Revelation

My Shining Star

I removed my bonnet and sunglasses. I am confident it’s him. I am 1001% sure. I knew it. I shouldn’t have doubted myself. I recognized his voice. Of course. I listen to 2PM songs a lot. Plus the fact I watch his variety show guestings. Oh do I sound like a fangirl?

“Wait a sec. We’re almost there.” I hung up and prepared for the ultimate revelation.

~

“What did she say?” Bom asked.

“She said ‘we’re almost there’.” CL said, still not in her right senses.

“Oh my. Are they dating already?” Junho said.

Silence.

~

She took wobbly steps away from me. Ah. She’s cute. Glad she’s not a freaky kind of stalker.

Well, I just assumed she is a stalker. Judging from the way she reacted when I glanced back. I smiled amusingly. I decided to continue walking towards my destination.

“Excuse me.”

It’s the 'stalker girl'. I smiled. I turned around smiling but it faded once I saw the girl’s face. What the…

She’s smiling brightly. She took steps towards me and I foolishly stepped back. My heart is racing. I’m breaking a sweat even though it’s cold.

The 'stalker girl' turned out to be… Dara noona.

~

I laughed.

“Hi there.” I said while waving. He’s still shocked. His face is making me smile some more.

“Hello noona. I’m Jang Wooyoung.” He bowed continuously.

“Silly. Of course I know you.”

I took three steps towards him. It is my first time being alone with him… and we are talking!

I never saw this coming.

~

 

“I’m so sorry noona. I didn’t know it was you.” I nervously said. Can she notice I’m dazed about the shocking revelation? Aigoo. I haven’t imagined this scene ever. I imagined us being stuck in a deserted island or being MCs of a same program but never this. This is really unexpected. I almost slapped myself at that thought.

She laughed loudly. Why do I feel good hearing her laughter in person?

“It is me who should apologize. I’m sorry for scaring you when we were on the bus.”

“It’s okay noona.” I consciously brushed my hair. “But the truth is, I was really scared.”

She laughed again. I smiled, looking at the ground.

We awkwardly stood there for almost a minute. We both asked at the same time, “Why are you late?”

Explosion of shy laughter.

“Ladies first.”

“Well, I came home to my family.” She started while also starting to walk slowly. I followed. We are now walking side by side. “Just a little family reunion. I miss my mom and siblings so much; I didn’t notice I’ll be late for practice. Aigoo. I’m really sorry.”

“I’m embarrassed too. I’m so careless.” I said, trying to console her that she's not the only one at fault.

“Why?” She asked. She’s been looking at me in the eyes but I can’t seem to look back. I look at her… ahm.. forehead instead.

“Well.. I went home to my family too because we didn’t have a schedule yesterday. I was awake 8AM I swear.” Because I’m excited to see you. “But then I fell asleep after eating breakfast.”

Dara smiled. “It happened to me a couple of times before too. That can get us in serious trouble.” I like how she said us.

“Yes. Just like today. Aigoo. What will 2NE1 say about me? It will be a bad first impression.” I said cutely. Oh my. I cannot believe I am showing my aegyo to Dara noona. I mean, we just started talking a while ago and here I am, starting to be comfortable with her presence, which I can’t do before, mind you.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to explain your side to them so they will not think badly of you. Just make sure to do the same with 2PM huh!” She joked while lightly nudging me. I am wearing a jacket but I felt electricity running through my body from her touch. I swallowed and looked again to the ground.

“Of course noona.”

~

I am very happy to finally be able to talk to Wooyoung like this. Being late and that bus ride were blessings in disguise. I smiled at the thought.

“Noona, is that a new 2NE1 song? When are you going to release it?”

“Oh you mean my ringtone?” He nodded. “It is the sample of our song for the concert. I recorded it while Bomyang was practicing it. That will be the chorus. I think you, Junsu-sshi and Bom unnie will be singing it. Those are the only details revealed by Teddy.”

“Wow. So that is the song Teddy hyung & JYP hyung wrote for the concert?”

“Yap. Exciting right? I think we will start recording it this weekend.”

After a while, I asked. “By the way, who are you talking to a while ago?”

“Oh that? It’s Taec hyung. He doesn’t sound angry though.”

“Neither is CL. She sounds… excited.” I thought maybe because she will be with her ex co-trainees. Also, she told me she had a fling with Junho and I’m guessing she still likes him from the fact that she always smile when she sees him on TV. She ignores him when we see them though. Maybe they had a painful separation. I should ask CL some time.

~

“I think the boys are having fun.” But not as much fun as I am experiencing now. “You want to know a secret noona?”

“Yeah. Tell me.” I looked at her eyes for the first time and saw it glittering with amusement.

“Well Taec hyung has an awful crush on Bom noona. As in head over heels.”

“Eh? But Bomyang likes Nickhun-sshi. Tsk. Too bad.” She said while pouting. She’s really cute.

“Who doesn’t like Nickhun anyway?” I said matter-of-factly, not in the sad jealous way. I know Khun is a good man so he deserves that handsome face. Haha!

“Well I don’t.” What she said made me stop.

“How come?”

“I mean he’s not my type.”

I looked at her and I can see she's telling the truth.

This took courage for me to say.

“So who’s your type noona?”