Treacherous Waters

School Yard Rumble

 

Ch.5 “Treacherous Waters”

Jessica’s POV

“Where is she?”I could hear an edge of frustration in his tone. “I don’t know. I’m not her keeper.” Jasmina was listening intently. I could hear him sighing on the other end of the phone. “Look, I don’t think she even wants to talk to right now given the circumstances…you were kind of a .” I covered my mouth to hide any laughter that might have escaped at the comment I made. “Stupid idiot” he blurted out of anger. “You don’t sound like a person that wants to find her. If I’m a stupid idiot than I definitely don’t know where she is.”

I could only imagine the look on his face right now. Jasmina was sitting on her bed doubled over in laughter. “Look…I’ve got both of your wallets. Now if you two ever want to see them again you’ll go outside and get in the black limo that’s waiting in the front. Oh and bring your boyfriend P.O with you.” I went to object. “He’s not my boy…” click. That hung up on me. Jasmina and I exchanged a look of disbelief that shifted into anger. P.O began to shift and wake up on the floor. I rolled my eyes and gave Jasmina her phone back.

 

Jasmina’s POV

I took the phone from her hand and stood up angrily. He just thinks that he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. If he can get into our room without us here then it worried me with what else he was capable of doing. I didn’t like the idea of following any orders from him but I wanted my damn wallet back. It had my id, all of my money, cards…I needed it back. “What’s going on?” P.O asked as he ran his hand through his messy hair. “Nothing just go wash your mouth” Jessica said annoyed. I laughed remembering what had happened. If I was Jessica he would have been dead on the spot but she gave him a bloody lip so that would have to suffice.

After doing what I’m sure was going against my better judgment we headed downstairs and got into the limo. I had no idea where we were headed and my nerves increased. All I know is that I wanted to beat the hell out of him when I saw him. The windows were tinted black making it impossible for me to see out of them. Jessica sat there not saying a word and P.O was holding his head in his hands with what I assumed to be a major headache. We had been driving for what seemed like hours when the car finally came to a stop. I stepped out of the car and the breeze blew my hair around wildly. I could smell the ocean and feel the tickling sensation of my hair dancing on my back. It felt amazing out here.

I turned around and saw what looked to be an upscale resort. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a place this nice in my life. A figured walked out of the front doors and greeted me with a cocky smile. “Took you long enough” he said through his grin. I marched up to him and smacked him upside his head. “Yah! What was that for?!?” As if he didn’t know. “For you being an idiot! Now give us our things so we can go.” He got in my face and stared me down with anger. “You thought I was just going to hand it over, think again. There are terms to this agreement.” He sounded so menacing as he spoke…it kind of . None the less, I blocked the voice in my head and returned to reality. “What are you talking about?” He smiled and grabbed my arm pulling me into the luxurious resort.

I would have tried to fight him off but I was too amazed by everything that I was seeing. People were laughing and smiling everywhere sipping on expensive drinks and walking about in swim suits. Little shops lined small corners full of luxurious goods and materials. Even if I had my wallet with me right now I don’t think that I’d be able to afford much of anything in here. “Keep up.” He pulled my arm forcing me even closer to him. We approached a nice little restaurant and he tossed me into a chair rather forcefully. “I know how to sit in a chair you moron.” He smiled and ignored my comment by grabbing a menu. I squinted my eyes at him in anger and picked up the menu myself. Everything looked really good…and really expensive. I felt guilty for even looking at the menu.

“We’ll both take tea” U-Kwon said to the tiny waitress that I hadn’t even noticed walked up. “What makes you think I wanted tea?” He folded his arms and looked intently at me. “I know exactly what you want Jasmina.” I scoffed and folded my arms as well. “If you knew what I wanted then you would know that I want you to leave me alone.” I began to fiddle slightly with the napkin I placed on my lap. “It didn’t seem like you wanted me to leave you alone the other night” he said as he leaned closer towards me. I dropped the napkin and looked up into his eyes which were only a few inches away from my face. I swallowed down the lump of saliva that had built in my throat and pushed aside the nerves.

I stood up and threw the napkin in his face. “You don’t know anything about me!” I screamed to him before walking off. He caught my wrist but didn’t pull me back. “Remember…there are terms. Meet me by the pool in an hour.” I pulled my wrist from him and walked off in a random direction. “Forgetting something” he shouted out to me. I turned back and saw him dangling a room key from his fingers. I walked back and snatched it without saying a word to him. I looked down at the golden key in my hand and the number 135 was etched into it. I went through a maze of hallways and series of staircases before I ultimately found the room. I placed the key in and opened the door cautiously. Tired of waiting, I quickly pushed it open. This was definitely not your normal hotel.

My small heels clicked against fine Italian marble floors. Huge bay windows were directly in front of me with a balcony that beautifully over looked the ocean. I pulled the curtains back and opened the window letting a beautiful breeze roam about freely in the room. I walked over to the bathroom and stared in wonder at the beautiful shower. The room smelt of soft lavender and lilies. I was definitely going to have to take a shower in here. I stripped myself of all clothing and let the warm water run all over me. I used an array of beautiful smelling shampoos and body washes…I couldn’t just decide on one.

I got out of the shower and wrapped the softest towel I hadn’t even felt around my body. I tip toed over the bedroom hoping to get as little water on the floor as possible. That was the biggest bed I had ever seen. I jumped on it and began bouncing up and down happily. I stopped as I saw a bikini draped over a chair in the corner of the room. This must be meant for me. I walked over and grabbed the soft fabric and examined it in my hands. I smiled as I dropped the towel to my feet and began to put it on.

 

U-Kwon’s POV

As she walked off to the room I stared at her longingly. I finished my cup of tea and dismissed the waitress as the attempted to take my order. I got up from the table and made my way to the VIP longue where the rest of the guys were drinking and being as loud as possible. P.O sat far away from the rest of the group with his head on the table. I don’t think he’ll be drinking anytime soon after what happened last night. “Ah you lose! Take another shot Zico!” Taeil always beat him at drinking games no matter the game. I sat down next to P.O and he grunted at my sudden presence. “Why do you have to sit down so loud?” I laughed and that brought pain to his ears. “Kwon stop it!” How much did he even drink the night before?

“It’s not my fault you’re a drunk” I said through a laugh as I brought a shot to my lips. He looked over and cringed at the sight of it probably from remembering the events of last night. Many times when I was drunk or hung over he was there to help me so I knew I had to help him out. “Come on man. You should go swimming with us…trust me it’ll make you feel better.” I’m sure the thought of moving bothered him at this point. I wrapped his arm over my shoulder and lifted him from the chair and carried him off to the bathroom. I leaned him against the wall and tossed a pair of swim trunks at him. “Here; put these on and come meet me by the pool.” He grabbed the trunks and I closed the door to go get ready myself.

I was fully clothed……well in swim trunks. Black sandals and black swim trunks were my look for the day. I put on a pair of silver etched black lens glasses and made my way to the pool. I sat in a lawn chair in the far corner staring off into the distance. All I saw were young girls crowding around rich older men; typical. They all looked the same and all did the same exact thing. I was beginning to get tired of it. It was so monotonous and I was looking for a change of pace. Few people were actually in the pool swimming. I saw Jasmina’s friend doing laps and I began to wonder where Jasmina herself was. I looked over and saw P.O staggering towards me. He looked so miserable.

He flopped in the chair next to me and stared off into the pool. “Just jump in. You’ll feel better.” He smiled and stood up as his eyes landed on Jessica. Once she made her lap back to the end we were on he jumped right on top of her. Water splashed up and landed on me but it was refreshing. I smiled and held back laughter. P.O emerged from the water looking like a completely different person. I could tell he was already feeling better. “You idiot! You scared the hell out of me!” He only laughed as she splashed water at him trying to get away. While still laughing I looked over and saw Jasmina walking towards the pool. My laughter stopped as a serious expression replaced it.

 

Jasmina’s POV

As I approached the pool I saw Jessica attempting to swim away from who I could only assume was P.O. I also saw U-Kwon sitting in a chair staring intently over at me. I had a small towel wrapped around me. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me in the bikini just yet. The closer I got to him the bigger the smirk on his face grew. He looked so good in nothing but his swim trunks. He had a long toned figure. As cocky as he is I’m sure he already knew that. “Hello” he said with his signature smirk. I annoyed his remark and dropped the towel to the floor as I sat in the chair next to him. I didn’t have to look over to know that his eyes were running up and down my body.

He was so predictable that way. “I have good taste” he remarked as he pointed to what I was wearing. “Yeah it’s okay” I said with a smirk equal to his own. I looked down to the edge of the pool and read that the depth was over 12 feet…I got slightly nervous. “Let’s swim.” He stood up and I couldn’t bring myself to follow. “Come on” he said as he leaned over and pulled at my arm. I didn’t want to get in the pool with anyone let alone him. He lifted me into his arms and walked closer to the edge of the pool. I desperately tried fighting his grip. “Let go now!” He kept smiling and I felt as if he was about to throw me in. Panic shot threw my eyes as one singular thought ran through my head; I can’t swim.