Graduation Confessions

Graduation Confessions

 

I fixed my gown and cap. I put a little more eyeliner and applied blush to my cheeks. It was graduation day. I was finally going to graduate high school. I smiled to myself. I couldn't wait to graduate. More freedom. College. New friends. But that doesn't mean I won't miss my high school friends, especially my best friend, Suzy. I put pink lipstick on my lips and adjusted my bracelet. I stepped back to admire myself. I had put dirty blond extensions and curled my long hair an hour ago. I was getting more excited and nervous.

 

“Are you done, Seungyeon?” my mother hollered from downstairs. I glanced at myself on the mirror for the last time and opened the door.

 

“Yeah! Just wait!” I shouted back. Good gracious. So loud in the morning, I thought. I grabbed my red purse and skipped downstairs. I walked towards the kitchen and was greeted with the aroma of coffee, pancakes, and bacon.

 

“Morning, dad! Morning, mom!” I greeted, giving them each a kiss on the cheek. My dad was drinking coffee and reading a newspaper, while my mom was wearing an apron, cooking more bacon for us. My dad looked up from his newspaper and glanced at me.

 

“Be careful not to ruin your gown,” my mom reminded me. I nodded and continued eating my bacon.

 

“Too much makeup, Seungyeon,” my dad commented, sipping his coffee. I rolled my eyes and pouted. Still treating me as a kid, I thought sourly.

 

“I'm eighteen, for god's sake!” I whined, stabbing my pancakes.

 

“Dear, it's her graduation! Let her do what she wants,” my mom said. I grinned at her while she gave me a wink.

 

“Fine. You look very pretty though, Seungyeon,” my dad replied. I grinned wider.

 

“Thank you, daddy,” I replied.

 

“You're welcome, sweetheart,” he answered, returning back to his newspaper.

 

“Ah! That reminds me. We have a gift for you,” my mom said, wiping her hands on the kitchen towel. She went to the living room and returned with a small box in her hand. I clapped my hands, excitement and anticipation churning in my stomach. She opened it for me and revealed a shining ruby necklace, perfect for my dress.

 

“Oh mom,” I whispered. I crushed her in my arms and thanked her. I was starting to tear up and fanned myself to stop the tears.

 

“For my baby girl. You've grown so much and now you're graduating,” my mom said, tears flowing down her face. She broke the hug and wiped her tears.

 

“It's so beautiful, mom,” I said, admiring the necklace. “Thank you so much!”

 

“I bought it too,” my dad chirped in, breaking the moment. My mom slapped his arm.

 

“I don't know what to do with you, Junghun,” my mom said, shaking her head.

 

“But you still love me!” replied my dad, smiling up at my mom. She blushed and pecked my dad's cheeks.

 

“Eew! Get a room!” I cried, covering my innocent—not—eyes. My mom blushed again and picked up the necklace.

 

“Here. I'll put it on,” she said, turning me around. I waited as her hand went around my neck. She put the necklace on and fixed it. I stared at it. It really was pretty.

 

“Wow, you look really good, Seungyeon” my mom said, raising two thumbs. I smiled at her and went back to eating. I finished my pancakes and bacon and got up to brush my teeth. I went back upstairs and walked to the bathroom. I finished and went downstairs. I looked at the clock. It was time.

 

“Mom, you're going to the graduation right?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah, do you want me to drive you there?” she asked back.

 

“No, it's fine. Do you know what time it'll start?”

 

“Yeah. Nine, right?” she answered.

 

“Yup. Dad, you're going too right?”

 

“Of course. It's my little girl's graduation,” he replied. I grinned.

 

“I'll see you there then,” I said. I waved goodbye to my parents and walked out the house. I started my car and drove to my high school.

 

 

 

As soon I parked, I saw Suzy with a bunch of my friends, hanging out. Everyone was dressed in white gowns with their caps on their hands or in their hands. I got out and walked over to Suzy, who instantly saw me. She waved her hand vigorously at me, making me chuckle.

 

“Hey, Seungyeon!” she said, bouncing on her toes.

 

“Hey, Suzy. You're so excited in the morning,” I said.

 

“I know right? I just wanna get this day over with,” my other friend, Luna, said.

 

“Oh come on, Luna. Be more excited. We're graduating!” Suzy exclaimed, grinning widely. Luna just rolled her eyes when her boyfriend came up.

 

“Oh, hey Xiumin!” I said, giving a smirk to a shocked Luna. She whipped around and gave him the biggest fake smile I have ever seen. Xiumin smiled back, wrapping an arm around her waist.

 

“You guys are so sweet!” Boram cooed sarcastically. We all laughed at that. Xiumin blushed while Luna gave us a glare. She deserved it. If only she'd lighten up and not give that fake smile to her boyfriend, then everything would be okay.

 

“Okay, okay. No more teasing Luna. Let's do it later,” Fei said, winking at us. We laughed again. It was fun teasing Luna and Xiumin. He would constantly blush and Luna would be glaring daggers at us. But they still loved each other so it was fine.

 

“Where are your friends?” I asked Xiumin. He nodded over to another group by a tree. They were talking and laughing to each other.

 

“Invite them over!” an excited Boram said. Xiumin grinned and called them.

 

“Hey guys! Come over here!” he shouted. They looked up and walked over to us. The group consisted of Leeteuk, Jinyoung, Himchan, Jonghyun, and Yoochun. Boram waved at them, making googly eyes at Himchan. I giggled at her. She was so in love with him. But Himchan liked her back. He was too shy to ask her out. And today was the last day of school. Those who haven't confessed to the ones they liked did it today.

 

“Hey, Boram,” Himchan said. Boram grinned widely, that same dreamy look in her face.

 

“Hi, Himchan,” she said. I rolled my eyes, unable to take so much of this. Just ask her already. Ugh, you sometimes make me puke, Himchan, I thought, shaking my head.

 

“Seungyeon.”

 

“Yeah, Leeteuk?” I said.

 

“I like your necklace,” he answered. My hand flew to my neck, touching the necklace. He noticed? Well, that's Leeteuk for you, I thought, still shocked.

 

“Ah, thanks,” I mumbled, my necklace. He shot a grin at me as I looked down.

 

“You have a necklace? How come I didn't notice!” Suzy cried, pushing them away as she stepped in front of me. Because you're blind? I thought. She tore my hand away and examined the necklace. She turned it left and right and looked behind it, as if there was something written there. Yeah, Suzy. There's something behind my necklace, I thought sarcastically.

 

“Wow, so pretty!” she stated after much consideration. “Where did you get it?”

 

“My parents,” I answered.

 

“Wah! So lucky!” Fei said, looking at my necklace.

 

“It looks really beautiful,” Boram murmured, touching my necklace.

 

“Thanks,” I shyly replied. The bell rang. I looked up and saw the students run or walk to their homeroom. Our group separated and went to their respective classrooms. I said goodbye to my friends and walked towards the entrance. Suzy went off to another direction even though we were in the same homeroom. Someone joined my side and I looked up at the person.

 

“Oh, hey Jinyoung,” I said, a little bit surprised to see him. Jinyoung and me were in the same homeroom and usually talked to each other. But now he looked really nervous and kept biting his lip. What's with him? I thought.

 

“Hey, you okay?” I asked him. He snapped out from his trance and slowly nodded.

 

“Can I ask you something?” he asked. I nodded. “How do you confess to someone?” he continued. My jaw dropped. Jinyoung liked someone? I wonder who it is.

 

“Who is it?” I asked. He looked at me then looked down. “I won't tell. Promise,” I added to reassure him.

 

“It's um . . . It's Fei,” he said at last. Fei?!

 

“You like Fei?” I cried. He quickly covered my mouth with his hand and looked around to see if anyone heard what I just said.

 

“Sorry, Jinnie,” I said, using his nickname.

 

“Nah, it's fine,” he said. “So can you help me? Do you think she'll say yes if I confess to her?”

 

“Hmm. Probably. I mean you're really cute. Not that I like you or anything. You know that right?” I rambled on. He chuckled.

 

“I get it, Seungyeon. So how do I ask her out?”

 

“Are you confident in speaking in front of crowds?” I asked.

 

“I don't know. Maybe,” he answered.

 

“Then how about during the graduation party?” I suggested. He thought about it.

 

“I wanna confess today,” he replied. I nodded.

 

“Then drag her to an empty classroom and confess there,” I responded.

 

“Okay, I'll do that. Thanks, Seungyeon,” he said, giving me a hug.

 

“No problem, Jinnie. Anything for you,” I said, returning the hug.

 

We reached our homeroom and went to my seat. Suzy was already there. Weird, I thought.

 

“Suzy,” I whispered. She turned to my direction and gave me a big smile.

 

“Hey, Seungyeon,” she whispered back. I sat on my seat and waited for the teacher to come in. I looked around. Almost all of the students were in their seats. I started talking to Suzy. After the teacher came in, I could feel someone staring at me. I looked around and met eyes with my crush, Zelo. He blushed and looked down. What the? I thought. I went back to talking to Suzy but I could still feel it. I looked around again, and he was still staring at me. He gave me a small smile and went back to looking at the board.

 

“Okay . . .,” I mumbled to myself.

 

“What's wrong, Seungyeon?” asked Suzy.

 

“Zelo keeps staring at me,” I admitted.

 

“He is? Oooh your crush likes you!” she whispered, poking my side.

 

“Quit it, Suzy! He does not like me!” I hissed.

 

“Is something wrong, Ms. Park?” the teacher asked me, glaring at us. All the students turned their heads and looked at us, especially Zelo. I forced myself not to blush and make a straight face.

 

“No. Nothing's wrong,” I answered. He narrowed his eyes and went back to telling the class about the procedures of the graduation ceremony.

 

“Gosh, Suzy. We almost got in trouble. You should really keep the mouth shut,” I said. She pouted and crossed her arms. I stuck out my tongue while she did the same thing. I turned around and caught Zelo staring at me again. He stuck out his tongue. I forgot that I still had my tongue out and quickly put it back in my mouth. He silently chuckled and turned around. That was so cute! I thought. The bell rang again. It was time for the ceremony. We left the classroom and followed everyone to the gym, where the ceremony was being held. We lined up alphabetically and entered the gym. The audience stood up as we all entered. We were guided by class marshals to our seat. I couldn't wait to get my diploma. Soon a huge smile was forming on my face.

 

 

 

The graduation ceremony finally ended. In my hand was my perfect diploma. I carried it like my life depended on it. After the ceremony, my parents came running to me, crying. Well, only my mom was crying while my dad was trying not to cry. We had a group hug and my mom snatched away my diploma, in which I said to be very very careful with it.

 

After talking to my parents, I went off to find my friends. I spotted them huddled in a group and ran towards them.

 

“Hey . . . guys!” I said, panting after all the running.

 

“Oh hey Seungyeon!” said Suzy, waving at me. She walked towards me and shoved a piece of paper in my hand. I looked quizzically at her and looked at the paper.

 

“What is this?” I asked her.

 

“Just read it and go. He's waiting for you,” Suzy answered and went back to talking to our friends. They gave me supporting nods and two thumbs up. I was confused but decided to get along with it. I looked at the paper. No name, just a room number. I waved goodbye to my friends and entered the building again. I walked towards homeroom and opened the door. No one was there. Was this a joke?

 

“Seungyeon,” a voice said behind me. I whipped around and saw Zelo come out from the shadows. Why is he here? I thought.

 

“Oh, hey Zelo. What's up?” I asked.

 

“Suzy gave you the note?” he said.

 

“Oh so this was yours? Do you need anything or something?”

 

He stepped forward, ignoring my question. I stepped back and bumped into one of the tables. I looked behind me and moved around it. I turned around and almost jumped. Zelo was like right in my face.

 

“Zelo. Oh my gosh. You scared me,” I said, holding my chest. He looked down sheepishly and mumbled sorry.

 

“So. Why did you ask me to come here?” I asked him. He bit his lip like Jinyoung. Don't tell me he wants to confess to someone? I thought. Oh, there goes my luck.

 

“Um, how do you ask someone out? Or confess?” Zelo asked me. I sighed and lowered my head. My love life is ruined.

 

“Uh, like hug or kiss but that would sc—.”

 

I was interrupted by his soft lips on mine. My eyes widened every second the kiss lasted. His tongue darted out and my bottom lip. I pushed his chest but he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. Oh my god, I'm kissing my crush. Oh my gosh. This is not happening, I kept thinking. But it felt really good. I tried resisting but his lips made me crave for more.

 

I unconsciously opened my mouth, and his tongue went in, tentatively every inch of my mouth. I moaned quietly as his wet muscle touched my own. He smirked and my tongue. I moaned again. I fumbled with my hands and pushed him away, our mouths separating. I panted harshly, trying to in oxygen. Suddenly, he hugged me. I stayed frozen in my spot, unsure of the situation.

 

“I like you,” he whispered in my ear. Once again, my eyes grew twice its size. He . . . he likes me? I don't believe it.

 

“What?”

 

“I liked you ever since last year when we were in the same homeroom. I haven't had the guts to tell you since you were surrounded by guys,” he answered.

 

“Wait. What? Surrounded by guys? Who are you talking about?” I asked, breaking the hug.

 

“Xiumin's group,” he replied.

 

“Aaw, is baby Zelo jealous?” I said, pinching his cheeks. He pouted and grabbed my hands, pinning it to the sides. I blushed and pulled my wrist. He smirked and pulled my arm. I crashed into his body as I stumbled forward.

 

“Would you go out with me?” he asked. I smiled.

 

“Even though it's late. I don't really know . . .,” I answered, slightly smirking. I almost burst out laughing as I saw his shocked face.

 

“Just kidding!” I shouted, sticking my tongue out. He crossed his arms and turned around. I pouted. I back-hugged him, which made him jump a little.

 

“Don't you want to know my answer?” I asked him.

 

“Well, aren't I too late?” he answered sarcastically.

 

“Yes. Go out with me.”

 

He stiffened and separated from my hug. He turned around and gave me a shocked look. “What?”

 

“Um, I like you, too, since la—“

 

Again, I was interrupted by his lips, but this time it was sweet and loving. No passion. No tongue. Just his feelings. I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. We broke the kiss due to the lack of oxygen but didn't break off the hug. We stared into each others eyes. No words couldn't describe what we were feeling right now.

 

“Ah. You're so cute!” he said suddenly, pinching my cheeks. I frowned and blushed pink. Is this his real personality? What happened to the serious Zelo?

 

“Yeah. It is!” he answered. I gave him a surprised look.

 

“Can you read minds?” I asked him.

 

“No. But your face says it all,” Zelo replied.

 

“Oh.”

 

“It's okay. My Seungyeon is still cute!” he said, pinching my cheeks again. My face went blank. I feel like I'm regretting saying yes now, I thought.

 

“You don't like me anymore?” he asked, pouting and doing his puppy-dog eyes. I looked at him and instantly forgot all thoughts of leaving him.

 

“Aww, my baby Zelo is so cute!” I immediately said. I mean seriously, the guy had a baby face. I just wanted to squish his little, fat cheeks.

 

“Should we tell everybody?” he asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Should I tell everybody that you're finally mine?”

 

I blushed. I looked at his anticipating and encouraging eyes. I couldn't say no to that. I slowly nodded. His face changed into a happy one. He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. Everybody was still there. As we walked towards my friends, Suzy smirked at us.

 

“Finally,” she said, walking towards us. “When were you gonna come out? Tomorrow?”

 

My friends laughed. I looked down and blushed again. Zelo probably had this huge goofy grin on his face. But something in my mind clicked.

 

“Wait. You knew about this?” I asked Suzy. She smirked and gestured to everybody.

 

“Everyone knew and helped set this up,” she explained. My mouth dropped.

 

“Wait, did you know I liked him?” I asked, pointing to Zelo.

 

“Yup,” Jinyoung answered. I glanced at him. He had his arm around Fei. He winked at me and mouthed thank you. I gave him a small smile. At least it worked for him.

 

“It worked for us too, Seungyeon!” Boram yelled, waving at me. I stared at her. So, Himchan decided to finally confess. Took him long enough, I thought. They were holding hands, big smiles on their faces.

 

“Did he know I liked him?” I whispered, pointing at Zelo again. They all shook their heads. I sighed. Okay, good thing he didn't know, I thought.

 

“So did you guys kiss and do 'that'? Suzy asked, nudging Zelo. I gaped at her.

 

“Suzy!” I cried.

 

“What? Fei and Jinyoung almost did it!” she answered, pointing at the blushing couple.

 

“You guys were doing it in a classroom?” I exclaimed. They lowered their heads.

 

“But we got caught by a janitor!” Fei wailed. My friends and I laughed at that. I could already imagine the face of the janitor catching two people having . Poor janitor, I thought.

 

“So did you guys kiss though?” asked Luna. I glanced at Zelo. He shrugged.

 

“Yeah,” I said. They nodded approvingly. “More like make out,” I mumbled under my breath. Zelo chuckled.

 

Suzy slapped Zelo's back. “You better take care of her or all of us,” she motioned to everybody, “will strangle you to death.”

 

Zelo paled. I glared at Suzy. This girl, I thought, shaking my head. I pecked Zelo's cheek. “Sorry. Don't mind her. She's delusional sometimes,” I said out loud.

 

“Hey!” Suzy complained, making everybody laugh. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Kind of messed up in the end. Oh well. XD. Enjoy my oneshot guys!

Subscribe and comment!