There was a girl,

Woke up in the morning looking like…LEE TAEMIN?

 *Note: I changed this chapter a bit, so it may look different from the sneak-peak!

Sorry for posting chapter 1 so late! Luckily, exams are finally over and my (hopefully) easy courses have arrived meaning: more time to write! (:

That aside, I hope you guys don’t also get as confused when reading. I mean, Dae is still a girl…(kind of) so in the story (which will remain in third-person) I’ll be referring to her as ‘she’ , ‘Dae’, ‘her’…etc. But the characters (excluding those who know of who she really is) will refer to her as ‘him’ and ‘Taemin’ and even ‘It’ …alright?

Hope you enjoy reading the first chapter as much as I did writing it! (:

--Souhiyou.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

~Victor Frankl.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter One:

There was a girl,


“This is all your fault,” Chinho said, as he covered his ears in a futile attempt to block out the scream emitting from the she-male on the hospital bed. Chinho—one of the three men in the black suits who had arrived to explain the situation to Dae—was sure that, behind his mask, his co-worker, Duck-Young (who was usually referred to as just Duck) was smirking.

Duck took on a look of pure innocence. Who, me? He mouthed.

Namkyu, another one of thee men, sighed in frustration. He walked over to Dae, took the glass of water that was placed on the little desk by her beside, and angrily poured it’s contents over her head.

“Shut up,” he hissed. Dae immediately compiled to the order.

Duck whistled. “Damn, Namkyu, you’re a mean one aren’t ya? I mean our little idol just woke up and you dump water all over her—him…er….it?”

“Is this a joke?” Dae managed in a hoarse voice.

“I thought it wouldn’t be able to talk until next week,” commented Chinho, liking the new name Duck had thought of.

“I’m not an it,” Dae hissed, her voice sounding weaker.

“Sure you aren’t,” said Chinho sarcastically. “Hate to break to you, but you’ve the brain of a chick and the body of a dude. One of Korea’s most loved bodies, miss—mister—thing.

“Oh, good one!” Duck high-fived his co-worker.

“Duck, Chinho,” Namkyu snapped. “Shut up and stop being so goddamn annoying! You’re in your twenties for God’s sake.”

Sullenly, both did as they were told. Namkyu turned to Dae. “Look, there was no other way around this. Either both of you died, resulting in thousands of depressed girls all over South Korea, and hell, maybe some who’d commit suicide, or this. We chose this, and unfortunately for you, you‘ll have to go on living life as Taemin.”

“What if I don’t?” Dae questioned, coughing a little. She rubbed .

Namkyu gave her a flat stare. “If you don’t, you’ll get sued two million, which is the total cost of this surgery and the rehab following it.”

“How the hell does one surgery cost so much?” Dae shouted, resulting in a coughing fit afterwards. Duck rushed out the room to get her a cup of water.

“This is a relatively new surgery done last minute,” Namkyu explained. “The fact that you’re alive and talking is a shock itself, and obviously new surgeries will cost more than the ones that have been practiced for years.”

She happily accepted the glass of water from Duck, who had re-entered the room. When she drank it all, she spoke. “Isn’t the concept of girls committing suicide over Taemin’s death a little…" she paused, searching for the right words. "Far-fetched? Unreal? Stupid? I mean, sure I love SHINee as much as the next girl, but you do really think I’d jump in front of a train because my favourite member of the group died?”

“Actually, when there was a false rumour going around that Taemin was dating Sulli, we received various calls from girls stating they’d kill themselves right now if that rumour was true,” Duck stated.

Frustrated, Dae pulled the sheets off herself and muttered a, “I’m heading to the bathroom,” then stumbled out of the room before anyone could tell her she wasn’t due to walk yet for a couple more days. She fell about seven times, and when she was half-way down the hall and realized she couldn’t pull herself up, she resorted to crawling until she found a bathroom.

-&-

Dae—no, wait, Taemin—stared at the signs before her. It was simple and self-explanatory, yet difficult and problematic at the same time. Before her—him, it—there are two doors with two signs:

BOY’S BATHROOM.

GIRL’S BATHROOM.

With a sad shake of her head, she quietly crawled her way back to her hospital room. Duck graciously helped her to her feet and walked her to her bed.

“I thought you were going to the bathroom,” said Chinho. “That was awfully quick.”

“I tried,” she said simply.

“Then what?” Duck questioned. “What happened?” After a moment of silence, he realized. “Oh. . That’s….oh…. Awkward.

It got worse when Chinho offered to teach her how to pee while standing.

-&-

“That was so gross,” Dae said, still looking appalled. Chinho was now walking her back to her room from the bathroom. “So…oh, my god. That was disturbing. How the hell….oh gosh.”

Duck stared at his co-worker who looked solemn. “Are you sure you’re not a e or something, Chinho?”

“Um, hi, I had three younger brothers who I had to potty train,” Chinho shot back. “So, kindly shut the hell up.”

“Okay, now that we’ve got that covered,” Namkyu announced, “we’ll need to teach you how to act in front of your bandmates, as well as ensure you’re good to sing and dance after rehab.”

Dae furrowed her brows. “What…?”

Namkyu rubbed his temples. “Let me dumb it down for you: if you don’t act how Taemin would act, your bandmates will get suspicious. If your bandmates are suspicious, then your fans might get suspicious too. If your fans get suspicious, someone might try and find out the truth. If the truth is found out, your is sued two million, understand?”

Dae nodded.

“Great,” Duck said pleasantly. He clapped his hands together. “Now let’s start the first lesson on how to be Taemin, shall we?”

“First lesson,” said Chinho. “No drooling over you hyungs. Like, at all. Any form of fangirling will result in you getting sprayed with this,” he then pointed at a sprayer filled with water that suspiciously looked like one a person would use when teaching a cat something.

The day just got worse after that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I’m so thankful for all who read, commented, and subscribed. I’m also glad this idea interested you! I really wish I thought of the plot before Meg Cabot -;_; but I will be adding a whole lot of twists in this story! …Like Dae/Taemin meeting her/his fangirls…and bandmates…and fangirls…and other co-workers in the SM biz…and fangirls.

Ha, ha! (:

Thanks again to all! Remember: critics to a writer is like cough medicine to the sick, it makes them gradually get better and better. (:

Here’s a sneak peak at chapter two if you’re curious:

“Oh, ,” Duck swore, hanging up the phone.

Chinho frowned. “What is it?”

“SHINee couldn’t wait to see their little Taemin,” he muttered. “They’re coming in an hour or so!”

“But Thing’s not ready to see them yet!” Chino cried. “! Okay, Thing, we’ll have to change your lesson for now. Instead of acting like Taemin, you need to act like you’re not attracted to them at all, okay? If you seem different, just blame it at the fact that you just woke up. And I swear, if you blush or some like that, I‘ll kill you, okay?”

Dae paled. Oh…god…

Thanks for reading. =)