Channy asked.

"Aha, why you interested?" Answer a wuestion with a question is the best way to avoid answering.

Channy laughed too,"Just making sure no one will punch me if i keep talking to you."

"Oh no. no one will do that." I said.

"well, i'm getting hungry, wanna come with me to cafeteria?" He asked.

"Sure!" I said and got up. Only to be tripped by Jessica.

Channy helped me up, "Are you okay?"

I was about to say that I was except I notice my knees were bleeding. I dont know where he came from but TOP just appeared on my side.

"I'll take her to the nurse's office." He said and carried me.

"woah! I'm okay, I can walk. You can put me down." I told him. But he just kept walking until we reached the nurse's office.

The nurse disinfected my scrape and put a bandage on it while TOP just stood there and watched. He never left my side and I'm glad.

"Alright you should be okay. That will heal in a few days, but you need to keep it clean." the nurse said.

I bowed and said my thank.

"You really didnt need to carry me, you know." I told TOP.

"Oh come on, if I was gonna look like a hero I had to do it right." He said.

I laughed, "You're so weird!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I was getting some things in my locker, I almost dropped my history book.

"Careful." Someone said.

"Thanks." I said.

"How's your knee?" He asked.

"its okay." I took my english book as well, " I thought you were ignoring me?"

When no one asnwered, I thought he might've left.

"Give me that. I'll walk you home." He said and took my books.

"I'm not going home yet actually. I need to wait for TOP." I told him. he gave a confuse look.

"Yah Yumi I told you to wait for me!" TOP yelled for across the hall.

"oh you two have plans?" Jiyong asked me.

"Yeah. I think."

"Hey bro, were you helping Yumi out?" TOP asked Jiyong.

"Oh, neh Hyung. Anyway, you should get her home." Jiyong said.

"Oh yeah. That's what I was planning. well we'll leave first." TOP said and took my stuff from Jiyong.

"I thought you said we had plans?" I asked him.

"You like him dont you?" He asked me all of a sudden.

I stopped walking and looked at him, "Woah, what are you talking about?" 

"I see it. That time when you fell and I carried you to the nurse's office. You didn't want me to put you down because you were embarrass, it was because you didn't want him to get the wrong idea." He explained.

I laughed, " hahaha youre crazy."

"nope. don't worry I wont tell. I wouldnt want to be the one confessing." He stuck his tongue out and started walking again. When we reached his motorbike, "well, what are you waiting for? Hop on!" He said.

He drove me home, but we stopped to get some food for my parents. Oh I forgot to mention, he and my dad are quite close now. They watch basketball and soccer together, they even talk about the politics or about business. 

"You wanna come in?" I asked when we reached my house.

"Oh no, you go rest." he shooed me away.

I went to hug him, "Thank you" I said and went home.

TOP already found out, he knows I like Jiyong. And that was the moment we became closer that ever.