Punishment

My Shining Star

Dara's POV

“So who’s your type noona?”

I didn’t expect that Wooyoung will ask me that question.

“Well.. it’s a secret.” I said after a while.

“Oh c’mon noona. How about this? A Secret for a secret.”

“Sorry. Keep your secret for yourself and I will keep mine.” I said laughing. I can really sense his curiosity.

“Aigoo. Noona’s secretive.”

I laughed some more as I saw him pout. This boy is so cute.

"Sorry. That facial expression is not working."

"Oh really? You like tough guys, i forgot."

"I'm not particular with guys. When I like him, I like him."

"But you said on interviews..."

"Will you believe the interviews or the girl herself?" I said raising one brow.

"Fine. So who's your type? I'm asking the girl herself."

"Haha. It's not working Jang Wooyoung."

~

Wooyoung's POV

What am I thinking? Am I expecting her to say my name? Of course not. I don’t think she likes me. I was a little saddened by the thought.

“Omo. It’s 11:30AM already!” She said with shock in her eyes.

“We’re dead meat. Shall we run?” She nodded and started to run. At that moment, I want to hold her hand like what I see on TV. But I resisted.

I followed her.

“How about a race?” Dara asked when we were jogging side by side.

“Are you sure?” She nodded.

“What will be the prize then?” I playfully smiled. Hey am I flirting with her? And is she…?

“Whatever the winner wants, the loser will make sure he/she will get it.” She said with a confident smile on her face.

“Deal.”

~

“Sorry we’re late.” I said apologetically as we bow our heads to our group mates.

They just look at us with teasing smiles.

CL spoke first. “We will forgive you two if you will treat us later.”

All 2PM members (except Wooyoung of course) screamed with delight.

Chansung started to narrate the food he likes to eat. “I want beef, pork…”

“We are not allowed to eat those.” Minji said sadly.

Taecyeon asked Bom. “What do you want to eat noona?”

Bom almost shouted, “Corn!”

“That is also not allowed unnie!” CL said.

Junho put his arms around CL’s shoulders, “Yah, give the girls a break. We’ll be practicing hard this coming weeks so let this day be a carefree one.”

She gave him a light blow on his stomach. “Don’t you dare do that again.”

“Hey hey take it easy.” Junsu said while getting in between the in rage CL and the smiling foolishly Junho. “But I think Junho is right. Let’s not let this opportunity pass. The fact that Wooyoung and Dara are in charge, let’s eat all we want tonight!”

More cheering from the boys. Worried looks from the girls.

“Wait, before we talk about the feast later, let’s interrogate these two.” Junho said while winking at CL. CL rolled her eyes.

“I like that.” Nichkhun said. I looked at Bom unnie as she looked lovingly at him. Uh-oh.

Minji nudged me. “Well, family matters.” I said.

“Same here.” Wooyoung said.

“Oh, so you built a family now eh?” Taecyeon with a wide smile said.

“Hyung!”

Screaming erupted.

I can feel my face gotten hotter from the teasing. I looked at Wooyoung and he looked shy too.

“Are you guys dating?” Bom said while slowly making her way next to Nichkhun.

“NO!” We said at the same time.

More screaming.

“It just so happen that we rode the same bus going here.” Wooyoung said, appearing to be desperate not to be misunderstood.

CL looked at me. She will surely not believe what happened earlier.

I smiled at the thought.

“Yeah right, Wooyoung. Dara noona, tell us the truth.” Taecyeon said while pretending to kick Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung is telling the truth.” I said then looked at Wooyoung. He smiled at me.

“Omo! I can feel love is in the air.” Chansung said while hugging Nichkhun. Bom gave the hugging ‘couple’ a deadly stare.

More screaming.

~

“YAH! ARE WE HERE TO FOOL AROUND?” The dance instructor entered the room. He is undeniably angry.

The room became silent. I saw Taecyeon sneakily put his hand on Bom noona’s shoulders.

He looked at us. “You two. You are one hour late.”

“Sorry Sir. We are really sorry. This will never ever happen again.” I said, taking full responsibility of what happened.

He looked at Dara noona who looked apologetic.

“Alright. Make sure it will not happen again or else…”

“We understand Sir. We’ll do our best.” I said and looked at Dara. She mouthed sorry.

“Now, let’s start with the opening performance. I’ll divide you into two groups.”

The trainor assigned me, Dara, Minji and Chansung to perform Fire. The rest will perform 10 out of 10.

I can see Taecyeon, Bom and Junho smiling. Nichkhun and CL looked like they don’t like their group assignment. Junsu appeared to be clueless about the tension in the group.

We started practicing the dance steps.

~

Dara's POV

The trainer called me and Wooyoung after two straight hours of practice.

“I want to give a punishment for you two so that others will not follow your footsteps.”

“Okay sir. We will do our best.” Wooyoung said.

“Dance performance.”

“Sir?” I said.

“Three minutes. Do whatever you want it. But just the two of you. Concentrate on it. See your dance next week. Are we clear?”

“Okay Sir.” Wooyoung said with determination.

“Be back in a minute!” The trainer said to the others. “Be sure no one’s going out okay?” He said to us. We nodded.

“Sorry noona but I think we have extra hours to practice.”

“It’s okay. I think we’ll have fun.” I looked at him. We smiled at each other.

Awkward silence.

“So shall we practice tomorrow?”

“Yes. Let’s meet here 8AM?” I suggested.

“Perfect. No late?”

“How about a punishment for the late comer?”

“I’m tired of punishments.”

“You should be. I beat you in the race. You still owe me some errands.” I said teasingly.

He smiled. “Madam, do you want water? I’ll get some.”

“Thank you.” I can’t understand what I’m feeling. I feel light and happy talking to him like this.

He exited the room.

“So what was that?”

I was a little startled by CL’s voice.

“Oh that’s nothing.”

“No unnie. That is something.” CL said with her arms crossed. “He is your crush and based on past events, he likes you too.”

I motioned her to be quiet. I dragged her outside the room.

“CL-roo, it’s just between me and you remember. Just like your secret about what happened between you and Junho.”

“Don’t change the topic unnie. I am talking about you and Mr. Jang.”

“Okay.” I’m trying to be calm. “I don’t know. I just want to enjoy the moment. But I promise to you, I will not be the one to make the first move, just like what you are always telling me.”

“That’s good. Don’t ever make the man feels that he’s in control of you. Don’t.” She said distinctively.

“CL, can I ask you something?”

“What unnie?”

“What happened between you and Junho? I mean, what made you separate?” I can feel that it has something to do with the ' don't make the man feels that he’s in control of you' statement.

“Some other time. I have acrobatic stuffs to do. Taecyeon is torturing me with his lifting.”

I laughed. “Okay. Be careful okay? And oh, how’s Bom unnie?”

“Having the time of her life.”

We laughed.

I followed CL in entering the room.

I saw Junho and Chansung pestering Minji, doing what Big Bang sunbaenims do. Imitating Minji on Can’t Nobody. Junsu was laughing at them.

On the other corner, I saw Taecyeon handling Bom unnie a towel. But Bom gave it to Nichkhun. I laughed so hard.

“What’s funny?” I heard Wooyoung said behind my back.

“Nothing.” When I turned around, I was a little shocked that his face was so near to mine.

~

Wooyoung's POV

I swallowed. I feel like the time stopped. It’s my first time being this close to her… extra close. I looked at her eyes then to her cute little nose and down to her lips...